Peace treaties in the Middle East with Israel have been going on since the days of Egyptian leader Anwar Sadat and Israel’s Prime Minister, Menachem Begin, March 26, 1979. In all those days sine then, there has been a short-lived peace at Israel’s expense. Israel, it seems, has always had to give up certain areas of land just to satisfy the needs for peace. However true peace is not going to happen until the return of Christ. Otherwise, peace in the Middle East is going to be a fairy tale of dashed hopes and dreams until the return of Christ.
The Arab and Israeli people have been at each others throats since the time of Ishmael and Isaac. What makes little to no sense is that they either know, but do not care, know but are in denial, know but reject the facts their bloodlines trace back to their biological father Abraham. YES, they are really family. Try as they might, the descendants of Ishmael and Isaac can not deny they have the same father. Sounds controversial does it not? But it is true. And this continual bickering who has the right to live in the area they are now living, according to the Bible, all that land belongs to Israel. Genesis 15:18-21 gives us the clearest picture of how large the country of Israel was supposed to be.
This does not mean that the people of Israel and the peoples in the surrounding countries can not get along, because they can. But each one would need to let go of that one thing they refuse to let go: Pride!n For the moment, in light of the recent threats against Israel, take into consideration what has happened to every country that has turned their back against or mistreated the people of Israel:
1. Egypt: Wiped out by 10 plagues.
2. Babylon & Assyria (Biblical times): Overthrown by other world powers.
3. The Romans: Conquered by Barbarian tribes
4. Germany: During WWII six million Jewish people were slaughtered. The end result? The country was decimated. Divided into 4 sections by the Allied powers(West/East) East Germany suffered under Communism & walled in from August 13, 1961 to October 3, 1990.
From that time on, the country of Israel has endured threats from Iraq’s leader Saddam Hussein. In 1991, he launched attacks from Iraq with his SCUDD missiles as Hussein wanted to totally destroy Israel. Hussein tried it another time a few years later, but this plan failed and Saddam eventually was captured, convicted of crimes against the people of Iraq, and hung. Iran’s leader, Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, has openly said Iran has plans to wipe the country of Israel off the face of the planet.
Study the history books to what happened to every country that has attacked Israel in any way, shape, or form. They have all met with the same end: Defeat. Maybe Ahmedinejad and his allies do not care. Maybe they believe things will be different? Maybe, just maybe they do not know that they are playing right into Biblical history? Meaning? The following scripture references give a clue at what is to happen in the near future:
1. Zechariah 14:1-2
2 Ezekiel 38
3. Luke 21:20Daniel 11:44
4. Revelation 16:12
Each of these references clearly state that Israel will be attacked, but the end result will be the same, those who troubled Israel, lose. Try as they might, the leaders of the world will not be able to usher in the peace every on is wanting. Real peace is not going to come until the return of Christ. So forget the peace talks, as they stand a chance of holding together like water held in a sieve. Yes by all means live peacefully with each other. But make no mistake, Israel is God’s chosen people. Do not say anything bad about Israel or do anything bad to the Jewish people. If the world wants to see good days during their life time, they should do these two things:
1. Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem as it says to do in Psalm 122:6
2. The country that blesses the people of Israel, God will bless them. But on the other hand, if that country curses Israel or the Jewish people, they will be under a curse from God as it says in Genesis 12:3. Peace. True and long lasting peace will not come to the Middle East, less the world, and will remain a fairy tale until the return of Christ. In the Hebrew language, Maranatha means Come quickly Lord. If the world wants peace in the Middle East, pray that until the coming of Christ.
Opinion by John Thomas
Complete Jewish Version Bible (Printed).
Brown, Driver, Briggs Hebrew Lexicon (Printed)