Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo Refutes Fraud Claims

Long Island Medium

As a storm of controversy rages around her, Long Island Medium Teresa Caputo has begun to refute the claims of fraud recently made about her. On a post to her Facebook page, Caputo made clear that she wouldn’t let the negativity affect her.

Yesterday, the Guardian Liberty Voice reported on an investigation being done into Caputo’s claims of being a psychic. The report focused on Caputo’s skills as a cold reader, as well as her habit of investigating people in her audience prior to her live shows. The private investigator involved in the case, Ron Tebo also claims that producers on Caputo’s show, called Long Island Medium, pre-interview the people she encounters on the street.

After the report came out yesterday, Caputo posted a picture of a flower with an inspirational quote on her Facebook page. The quote reads, “Negative people need drama like it was oxygen. Stay positive… and take their breath away.” Her caption for the photo is similar to this, saying that she doesn’t let negative people and things affect her, and neither should her audience. Caputo’s Facebook page also has a remembrance of D-Day, and those who sacrificed themselves for America. She did not comment on whether those sacrifices have spoken to her.

While Caputo hopes that these quotes will refute the claims against her, the fact is that evidence against her abilities continues to pile up. Tebo’s YouTube page has videos of Caputo on shows like Anderson Cooper. The Cooper video is telling, because Caputo continually gets things wrong. In the video, Caputo continually asks a man for confirmation about whether or not what she is saying about his wife is true. Caputo says the man is wearing his wife’s wedding ring, when it is in fact his mother’s. She then asks about his wife’s leg problems, of which she had none. Caputo continues to flail around the room, finally blaming the audience for not admitting to fitting the information she was giving. After the show, Anderson Cooper posted his own video, saying that he was not convinced by the Long Island Medium, and would like to see more proof.

Anderson is not the only person looking for more proof. In Tebo’s report, he documents the reaction that a grief stricken woman had after one of Theresa Caputo’s live shows. The woman was horrified at Caputo’s practices, sticking only to the first few rows, and being unable to move past the first few rows. Or it could be that she is unwilling. The website, “Long Island Medium Fake” details how Caputo will blame her inability to move around the auditoriums she performs in because she wore the wrong shoes, which are clunky heels. The website claims that in fact, she wears those shoes at every appearance, as a way to keep from moving beyond those she has already pre-screened.

By attempting to refute the fraud claims against her, Theresa Caputo is moving against the mountain of evidence piling up against her. Her show has had six seasons and other claims of fraud have been leveled against her in the past.

By Bryan Levy

Sources
Guardian Liberty Voice
Radar Online
Long Island Medium Fake
SciFake

37 Responses to "Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo Refutes Fraud Claims"

1. Stephen Coughlin   March 6, 2016 at 7:08 pm

I don’t think Teresa is a fraud, but I think she has gotten greedy and egotistical. I just got up from watching the beginning of a two-hour “Hollywood” special. She lost me with that theatrical, reality TV attitude.

2. dione   April 28, 2015 at 11:55 am

Never watching that WOMAN again…Shame on You

3. Ken Kaplan   January 8, 2015 at 8:14 pm

I have not seen Caputo live. Since I am a Medium I can attest there are those with real ability. I get impressions that are like telepathic thought forms that get specific. I’m not even in the upper echelon and I run at about 85-90% accurate. I do most readings on the phone and I only allow yes or no answers so its impossible to cold read. I have read where all i get is a picture in a closed envelope. No comments what so ever. I got two pages of notes, 90% accurate. I think Caputo probably is very good one on one. She is too specific. My sense is her fame has caused her to over reach. I felt even from the beginning she was not good with large crowds where I was with Van Praagh and he does tremendous large gallery readings and I know he’s not fake because I spent a week with him at Omega. Fame and ambition can burn you. In the metaphysical community, very few respect Sylvia Browne. A long time ago she might have had some ability but she sold out completely. There ARE really good people, like any profession. How many really great car mechanics do you know and how many bums who will cheat you or be incompetent? Psychic work is no different. You have it or you don’t.

4. Joni Trout   December 7, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Sylvia Browne, Lisa from England, John whats his name and now Theresa. Shame, shame, shame. Making money, lots of it, by playing on people’s grief. 🙁

5. Larry   September 8, 2014 at 4:40 pm

She certainly casts a big net when she goes fishing. Shameful hoax.

6. mary williams   September 5, 2014 at 10:52 am

Only those that haveOnly those that have had detailed readings-with things presented that could never be obtained or posted on social media can say for sure-personally I think she’s the real deal.

7. Mary Drew   August 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I am a Psychic Medium. I am a believer in supernatural abilities. I am also a healthy skeptic. A true psychic medium should give a detailed, specific reading to any client/audience member without any prior knowledge and conduct themselves in a professional manner. In my line of work cold readings are a Big No No. I do not know any other psychic mediums personally, however, I do believe in any profession there are honest people and not so honest people. How will you know when you get a good reading? Details! Details! Details!
    Wish you all the best in your discoveries. Nothing wrong with being open minded or a skeptic. However, spreading hate and rumors are mean and useless. As someone in this line of work…allowing people to investigate your validity is understandable.

8. Theresa Slack   August 19, 2014 at 9:08 pm

i am seeing her live in October I love her so let me see for myself if I think she is a fake, She has been doing this for a long time so will see. But I don’t think she is a FAKE at all just my opinion

9. joanne   August 7, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I thought sylvia browne was a fraud…never was drawn to watch the Long Mefium. Liar..there is a fantastic one in mississauga…tara night. I have seen her. Blew my mind as she knew dates, names or initials, and there was nothing flamboyant or phony about her. Everything she said was precise and I would see her again. J

10. Maureen Kearns   July 22, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Listen, I lost my 19 yr old granddaughter four years ago and I would love nothing more than to find a reputable medium to contact her, but I can’t find one! My daughter and I went to see Theresa Caputo in Grand Rapids, Michigan last year and I can tell you she is a FAKE! She only “read” people in the first two rows and never moved throughout the audience or spoke to anyone else in the whole auditorium. She never provided any evidentiary information to anybody and only spoke in general terms such as “your husband is at peace” or “she wants you to move on”. Please…..is this a joke???? Anybody could come up with that!! She does do cold readings and is mostly grasping at straws. I sent an email to her telling her how disappointed I was in her show and how cruel and immoral she was for taking people’s money. She should be ashamed of herself and for calling herself a Catholic! She is the worse kind of hypocrite!!!

11. dch60   July 20, 2014 at 6:00 pm

I saw something on-line about a year ago, I forget what show it was or even if it was a show, but they did brain scans on her while talking normally, being interviewed and then when she was doing a reading. During her down time, the brain scans showed quite a bit of activity, however, when she was doing a reading, the brain scan shows almost no activity. If she was “cold reading” her brain would be more active than normal because let’s face it, that does take brain power. Nope, almost none. She’s not the first medium who had this done with the same results. If people want to keep their minds closed up tight and refuse to realize that there’s more to our world than what we see, I’ll listen to their theories on these brain scans.

12. JOYOUS BURKART   July 9, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I don’t think she is hurting people…all the people I see that she gives a reading to………ARE HAPPY…after…..what is wrong with that……I enjoy her program and would love a reading……the one thing about TV……you don’t like it……..hush up and change the channel…….lol JOYOUS

13. billhweld   July 7, 2014 at 1:22 pm

We have updated http://www.LongIslandMediumFake.com to reflect that we feel some people are going too far in attacking her.

14. jenny   July 3, 2014 at 5:06 am

I am so disappointed 🙁

15. vicentepayannoriega   June 23, 2014 at 10:53 am

I bought her book and LOVED it! If you believe in her or not, her message of staying positive and surrounding yourself with positive energy is very important! I keep it in mind when I think of the things I read, watch and the people I spend time with. I am a much happier person for it.

16. Delilah   June 23, 2014 at 9:37 am

I bought her book in the desperate hope that this woman had a true gift of seeing dead people and talking with them. I never finished it after realizing what a complete fraud she is and how gullible I had been. So I decided to turn back to Jesus and it hasn’t been in vain. I’m very happy. Thank you God. I know this comment sounds kinda ridiculous but I’ve been going through a tough time. The funny thing is when ever I accept God back into my life I’m never disappointed, and life actually starts to get better and make sense again. And I know I’m not the only one. If you seek God and TRUTH you’ll find what you’ve been searching for all along.

17. [email protected]   June 13, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Marie,
    Theresa claims that spirits taunt her. So, um, wouldn’t you think that if a “spirit” is coming through she just could tell? She said it happens at random.

18. [email protected]   June 13, 2014 at 6:45 pm

Tamar,
    John Edwards is not on TV at a anymore but when he was, I remember there were numerous investigations.

19. deb miller   June 12, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I think she’s a fake also and hurting people. Everything she says could apply to all of us.

20. Joyce   June 11, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I saw her walk up 3flights of stairs at the Tropicana in NJ. She was all over the audience. If you don’t like her, don’t watch.

• brenda clower (@brendamcgregor1)   June 12, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I do not believe that theresa a fake, I believe that people don’t understand it or their beliefs in the paranormal is they’ve never experience anything of that nature so it can’t be real, is what it’s all about.

21. Tamara Hessler   June 11, 2014 at 7:17 am

are they also going after John Edwards? Or the other men claiming to be mediums???

22. Pamela   June 10, 2014 at 10:33 pm

I have never seen her live, but it is so easy to see she is a complete fake!!! I think it is horrible that she is hurting people by giving false hope and charging money. If she was real then she would be answering Chris Angels questions!!! She is nothing but a fake with no moral code!! I would love her to give me a reading. and I guarantee she won’t get a thing right!!!

23. Carmen A   June 10, 2014 at 10:40 am

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Theresa twice in So California both times I was in the balcony. At the first one she walked up the stairs in those heels to do a couple of readings. So much for that theory. I believe she’s the real thing.

24. rhea   June 10, 2014 at 7:32 am

Saw her in Bloomington stuck to the first couple rows. Flashy shoes. I wasnt impressed, however she said some very kind words to sone lost people.

25. robin parker   June 8, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Why does anybody have to prove anything? Believe or dont and stop your sniveling, are we just upset cauz you didnt her attention? My 6 year old behaves better than that…..jeez!!

26. Susie Adams   June 8, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Saw here on Friday and thought she was amazing, but I have this niggly feeling it was staged, in parts!
    She stayed at the front for the most part and one of the last kinds finalie readings, I heard another person say he had heard her do before, at another location, about a young man and his Gf that had died in a carbon monoxide car incident!

• dkoury3911   June 9, 2014 at 8:19 am

‘Niggly’? Really, Susie? Think you check your spelling before hitting send? Sounds a bit raysist to me.

27. Noreen   June 8, 2014 at 8:36 am

I saw her Sacramento show last night and there is no doubt that she is the real deal. A few times, (very few in comparison to all of the times she is dead on to things she could not know), she may be off the mark, but that does not mean that she is not authentic, it just means that she is getting a lot of messages, and she has to interpret right on the spot. I know you are the real deal, Theresa.

28. ShaL   June 8, 2014 at 1:49 am

I saw Theresa in Sacramento and she was wonderful! Very friendly and came through with so many messages. She is the real deal. And I loved how Larry observes the show from the sidelines, being the supportive hubby! Thank you Theresa for coming to Northern California!!

29. Harriet anderson   June 8, 2014 at 1:14 am

Saw her in Sacramento. She moved all over the Sleep Arena…..bottom floor to nose bleed area. Amazing and enlightening
    Thanks
    Stay in a positive flow

30. Peter   June 7, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Just saw her live show, she was all over the room even up to the upper levels. Very random and that would have been a ton of information to have been prescreened.

31. Marie   June 7, 2014 at 9:15 pm

If Theresa is a fraud it makes us legit psychic mediums like myself jobs even harder. I hope not in fact I pray shes for real because my debut book is being released this fall. It’s not an easy gift to have because you constantly battle skeptics and people who want to use you for free readings. My biggest hurdle is a majority of people don’t know how to conduct themselves during a reading. Many are slow to validate the information until after the reading.

32. harrisongreenbaum   June 7, 2014 at 1:28 pm

She’s still a huge fraud. Here’s me demonstrating the main technique she uses (cold reading) to unsuspecting people in Times Square – you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to fool people:

33. Debby Burkhart   June 7, 2014 at 8:25 am

My sister was at the Pittsburgh PA show and Theresa was reading a few rows ahead of my sisters seat… IN THE BALCONY!

34. Patricia Hopkins   June 7, 2014 at 5:39 am

That man is jealous of your gift.

35. Patricia Hopkins Bloomington mn   June 7, 2014 at 5:36 am