Kim Kardashian Gives North West Present: Angers Fans

Kardashian North West

Fans have taken to Twitter to vent their anger over Kim Kardashian’s birthday present to baby North. North West recently turned one, and was photographed on June 15 showing off her new birthday present. Fans are not happy, and again, Kardashian and West’s parenting skills are coming under attack.

Kim Kardashian was photographed holding baby North, who was wearing a simple white dress. North looked cute as always, but it was the new sparkle in her ears that enraged and surprised fans. North was sporting two diamond earrings, and they were not small in size.

For North’s birthday, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West decided to get North’s ears pierced, which upset many people. Some fans were angry that a child as small as North was put through such a painful ordeal. People thought the couple should have waited until North could speak up for herself.

Some fans claimed that piercing the ears of children is only done for the pure vanity of the parents, and it should be banned as unnecessary and cruel. Others called it tacky. An actual body piercer also chimed into the conversation, adding that they would only pierce a child’s ear if the child could understand what is happening, and ask for it themselves.

Still, other people were angry that North had received such a valuable gift, saying they couldn’t believe a one year old had beaten them to having real diamond earrings. Some tweets were just depressing; saying that North’s earring probably cost more than their own lives.

This is not the first time people have criticized Kardashian’s parenting skills. In the past, Kardashian was criticized for traveling all over the world, with and without North, and some people claimed the reality star was not a good mom for leaving her baby so much.

Another celebrity couple that chose to piece their child’s ears is Hilaria and Alec Baldwin. The couple pierced 10-month-old Carmen’s ears with tiny studs, not diamonds. When people criticized their choice, a blogger stuck up for their decision. The blogger stated that it was part of Spanish culture to pierce a daughter’s ears when they were babies. Since Hilaria was from Mallorca, that was probably the reason, not vanity.

Wendy Swanson, M.D., says couples that want to piece their children’s ears should wait at least six months. Swanson explains that anytime you puncture the skin, there is a risk of infection because of a baby developing immune system. Swanson describes the process of piecing as painful, and says that even numbing cream will not take all of the pain away. Swanson also states that if a parent wants their child to make the choice, they should wait until the child is around 10 years old.

North got her ears pierced for her birthday, and although some of Kim Kardashian’s fans are angry at her decision, other fans stuck up for the reality star. A few fans said that there are more things to worry about that the fact that North now has earrings, and others said that many cultures pierce children’s ears, and it is not that big of a deal.

Opinion By Sara Petersen

Daily Mail
Parents

46 Responses to "Kim Kardashian Gives North West Present: Angers Fans"

1. xilovecudix   March 17, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Parents pierce their baby’s ears all the time, but suddenly it’s a big deal when a celebrity does it.

2. Paty   September 15, 2014 at 12:28 pm

En México a todas las niñas les ponemos aretes al dia siguiente del nacimiento. La misma enfermera del hospital se los pone.

3. Liz   September 11, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Where I come from our ears are pierced about 2weeks after we are born..It’s there lives.Let them be. PS; The girl is getting prettier by the day.

4. Old school   August 23, 2014 at 3:41 pm

What the heck is everyone so upset about!!!!!! Is this child being sexually abused, badley beaten, locked away in a room not being fed, just totaly neglected???? Back in the day women always pierced the baby ears and no one was hurt. Why is it when kim does something everyone has a problem…… My god stop the bashing. If you don’t like it don’t listen to anything regarding them and don’t watch them. People need to just admit that they are just jealous of these people.

5. vee   July 24, 2014 at 11:32 pm
  6. Sabine Titus   July 22, 2014 at 7:26 am

cute baby Kim

7. Marco Borg   July 20, 2014 at 8:58 am

I think the aim was correct. To correct the impression that the baby is a boy and anything but cute,

8. John Smith   July 19, 2014 at 10:54 am

What an ugly baby

9. Amy   July 15, 2014 at 10:16 am

I dont like Kim tbh but, its her baby, pierced ears arent a big deal people need to get over it and find something else to talk about

10. Mary Ann   July 10, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Seriously? My ears were pierced when I was a few weeks old, its part of some cultures. In fact in my family it would be odd not to pierce a baby girls ears. As for the diamonds, why not? I had small gold studs as a baby but I’m sure if my parents were millionaires i would have diamonds too! At the end of the day they are wealthy and like all parents want the best for their child.

11. Lola   July 9, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Her kid….her business.

12. Jan   June 27, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Get a LIFE people! Dang!

13. Me   June 22, 2014 at 12:04 am

Nobody cares. I got my ears pierced when I was a few weeks old and even if I didn’t want it, then it would eventually close up. Sad that people need to get angry over these things

14. MJ   June 21, 2014 at 6:38 pm

People need to mind their own business and stop trying to tell people how to raise their kids. There are worse things happening to kids than getting their ears pierced. I don’t see nobody writing and complaining about children being turned into sex slaves or the children that are starving in America. Write about that!!!!

15. rachel   June 21, 2014 at 1:31 pm

my ears were pierced when I was 3, I cried for about 30 seconds until the piercer gave me a lollipop and that was it. ….it’s not a big deal

16. Kelley   June 20, 2014 at 11:43 pm

They Need to Get off Kim’s Dick!!!! My Ears were Pierced at 2 Days Old . . The Media Is TOO THIRSTY!!!! SMH

17. Leigh   June 20, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Wonders….. how many homeless would be able to recieve food with the worth of those diamonds??

18. Nicole Smith   June 20, 2014 at 10:07 am

people u need to get a life ………….. in many culture and country pierce the child ears wen them are baby’s………..

19. maipe6917   June 19, 2014 at 5:37 am

I had my ears pierced at six months, but I didn’t pierce my daughter’s until she asked for them when she was 4. I held off but plenty of people criticized me for not piercing her ears when she was a baby. It’s cultural for a lot of people and in all honesty not worth all the controversy.

20. crystal   June 18, 2014 at 11:44 pm

omw ppl leave them alone, they are not the first parents to pierce their child’s ears at such a young age and quite frankly i don’t think there is anything wrong with it. North is their baby not yours so just keep your noses out of their business my gosh man.

21. Linda   June 18, 2014 at 10:47 pm

I agree with Mary. Get a life so what they pierced North ears and brought her diamond earrings, they can spoil her till she’s rotten it’s their child and their money. You wish you had it so you could do the same I know I would.

22. mary   June 18, 2014 at 6:48 pm

All these people complaining about baby north getting her ears pierced need to get a life. I had my four girls pierced when they were six months old. The oldest is now 33 years old and the youngest is almost 8 years old they have all thanked me for having their years pierced when they were babies. Stop calling Kim a bad mother just because she wants some time to herself all mothers could use some time for themselves every now and then. Some of you stop being hypocrites.

23. Kay   June 18, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Are these people serious? My mother got my ears pierced when I turned one.

24. joyce taylor   June 18, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Ppl need to stop petty gripes. I know countless ppl including myself who have pierced their babies ears. Ppl need a reason to expose their own misery. Sad!!!!

25. Anastasia Covi   June 18, 2014 at 4:47 pm

What the hell? There are a lot of babies even smaller them north that get their ears pierced.

26. katevans   June 18, 2014 at 4:15 pm

There is nothing wrong with Kim K giving baby North her earrings. STOP THE MADNESS

27. lisandra   June 18, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Hispanic here! Got my ears pierced when I was a baby and had the pediatrician pierce my baby @ 2wks. She didn’t cry! Used a cream to protect from infection , moved the earrings now and then. Earrings were made of surgical steel or gold to reduce infection risk. That’s it , she is 18 yrs going to college and it is not traumatized! jeeez!

28. Jack   June 18, 2014 at 3:12 pm

People are such hypocrites. It is OK to circumcise a baby at birth to 7 days for religious reasons, without concern for “infection” and immune systems, but not pierce ears? Regarding the cost, it is all relative to what you can afford, and they can certainly afford it. Don’t impose your frugal lifestyle hang-ups on me if I can afford mine. Keep your nose out of my business and I’ll do the same for you.

29. Shawn   June 18, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Babies in th the African American culture get their eyes pierced as soon as two months north is mixed it’s a culture thing.if you don’t want to pierce your child ears don’t. Live and let live

30. salma   June 18, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Wow, how do you say ridiculous?! People need to live their lives and let people live theirs.

31. Brenda   June 18, 2014 at 11:37 am

I got my ears pierced since the day I was born in the hospital by a nurse, I was born in Mexico and that is part of our culture. I have 2 little girls and I pierced their ears the day after they got their first shots. Not a big deal

32. Lisa Power   June 18, 2014 at 11:35 am

North looks adorable and I fully support their choice.
    My parents had mine and my sisters ears done at the same age but that was when we lived in a far less ‘pc’ world than we do now.
    As for those complaining about the value, get over yourselves, stop complaining and get off your butt and chase your dreams the way both Kim and Kanye did!!

33. Jeannie   June 18, 2014 at 10:09 am

Celebrities are criticized for everything they do. Kim Kardashian is criticized for everything she does. A lot of people get their babies ears pierced. North wasn’t harmed.

34. susanrich2014   June 18, 2014 at 9:29 am

I had my daughter’s ears pierced at 6 months, she didn’t even cry. GET A LIFE!!!!!!!

35. Saman   June 18, 2014 at 9:15 am

In our culture (Sinhalese) we pierce our ears at 2 months and wear ear rings from then…not a big deal.its up to parents . …kimey not friking fans

36. claudia diaz   June 18, 2014 at 7:21 am

A lot of people, sorry misspelled!

37. claudia diaz   June 18, 2014 at 7:20 am

There’s many people that have their newborns getting their ears pierce. No biggie. I think alit of people are “overprotective”.

38. Ebony Nicole Watley   June 18, 2014 at 6:56 am

Omg her earrings a gorgeous and a prefect size I have 3 girls and when they got their 2 months shots we was off to get their ears done no big deal

39. Teeto   June 18, 2014 at 6:43 am

……..pierce their EARS…….,I meant, before some of you take up arms :):)

40. Teeto   June 18, 2014 at 6:40 am

People get all hot and bothered over nothing. In Nigeria (where I’m from), and many countries in Africa, baby girls’ ears are pierced often before you leave the hospital after birth (I.e. at 2-3 days old), and certainly most are pierced in the first 2 weeks of life. It’s done in a couple minutes with an ear gun thingy, the baby only feels a quick prick ( my older daughter did not even cry as a 3-day old, my younger daughter (also at 3 days) turned down her mouth to cry but then it was over, so she just smiled again!). It’s better to pierce their eyes when they’re so young and don’t recognise pain.

• Teeto   June 18, 2014 at 6:47 am

………pierce their EARS…….., I meant, before some of you take up arms :):)

41. Tanya   June 18, 2014 at 5:33 am

baby North West looks beautiful in her new earrings

42. Tanya   June 18, 2014 at 5:32 am

Baby North West looks beautiful in her new ear rings

43. sarah mccoy   June 18, 2014 at 3:53 am

For god sake get a life if she did not put in earrings you haters would of found something else get lost The child is beautiful with her CUTE EARRINGS
    AS IF YOU REALLY CARED ABOUT NORTHS PAIN HORRIBLE B……. how many poor and rich people pierce there childs ears? it is the norm.THANK GOD KIM AND CO HAVE STRONG STOMACHS TO COPE WITH YOU HATERS, GOD HELP US ALL
    SHUT UP

44. Ninasky Antonioli   June 18, 2014 at 2:00 am

Kim waited 12 month’s to pierce her daughter’s ears, and I had my daughter’s ears pierced at 2 month’s.

45. Courtney   June 17, 2014 at 6:10 pm

People need to mind their own f’n business! What someone sees fit for their child is up to them and so long as child in question is happy and healthy what concern is it to anyone regardless if it IS parents being vain…I have never seen it necessary to comment on stories regarding Kardashian drama, but this bothers me a great deal to see obvious haters negatively berate any parent for such a NORMAL EVERYDAY OCCURRENCE! WTF it’s it such a hiring horrible act to pierce your child’s eats+ it ISN’T!!!!!!!! So stop hating and find something worth while to object to people!