Miley Cyrus Poisoned Herself

cyrusMiley Cyrus was recently released from the hospital where she spent nearly a week battling an allergic reaction to Cephalexin, a medication she was given to treat a sinus infection. She took the medication for five days before realizing that she had poisoned herself.

Cephalexin is an antibiotic that is used to treat a number of different bacterial infections. Cyrus was taking the medication as directed to treat a sinus infection; however, after taking the medication for five days, she suffered a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction. According to sources, when she woke up on the sixth day, she experienced difficulty breathing and had a skin rash over most of her body. Cyrus said the experience “was so scary… I had been poisoning myself for a week and did not even know it.”

After poisoning herself, Miley Cyrus was rushed to the hospital by ambulance where she was immediately admitted and treated for the allergic reaction. Initially, Cyrus said she was bored and sad to be in the hospital because she is not one to lay down and take time to get better and because she was missing concert dates. However, her sister cheered her up by bringing her a bunch of movies to watch. Cyrus joked saying she also spent “too much time” on online shopping while she was in hospital, and she admits to making some questionable purchases during that time.

It took Cyrus nearly a week to recover from the severe allergic reaction. During that time, she was hooked up to various machines and complained about being poked with needles. The effects of the allergic reaction could stay with her for up to 27 days, and if she does not take care of herself, the allergic reaction could occur again.

Cyrus says that she plans to be careful and take care of herself while she fully recovers from the incident. She is known for being over the top, pushing herself too far, and using recreational drugs. Hopefully, she is serious about taking care of herself and she will not go overboard when she resumes concert dates on her Bangerz tour. Especially now, she really needs to slow down and do whatever her doctors have told her to do in order to prevent a backset of her illness, which could land her back in the hospital.

Understandably, Cyrus is scared of having another allergic reaction. So much so that she is considering wearing a medical ID bracelet. She has joked about trying to find one that would be both fashionable and that would identify the medications she is allergic to, which at this point are Penicillin and Cephalexin.

Miley Cyrus unknowingly poisoned herself when she took the antibiotic Cephalexin. However, she is doing much better now and is home and Los Angeles where she plans to stay until she jets off to Europe for the next leg of her Bangerz tour later this week. Her first European concert date is scheduled for May 2. When she returns to the U.S., she plans to reschedule all the concert dates that had to be canceled due to her illness.

Opinion By Donna W. Martin

Sources:

People
US Magazine
Guardian Liberty Voice

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.