Rockstar Games Releases GTA V Update 1.12 and Announces the Creator Tool
The newest GTA V update, number 1.12 brings with it the ability to create your own Capture jobs. Yes, the Creator tool can be used on any of the different game types: Raid, GTA, Contend, and Hold. The sharing of games comes with the opportunity to rate jobs that other players have created via the Rockstar Social Club. Thank you, Rockstar Games.
Additionally, the High Life Update will grant players the ability to own two properties with garages. The DLC offers some new luxury apartments as optimal second homes. The Mental State player statistic, meanwhile, will let you see how aggressive your fellow players are. The High Life DLC will also add a slew of new jobs to GTA Online.This title update adds a new Lester ability that can be used to get away with some serious mischief with no consequences. Now players can call Lester and he will inform all of his cop buddies to temporarily turn a blind eye, giving you the chance to get away with whatever naughty business you don’t want to get caught doing. It seems odd that this ability doesn’t cost anything since you are basically bribing a city full of cops.
This update may have focused primarily on GTA Online and the creation of personalized jobs, but it did more than just that. Here are some of the other changes you may notice:
- A new information feed when entering or leaving GTA Online jobs
- Team balancing is now always on for Capture Jobs
- Jobs with RP multipliers will be shown Next Job Voting Screens
- Certain games will yield more money when less than 4 players are present
- Jobs ending in a draw will now go into “Sudden Death”
- A new display that shows locations, health, and weapon pickups displays after dying in Survival, LTS, Deathmatch, or Capture lobbies
Update 1.12 also fixed a large number of issues in the game. Here are some problems that should now be fixed:
- Gusenberg Sweeper disappearing
- Using weapons while in garage
- Mors Mututal Insurance dialogue box
- Becoming stuck at the end of the tutorial mission cut scene
- NPC’s spawning in incorrect apartments (including players)
- Quick join has now been fixed
- No longer possible to steal other players vehicles
- Garage can no longer be blocked by personal cars
There is one fix that most probably weren’t even aware of. The sad part is it sounded amazingly freaky and now it is gone. If the player drank Whisky in their apartment until they passed out a clone would sometimes appear and attack the player; talk about inner demons.
This Grand Theft Auto title update is free to download and loaded with improvements. To see the entire list of changes in update 1.12 look for the Rockstar Games link down below. Remember, the Capture Creator mode will not be live until Friday even though you can already download the title update. In addition, Rockstar Games is giving out double the reputation points and GTA $ earned until Friday April 11. They openly said this was done the prepare gamers for the new player-made jobs coming soon.
With the addition of even more free content are gamers still willing to commit ongoing time to the this game? GTA V and GTA Online are benefiting greatly from update 1.12, but is it enough for the you, the players? If GTA V and GTA Online have kept your attention for this long do you think they will continue to do so?