Anime Fans Demand: Bring Back Highschool of the Dead

Anime

Around the world, no matter what language seems to be spoken, no matter the interests, and no matter if the fancy is for demons, witches, humans, or neko’s (cat demons/people), there exists the world of Anime. It comes all the way from across the big pond in Tokyo, Japan. Anime is the Japanese version of cartoons or animated shows and is mostly popular within the youthful crowd but has also been seen to capture excitement out of the adult party. Wrapped around this genre of entertainment are Conventions, Cosplay, Role-plays, and many a store housing merchandise from the shows. Highschool of the Dead (H.O.T.D.) is one of these nationwide loved Animes. It is thrilling, keeps one on the edge of their seat, keeps one guessing at every turn, and keeps the action at maximum level as said by fans worldwide. There is something in it to suit the tastes of all the anime fans that watch it from the Martial Arts and Zombies to the impact that comes from any show with guns. There seems to be only one issue with this show; it was canceled. Because of this anime fans demand “bring back highschool of the dead” across social media such as Facebook.

Here are a few known facts about Highschool of the Dead. The manga (Japanese version of a comic) was written by Daisuke Sato who is a board game designer, novelist, and manga writer. This Anime Manga grew its fan base even more when it became a T.V. and web series as well as having a movie to go along with it. H.O.T.D. is centered on a small group of highschool students trapped within the midst of a zombie apocalypse. Inquiring to the masses about zombies has met a resounding answer with shows or movies like the ever famous series, The Walking Dead. The anime held about 12 episodes, created in the year 2010. But, after the 12th episode of this highly liked series, judging by the viewing polls, the anime was, to the dismay of the fans, canceled and discontinued. It was such a loved anime that the fans were in more than just your average uproar to bring back highschool of the dead. So, with as popular as this anime actually was, why wasn’t the season continued as just about every other anime series is? Why take away something that was getting a network more than enough hits and views to have said continuation? And, why hasn’t there been enough persuasion to bring back the anime?

The reply to this inquiry seems to be based upon two reasons. One of the reasons that Highschool of the Dead was not continued was because the creators of the anime went to work on another project called Triage X. The characters in this project and H.O.T.D held too many similarities between them. And, with most shows, there doesn’t look to be a good audience base when two shows seem to mimic one another. Another reason, this one probably being the more serious of the two, was that H.O.T.D was becoming too sexual. Now, that may or may not say something when Japan is the birth parent of the more adult version of anime called Hentai. Plus, in addition, there was a younger girl who looked as though she might have been an elementary or middle school student which might have made the sexual nature of this show take a turn for the worst.

So, while H.O.T.D may have seemed to be an enjoyable program to watch, it appeared that it wasn’t going in the right direction. If Daisuke Sato were to bring back this highly popular show, the script would possibly need to be cleaned up, changed around so that the center of the story was about the children’s survival of the zombie apocalypse, and make it so that it didn’t have so much sexual content within it. Of course, if it was brought back by the popular demand of the fans, it would still carry the high set entertainment value, the edge of your seat thrills, and the exciting action that everyone is known to love. Would it still hold the interest of the fans without the heavy-set sexual content? Sex, after all, is one of those subjects that sell in the industry of marketing. However, who’s to say that it wouldn’t still keep the attention of its fan base? Who’s to say that it doesn’t have the chance of becoming the most popularly acclaimed anime of the year? Well perhaps, the only way to find this out is to bring back Highschool of the Dead!

By Isis E. Stevens

Daisuke Sato
H.O.T.D
Triage X
Episodes

65 Responses to "Anime Fans Demand: Bring Back Highschool of the Dead"

1. hazeldeenhoarde   June 5, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Yeah those are dumb this amine is the best !!!!!! Bring it back now!!!!!

2. Kai   March 9, 2016 at 4:04 pm

YOU GUYS ALWAYS TAKE THE GOOD ANIME FROM US!!!! HOW DARE YOU GUYS JUST GIVE US WHAT WE LOVE!!!!

• Ese OGKing   April 13, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I agree with you man this was like the best anima cartoon ever I want it back

3. Kody   March 9, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Or not

4. Kody   March 9, 2016 at 3:54 pm

I beg you guys to bring it back. I watched it at first I loved it and all u guys needed to to is take it easy on the girls on future episodes

5. Kody   March 9, 2016 at 3:51 pm

BRING IT BACK!! I LOVE IT!!!

6. Kazuto   March 7, 2016 at 3:06 pm

BRING BACK HIGHSCHOOL OF TGE DEAD YOU DIDN’T END IT WELL KINDA BUT STILL SOOOOO MANY THINGS WERE UNCLEAR OR NOT EXPLAINED JUST BRING IT BACK THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ANIMES I HAVE SEEN IN A LONGGGG TIME LOVE YOUR WORK SO JUST DO US ALL THE HONER AND BRING IT BACK !!!!

7. Tyler Atkinson   February 4, 2016 at 8:10 am

they need to to bring back high school of the dead it is my favorite anime ever and i have watched more than 1000 anime videos and high school of the dead is the best.

8. Pedro   January 25, 2016 at 10:25 am

Am so mad I really like that anime……pls bring it back I can take thiss ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

9. Pedro   January 25, 2016 at 10:19 am

Bring it back plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10. dbzhotd#1   January 6, 2016 at 9:46 am

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bring it back

11. dbzhotd#1   January 6, 2016 at 9:45 am

im begging you i loved the romance between rei and takashi and how they had a love triangle i know now its 2016 but pls im begging you bring it back i know you dont feel like it but plz bring it back

12. bob   January 3, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Bring it back i have seen over 120 anime and have read 40000 monga books and highschool of the dead is absolutely my favorite anime and monga book set i have ever read and owned it is an anime of witch i truly loved i am not a hard guy to get in to an anime and this is the first one i liked that dident need 100 explosions to keep me watching the zombies and gun fights thought those were cool and this is my favorite animes of all times i am baging you at least bring back the monga please it was such a great anime and so many things were left un solved and i just wanna see my #1 anime or monga set come back the only thing i hate about it is that it looks like one of those where the season was stoped right in the middle i love this anime and hate that such a good show was stopped and it looks like it was just stoped right in the middle please i bage you bring it back

13. DK.perez28.@yahoo.com   November 16, 2015 at 5:01 am

please bring back Highschool of the dead make it season 2 pls…. im begging you

14. Eris   November 6, 2015 at 8:47 pm

Bring it back!! bring it back!! these is the best show I have ever seeing please bring it back you guy won’t know how many people would love a it

15. Andrè   September 24, 2015 at 5:16 am

I started watching this anime a fews weeks ago and I was not interested in it but after the first episode I started watching more and it was flawless. It had the perfect love story and it was a perfect horror. I would absuloutely consider to continue you to season 2-4 but try to get rid of the small girl e.g. She found her parents and stayed with them as for mr. Daisuke Sato you floored this anime perfect job and I hope you will continue for YOUR fans

16. THOR   September 21, 2015 at 7:15 pm

I’m hope they do make a 2 season i would buy two copies just show my support as a fan and as well as all my friends would to. im looking for all the managa to buy and im going to start collecting figures to.

17. tong   June 18, 2015 at 3:04 am

Daisuke Satō i enjoy high school of the dead. i hope you continue high school of the dead and i in high school of the dead fans ok

18. Rich   May 27, 2015 at 7:04 pm

I’m watching the series now, and it’s very disappointing knowing that the anime episodes will cut off with Act 12 while the manga series goes to Act 29. I have the OVA on order, so I can at least get one more episode (even though it’s not part of the original manga storyline).

19. Edrian   May 9, 2015 at 6:10 pm

Yeah have season 2 and make it long so the viewers who were watching would get more attached to the anime and drama would be more effective(that my point of view since no one’s gonna watch long anime unless you are an anime fan) HOTD is one of my favorite anime. Its not that i like the anime because it has some adult content in it. The reason why it is one of my favorite because yes it had me at the edge of my seat there was never a dull momment. And HOTD is definitely a better anime that triage x but i like triage x too. Ha i liked the theme song of HOTD i think it became my favorite song.you see i don’t look for adult contents in an anime its the story,romance,drama,comedy,and of course action. Even tho i have gotten a boner but its only like 1/4 of the total then it went back to normal i’m a boy after all

20. Komuro Takashi   April 21, 2015 at 1:52 am

I know a lot of people who loves highschool of the dead, and i am one of them. i definitely think that there should be another season.. there is so much potential in this anime.. i’ve watched Triage X and i think that it’s not even close to HOTD it’s good but hotd is much better. Mr. Sato Please continue Hotd.

21. SK. Kaushik masud   March 8, 2015 at 5:46 am

I am a big fan of “HOTD” and i would really like to request the makers to make more and more seasons of “HOTD”….. Please its a request by me on behalf of all the fan’s of High School of The Dead….. “Eagerly waiting for new season of “HOTD”

22. HOTD FAN   March 3, 2015 at 1:24 pm

It didn’t have a movie I think the author is mistaken, it did have an Ova though where all the characters went to a beach.

All that aside though, I think they can definitely bring the show back and even though the show was really sexual there was more to it and they really dont have to tone it down that much. A lot of anime get really sexual Space Dandy still comes on on Toonami every Saturday and it’s pretty much dabbling in the same sexualized comedy. If they tone it down just a VERY LITTLE bit then there should be no problem. There are also lots of shows with similar characters, it doesn’t matter.

23. ninj kitty   January 17, 2015 at 6:55 am

what is the name of the movie??????

24. ShadowAce   January 7, 2015 at 11:02 am

Well, it seems these days mostly of what shows i looked forward to seem to slip away out of existance, But noone can force him to continue it, just hope he realizes what hes given up and how well he was doing by the series, zombies is a big thing these days, and frankly even before everyone suddenly liked them, i always spent my time finding good zombie movies, shows and games, I personally loved this show its just too bad it had to end and ill never know what will happen in the world of one of my favorite, still favorite, and always will be my favorite anime in the world, but chances are after being this long… There is no way its being continued, i still have all 12 episodes on my Video Player and still enjoy them to this day, I just hope he realizes how good it was and continues…

25. amoschia   January 4, 2015 at 4:20 am

Ur manga in top 10 don’t gave up and anime

26. Dante Mustdie   December 19, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Oh why oh why.! WTF Are you doing mangaka. Don’t you realize how much opportunity you’d let down.

27. Simon says continue HOTD   November 24, 2014 at 10:13 pm

F ing stupid if they dont continue HOTD y havent they already cuz crap parents dont watch there young kids or block 18+ rated stuff really dumb

28. Nii-Sama   November 9, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Similarities? That didn’t stop cornball shows like digimon from prospering. HOTD was the best. As long as the little girl they saved didn’t get nude or out of line, which she doesn’t in the manga, I really don’t see the problem.

29. Robert Kemmy Agbi   October 3, 2014 at 4:10 am

“quincy collins” has said it all. if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. its just poor management, i really thought HOTD was cool. too bad

30. CSVM   October 1, 2014 at 12:29 am

I’m really a big fan of H.O.T.D and it was so disapointing that they stopped the project. I demand also that please return the H.O.T.D because Many of my friends in the social media including me and all the fans of H.O.T.D here in the Philippines. are still waiting for the show to return… why did they even stop the project H.O.T.D just because of sexual scenes….. I think that the Anime Highschool DXD is more sexual than H.O.T.D and yet why didn’t it stop it even had a season 2… I think There’s nothing wrong with the genre of H.O.T.D If H.O.T.D returns and have a season 2 I think it’ll be a Hit and will become the top anime of the year….

31. quincy collins   September 30, 2014 at 1:04 am

That’s the biggest load of bull i have ever seen ,stop a master peace in its prime to make a show similar to it? Doesn’t even make since why even bother?and changing anything even the sexuality or the artist or anything all real should be qualified as a crime.the expression don’t fix what’s not broken ring any bells if you get so lucky and to make something that skyrockets and catches the attention of as many people as it did why even think about change.there I believe I have gotten some of !y ranting out of the way for now

32. Hanseen   September 26, 2014 at 11:11 am

So Is There Any Chance For HOTD to Return?

• Steven   September 28, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Doubtful. One sit says it’s confirmed another says it a load off bull. I’ve also heard there is going to be a new artist and writer. So ever if they do bring it back it might not be as good. But there are so many rumors going around you don’t know who is right. If any of them.

33. Umeboshi   September 26, 2014 at 11:03 am

Controversy of H.O.T.D.’s content aside, I’m pretty sure the 2011 Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami had something to do with completely halting a second season for this show. The original run of this show was during July 5 – September 20, 2010. Then the devastating, nationwide incident in Japan occurred around March 11, 2011. An OVA for H.O.T.D. (Drifters of the Dead) managed to squeeze by in April 27, 2011, but OVAs were never a confirmation for seasons to follow.

With the aftermath(s) of the tragedy and recovery efforts in effect during this time, as well as viewing polls to respond to H.O.T.D., I feel as though at the time it wasn’t an appropriate motive to continue on with an intense, thrilling and tragic Anime.

Don’t get me wrong, though, as I want another season of H.O.T.D. to come out as much as anyone. I’ve been a longtime fan of the series. It just seems that the response to the series because of environmental and societal concerns at the time, as well as the hype to demand more H.O.T.D. content, slowly diminished to its hiatus because of these reasons.

• flo   September 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm

Well, if you search for reasons, you’ll find some.

34. Anime lover   September 24, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Highschool of the dead being cancelled because it was too sexy? That sounds like an out right lie. Fans of the show are young adults and as well as the young adults in the show. The sexuality of the show was only there because some of the people who worked on this show were in the hentai business but thats besides the point. I highly doubt the creators thought to themselves “This is getting out of hand” and decided to not go forward with the project. The anime didnt have content to go forward on and not much happens in the manga after the school. Thats the main reason it did not continue.

35. John Livesey (@yeseviLivesey)   September 18, 2014 at 2:23 am

I watched all 12 episodes + drifters of the dead in a single day. I liked the show so much that I was dismayed to find that it was indefinitely on hiatus. You got it wrong about Triage X though, Daisuke isn’t credited for anything in that. Shouji Sato (who did the art for HotD) started that up on their own. To my knowledge Daisuke isn’t doing anything at the moment.

I think something to keep in mind with the whole “they are just children” idea is that they really are not, except for Alice. Saeko is 18, Rei and Takashi are 17, Saya and Kohta are 16 and then there are the two outliers in the 27-year-old nurse and the 7-year-old girl. These “kids” are really young adults.

I don’t see any issue with anything within the show and found it so brilliant I had to read my first ever manga to find out what happened next. It is truly shameful to let something as amazing as HotD go unfinished.

36. John   September 15, 2014 at 3:20 am

I just recently found out about Highschool of the Dead, and managed to finish it with in a relatively short period. Now don’t get me wrong, I loved this anime with all my heart and if it weren’t for how short it was it would probably be my new most favorite anime. So please bring back this wonderfully amazing anime so I can continue to call it the best Hentai I’ve ever seen.

37. Taiken   September 13, 2014 at 2:35 am

Of all the characters Hirano was the best. I don´t need the sexy setting, but I can´t get enough of Hirano´s way to handle these. An honest, upright, clumsy, but at times cool guy, who rocks the world. BRING IT BACK!!!!

38. Matthew   September 12, 2014 at 7:56 pm

They have to bring it back I loved it I would do anything to bring it back Thats how bad I want it to keep going!!

39. Elinora   September 9, 2014 at 12:20 pm

please the show was good and all but it would be better without the sexual content like come on no need to gain fans by sex…

40. cookiebeatz   September 3, 2014 at 1:31 pm

The day that I heard that this was canceled, I nearly cried. I love high school of the dead and all of its thrills and it’s strong interesting story, I’m sure if they bring it back and just clean up the script a bit and finish it it would please so many fans. And if they do hire new artists and just give them a concept of how it should look and feel then it would feel the same

41. Brandon   September 2, 2014 at 8:24 pm

If you ask me, if that’s how you people feel the it’s not that hard to make a few adjustments. Because on a real note, you left the audience on a serious cliff hanger. Can add least make a season two and leave it at that.

42. aHugeAnimeFan   September 1, 2014 at 1:22 am

Make another season or imma freak out like for real I’d enjoyed this show

43. Ivan Florez   August 9, 2014 at 10:31 am

Use google traslate if you want to understand… H.O.T.D es mi serie favorita, como muchas series, se ha ganado el reconocimiento de muchos fans en todo el mundo y nosotros aclamamos su regreso ya que en esta serie puede haber mucha ganancia no solo para los fans, también para los comerciantes y esta serie tiene mucho que dar! por favor, personalmente de todo corazón continúen con la serie… Realmente queremos H.O.T.D de vuelta!

44. Joshua Sanders   August 6, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Well here is the issue why the show can’t come back the artists that worked on this show are now working on Attack On Titan so yeah thats it really. I mean if they where to hire different artists it may not be the same style as it was before.

45. rene   August 3, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Why doesn’t he just have the little girl get bitten and turned into a zombie and keep going as the story is going

46. ArkhamNite   August 3, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Honstely this is one of the best animes I’ve seen its dissapointing to here that it may or may not continue and even though it includes sexual content there is nothing sexual brought towards the younger girl character with that said it would be strange to rid of all of the sexual antics implied has well as the obvious ones it makes the show that much more interesting with that aside the action alone is well written with the characters many talented abilities in combat and their own unique personatlies and the great dialogue it would be a shame to see the show disappear from the audience so I hope this show will be brought back so that many fans can enjoy alot more from this anime.

47. Blade   August 3, 2014 at 12:11 pm

I really love H.O.T.D and I wish they would continue it and I think everyone agrees with me I think that’s saying a lot from me cuz I have a zombie phobia I’m terrified of zombies to the core the first episode of H.O.T.D took me a while to watch cuz I kept pausing it cuz I kept getting scared and I watched it at night but then I got addicted to it and it help get rid of my fear of zombies tho I still am a title afraid but if you continue the anime I think I will get over my fear

48. Blight   August 2, 2014 at 11:22 pm

This is one of the stupidest reasons for not continuing the series I have ever heard.

49. Candid   July 30, 2014 at 10:52 pm

This show must come back, I want it to be continued!

50. markus   July 26, 2014 at 11:20 pm

gief s2

51. John McAllister   July 24, 2014 at 6:23 pm

To be entirely honest, I did think that it was a little bit much with the panty shot happening every couple of minutes. That being said, however, it was a wonderful story to actually watch because the subject matter was so relevant and engaging. I truthfully hope that they do continue because it was an amazing show.

52. Justin   July 22, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I’ve done so many research on this, that I even pinned tabs talking about this season 2. Some are old but still means something. I even email Madhouse asking if this will be released, still no response so far, so I’m just going to have to keep going into this.

53. dakota   July 14, 2014 at 10:29 pm

the fact is that high school of the dead is good but its the only zombie anime out there next to sankarea which was also great i beleive that they had no reason to cancel it was perfect in every way to fans of all genres of anime the music also made it better and would love to have listened to more coming from the series.

54. zoombieboobies   July 6, 2014 at 2:28 am

High school dxd was way more provocative than HOTD and I’d welcome the idea of making less sexual like a lady from dmc sexy deadly and still covering most of herself despite her clothing and they have alot to work with they have to search for all their family memembers alive or dead then extraction defending a base from all the zombies like a left for dead 1 jet refuel part

55. greg greggerson   July 4, 2014 at 8:31 pm

The sexualization in the manga reched its peak in the bath scene.(which was shown in episode 6) after that the sexualization is toned down a notch, and considering the content of other anime i doubt sexualization is the issue.

56. JON   July 2, 2014 at 3:28 am

triage x feels like gunslinger girl with an ecchi twist, the art is good but the secret vigilante group story line gets boring over time as this genre has been used with a lot of anime and manga for a long time now.

57. Mark guerin   June 25, 2014 at 7:34 am

Please bring back highschool of the dead it would be a real crime to just leave as it is, at least make a quick ending to it that way we can be happy that it had an ending

58. Florian   June 5, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Please bring the anime back no matter what! 😉 i’ll buy it twice

59. Sr.   May 29, 2014 at 8:40 pm

from what i remember it was banned in japan along some other animes due to government officials trying to make it where japanese children were not to be shown these types of shows, since they’re time slots were during the time where children would most likely be watching

60. Alex Becerra   May 29, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I rather it be delayed and continue to progress as it is. Its the sexual content that brought its fanbase together, why change it, there’s no need.

61. Rei   May 29, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Some corrections:
    There is no HOTD movie.
    The anime and manga was not cancelled, but rather went on hiatus.
    The reason it stopped is because the writer, Daisuke Sato was hospitalized with heart trouble. He also felt the story was inappropriate after the earthquake in 2011.
    Regarding the ‘fan service’ in the anime. The illustrator is also a hentai artist. The writer discusses the sexiness in an interview done in 2013. There are no plans to tame down the ecchi nature of the manga.

62. Jr   May 5, 2014 at 1:37 am

Please bring it back!! I love this anime. The sexual content could be limited but nonetheless it’s HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. Hirano, Takashi, and Saeko are my favorites Takagi arrogance is annoying yet hilarious, Rei and her jealousy of Saeko is hysterical.