Real Housewives of Atlanta Creates a Monster in NeNe Leakes?

Real Housewives of Atlanta
Real Housewives of Atlanta sixth season is reportedly one of the most watched seasons in the history of the reality show. Aside from the diamonds, Chanel bags, Christian Louboutins, fancy cars, elaborate homes, and exciting social lives, fans tune in for the comedy and intense real life drama. One cast member, in particular, known for her finger snapping, sharp-tongued comedic one liners is original cast member NeNe Leakes. Leakes was, at one time, one of the favorite housewives of all the Bravo TV Real Housewives franchise. Many fans, however, are now wondering if Bravo TV has created an egotistical, ruthless monster.

Andy Cohen, executive vice president of development and talent, interviewed Leakes on his popular show Watch What Happens Live Sunday night after the season finale of Real Housewives of Atlanta. The question looming over the heads of many is why Cohen gave Leakes an entire interview alone. What appeared to be an opportunity for the reality star to clear up any speculations or judgments made against her possibly turned into a platform to expose her true colors. As Cohen asked questions about the reality star’s point of view on the violence that occurred during the reunion taping of the Real Housewives of Atlanta and whom she believes should be fired from the show, Leakes’ answers spoke volumes.

The reality star reportedly wanted her fans to know that she does not condone violence, but she believes if a person gets in another person’s personal space, it is a violation that justifies a possible violent reaction. Castmates Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore reportedly engaged in a heated argument during the upcoming reunion special of Real Housewives of Atlanta. From Leake’s point of view, Moore, without touching Williams, “provoked” Williams. Leakes went on to further justify why Williams physically attacked Moore while stating she does not support violence. She possibly forgets that millions of fans witnessed her “violate” the personal space of former castmate Kim Zolciak on a tour bus and Kandi Burruss during an event. Zolciak, in a separate incident, reported to the police that Leakes had choked her in a parking lot when the cameras were not present. Many fans believe that this was the first sign that the hit reality show Real Housewives of Atlanta was creating a monster.

Viewers took to Facebook and Twitter Sunday night immediately following the Cohen interview to express their disappointment and disgust in Leakes’ interview. When Leakes shared with Cohen during the interview that she felt model and business owner Cynthia Bailey brought nothing to the Real Housewives of Atlanta and insinuated that her “friend” needed to be fired from the show, viewers were blown away. Avid followers of the show know that Bailey has been Leakes’ number one loyalist and promoter for several seasons. Bailey has always demonstrated having Leakes back when other cast mates felt “violated” by her. Viewers watched as Leakes disrespected Bailey and her husband Peter by referring to him as a b****. Bailey, once again, forgave her friend’s bad behavior and continued their longtime friendship. However, the reality star demonstrated during the interview that she does not have her friend’s back. Bailey took to Twitter stating she had been loyal to Leakes. Anyone reading between the lines of the message felt Bailey painfully removing the knife from her back.

In Hollywood, it is believed only the ruthless survive. It is an industry that can bring out the evil with the seduction of vanity and money. Once a housewife and Mother in a quiet suburb outside of Atlanta turned $1 million reality starlet overnight, Leakes might not have handled the Hollywood transition so well. Most people would find that being a housewife and having motherly duties to walking red carpets with paparazzi flashing cameras is a difficult transformation to adjust to. The original cast member is quick to remind Bravo TV fans that she gave the other housewives their break into showbiz by getting them onto the Real Housewives of Atlanta. She also never lets her cast mates forget that they are not on her level. She cashes Donald Trump checks from her stint on the Celebrity Apprentice, lands a recurring role on the hit television show Glee and gets cast in, the now canceled show, The New Normal.

Leakes successfully used the Real Housewives of Atlanta platform to launch her to new levels of success, without question. Now millions of fans can tune in to watch her compete on the popular show Dancing With The Stars. The dancing competition requires votes from the judges and the public. Many are wondering if Leakes possibly hoped her interview Sunday night with Cohen will get all of America to love and vote for her. While many of her supporters are loyal fans no matter what of the reality star, others are beginning to see the evil side to Leakes. With a reported criminal history of fraud and robbery, some wonder if her past is truly who she still is today disguised under Chanel, expensive wigs, and blinding, bleached veneers.

There will always be those who root for the man or woman determined to win by any means necessary. Then there are those who believe reality shows like Real Housewives of Atlanta create egotistical monsters like a NeNe Leakes. In any case, Bravo TV possibly knows their “monster” will continue to up their ratings that translate into dollars at the end of the day. Shine the spotlight on NeNe Leakes, by any means necessary.

Opinion by Meleika Gardner
@IAMMeleika

Source:
TMZ
S2SMagazine

27 Responses to "Real Housewives of Atlanta Creates a Monster in NeNe Leakes?"

1. Cheryl Alley   January 19, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I’m so sick of trash talking, ghetto not fabulous drag queen Nene.When will Bravo get rid of her?? I can’t stand to hear her voice so I forward past her on every episode. I am about ready to quit watching RHoA because I can’t stand her. She’s forgotten where she came from on the first season with that bad wig, missing teeth and a wandering eye!!!! She is not relevant and the way she treats her husband Greg is the worst. He’s her slave. And he knows his place I guess because he allows it to go on. She is a low life piece of dog crap. Take her off the show, PLEASE.

2. South Georgia   June 18, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Bye Bye nonviolent Nene, Stupid Phakdra and Dummer than Dum
    Porsha Williams (Underground Railroad) (Putting hands on another person is a real DUMMY move), LOL. THREE IDIOTS!!!!!

3. laloba solitaria   May 24, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Nene has to go……

4. marie   May 15, 2014 at 4:56 am

Kanya need to go! And bring back Kim please!

5. marie   May 15, 2014 at 4:47 am

I will not watch the show if NeNe or Porsha leave. Nene Big-up Girl!! and Peter for a
    JAMAICAN You MEK MAN LOOK BAD.

• Bee McDowell   May 17, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I don’t think that Kim needs to come back, especially given what she said when she left the show. The show is doing very well without her. I hope that Porsha stays; couldn’t care less if Nene or Kenya leaves.

6. Sam   May 9, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I will not watch the show again until she is gone.

7. connie   April 22, 2014 at 9:32 am

It’s very sad to see how Nene has evolved into a self-centered, back stabbing person. Just look at her confessionals, she slams everyone all the time—-even Cynthia. So, I don’t know why it’s a surprise to anyone that she threw her friend under the bus. I was too through with Nene when her Manager asked her about a part on a series, and she acted as if she was too busy to read the script and that it was beneath her. Woman you had a short-lived series, and you’re a fill-in on Glee. You’re not someone who has hundreds of choices to choose from, but this is her delusion. Andy gave her too much power as if her she can and will make the choice of who stays and who goes. She used to be my favorite, but I have witnessed her turn into a mean spirited person. Gregg is a lap dog and she basically runs him, so she thinks she can run everyone else.

8. Jackie Smith   April 18, 2014 at 10:54 am

Nene needs to go She’s a hood rat with money!! Bravo get rid of her!!

• Kemi   April 21, 2014 at 8:39 am

Yes, she really needs to go because her ego is bigger than the show and she is a bully just like Kenya. Violence is not acceptable and neither is bullying so if Porsha is fired so should Kenya..

• Bee McDowell   May 17, 2014 at 3:18 pm

You are so right, If Porsha is fired so should Kenya be fired. The show did not fire Nene when she reportedly choked Kim and the other housewife for pulling, (sorry cannot think of her name) for pulling Kim’s hair (wig). Yes, with all the protesting against bullying how can they keep Kenya on the show. Kenya has been bullying Porsha since she came on the show and yes, Kenya loves to play the victim.

9. Valerie   April 16, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Go Nene she is right Cynthia does go wherever the wind blows, and although on TV they maybe friends but I heard her say true friends don’t talk about you like a dog behind your back, apparently that has happened between her and Cynthia!

10. maddog   April 16, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Nene thinks its all about her
    I dont like her attitude. She needs to leave the show

11. Zasu   April 16, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Nene should recall what happened when Jill Zarin got backlash on RHONY. Jill did not have her contract renewed and now she is on the outside looking in. This is what should happen to Nene, She has become one ugly woman, and I am not referring to her looks.

12. lily   April 16, 2014 at 4:19 am

Nene think she’s above everyone in this season housewives …I cannot believe money can transform someone into money ..Like Nene….

13. Angela   April 16, 2014 at 3:52 am

On the 1st season of the Real Housewives of Atlanta I felt for Nene the show has definitely turned me against her. I watched the interview and I believe that calling Cynthia out like that was disgusting she definitely had Nene’s back. Nene I guarantee Sundays interview will be ur undoing. Ur not better or higher than anyone else what goes up MUST come down. Disgusted!!!!! Ur new levels of LOW! Get ur life booo!!!

14. Tanya Renee   April 15, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Andy has made Nene delusional, by asking her who should be fired from the show. He has given her a false sense of power. Just a few weeks ago, she was videoed saying Kenya should be fired from the show, until she realized that Kenya manipulated and friend snatched her way right into Nene’s Louboutin’s. Kenya not only stole friends, but she also stole camera time, with her repulsive behavior. Nene now realizes Kenya’s nastiness has upped the “B” ante, and maybe she is not a viable option for a pink slip, so naturally she goes for the weakest link, Cynthia. Unfortunately, Nene has yet to learn that there is a big difference being the villainess, viewers love to hate, and just simply being hated.

15. Olympica Hampton   April 15, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Nene used to my favorite but now badattitude.com. Now she’s coming for Cynthia! Not a good move Nene America loves the under dog so you may not be having too many more fans because you just lost one I my Lauren Hill voice. Nene needs to check herself.

16. Marilyn Welch   April 15, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Nene need to go or bring all housewives back.

17. fhpayne13   April 15, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Someone has gotten too big for her own britches! She has made the biggest mistake in Hollywood. …believing her own hype.

18. charlene johnson   April 15, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I think nene is self center hood rich $#% whose let fame go to her head.

19. lovelyone   April 15, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Sorry, I meant below statements.

20. lovelyone   April 15, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I AGREE WITH ALL THE ABOVE STATEMENTS!!!

21. Bimbo   April 15, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I don’t like Nene Leakes…I think she is beginning to think that she is RHOA…I rather even skip her scene and watch the other ladies…I think calling Peter a B.tch was way out of line and wished CYnthia had called her out right there and then…Nene needs to go!!

22. Nisi   April 15, 2014 at 3:55 pm

Apparently, Nene aka MOOSE does not know what the word “Friendship” really means, somebody needs to school her on that and teach her what that word really means : /

23. Bee McDowell   April 15, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I also think that this I a great article and well written. I too feel that Nene put a knife in Cynthia’s back. I could not believe my ears when she said what she said about Cynthia needing to leave the show. If anyone can leave, Nene can go. The more I watch the show the less I like her. She is phony and needs counseling. She is always saying she is a grown lady; well behave like one. Cynthia can be friends with the other ladies on the show and still be Nene’s friends. If Cynthia remains on the show, she needs to develop a backbone and put Nene in her place. I hope that all the ladies return, if not, as stated Nene can go. The show in my opinion can make it without her.

24. Dee   April 15, 2014 at 11:30 am

Great Article and Spot on! Thank you for a well written, eloquently put description of the REAL Lanethia Leakes! I intend to share this article with many. Bravo should read this. Although the writer sums it up well by stating ratings and dollars is all that Bravo is concerned with.