Kate Gosselin Returns to TLC in the Most Controversial Way [Video]

Kate Gosselin

In the two-hour TLC special, Kate Gosselin returns and sparks controversy yet again. The special was shot to get the public and the families fans up to date on how the children are doing. The twins Maddy and Cara are now 13, and the six younger children are getting ready for their tenth birthday. In true Kate Plus 8 form, the producers once again get them all on the couch to talk candidly about each other and how the last two years were out of the spotlight. The kids are as adorable as ever, and the twins being teens are what most families across America experience, there is definitely no filter here. There is however, a viewership that is only tuned in to see what Kate Gosselin will do or say, so that they can rip her apart. The very first thing is that she believes as a Mom, that letting children win sends them the wrong message. She states that if she tells them to do their best, and to work hard to achieve the things they want to achieve, then not doing the same herself sends a conflicting message. (See video below) Seems like sound advice, and comprehensive thought behind these statements, and she backs it up by doing just that. Winning a game of  ‘gaga ball’ against all eight kids who all seem to be fine and having a great time, except for 13-year-old Maddy who is angry that she did not win. Hmmm, a 13-year-old that is mad at her Mom for real or perceived slights, now that is horrifying, said no Mom of a teenager ever.

So why is the public so hard on this single Mother of eight children? It is hard to say, and harder yet to understand the anger that is brought on by Gosselin who stated that she bought the teenagers cell phones and iPads so she could take them away. She explains this statement by saying in order to punish a child you have to take away something that is important to them. Many parents have done this, so maybe the portion of the public that objects to this, is mad because she actually said it out loud, that terrible thing that most parents of teenagers have done by buying things that will be used as bargaining chips in the future.

In true Kate Gosselin style, this Mom seems to always say what is on her mind, and many will agree and many will not. It is the old train wreck theory, those that hate, just cannot look away or they may miss something that they can use against her. The two-hour special chronicles the journey of the family planning and pulling off an epic birthday for the sextuplets, with candid interviews with all of the children and Kate also. All in all, the kids seem to be well-adjusted, happy and speak very well for themselves and some of the highlights of the show are listening to what the kids think of each other. It also had a lot of clips of them through the years, and a lot of the challenges of growing up on camera, and being in the spotlight during the oh so public divorce are discussed. So if Kate Gosselin coming back to TLC full-time with her family sparks controversy, and the video below offends, then maybe it is time for the critic’s to find something else to watch and let the fans enjoy Kate Plus 8 again.

Opinions by Kristi Cereska

Internation Business Times

26 Responses to "Kate Gosselin Returns to TLC in the Most Controversial Way [Video]"

1. Gramma   August 13, 2014 at 11:52 am

Sanitary food prep WAS priority with Kate, until some bird was allowed to fluff around cake prep??? What a fake setup for TV!

2. dessertgitl   July 9, 2014 at 10:53 pm

To WATCH KATE PROFIT OFF HER 8 LITTLE ATM MACHINES IS NOT PLEASURE!

3. Lisa Horak   July 9, 2014 at 10:25 pm

I see a mom making a living and being a good mom here, Octomom not so much. She is making an honest living and for having 8 kids and 2 teen girls, she seems to be doing a great job. Unless you have 8 kids and are a single mom, your opinion does not have much merit. I watched one of the new episodes and I saw 8 well adjusted normal kids. She is fortunate to be able to make a living and be able to be a stay at home mom. I see nothing wrong, she is at least making an honest living. If she was a nurse she would have to hire care, so what is so wrong being able to be a single mom and stay home and make a living…Haters will always hate

• rubyovertherainbow*   July 10, 2014 at 1:39 pm

She doesn’t have a job. She works sporadically and that is never good for a family. Her kids did not appear all that well adjusted at all. They seemed scripted. Poor Colin got called out for being “honest” with his sibling. Mady was out of control and the kids were all disappointed they didn’t get to choose what they wanted for a birthday party. Kate’s way or the highway. If she was a nurse she would NOT have to hire care. How many single moms buy their 10 year old kids an adult utility vehicle costing thousands of dollars for a “gift?” Sheep will always lie and support this woman no matter how many laws she breaks or lies she tells.

4. Anne   July 9, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I don’t a believe person’s childhood should be put on display for the entertainment of others. I also find it amusing that Kate Gosselin feels she is entitled to a television show because she has a lot of kids. Sorry Kate this is not the industry you want a career in if you want job security. Kate says she has decided to raise her children on television. Professional actors usual say they will continue acting on a particular show until the public stops watching. I can’t believe this is what we have come to as entertainment, I.e. watching other peoples children go to countless zoos, amusement parks, get shoes, haircuts, school supplies.and vacations. To those like the writer of this sad article that says I should not watch. I don’t but I have to pay the cable fees for the program whether I watch or not! It is ALL garbage and maybe if we all stopped watching garbage the networks would be forced to give us something better for our money.

5. Barbara Nunnery   July 9, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Kate does nothing but put her children in front of the cameras to humiliate and make money off of them. Careful Kate, what goes around comes around and one or more of those kids will be picking out your nursing home someday.

6. Christene   July 9, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I LOVE Kate and the kids! I am 72 and enjoy watching the show. I cant wait for it to come back. It’s a wholesome show, the kids are so adorable and intelligent! Kate has done a wonderful job raising 8 children…eight! So she has acrylic nails…I see a lot of women with kids, mistreating their children with acrylic nails, hair extensions, all self-absorbed. Two teenagers and 6 10year olds. Good thing she isn’t as selfish as John is and how people make her out to be. Then those kids would be doing without and not have it good as they do. BRING ‘EM BACK!

7. Debbie Homesley   July 9, 2014 at 9:36 am

I see there are the same couple of people on here that don’t know the truth about this woman and come to her defense without knowing anything…Action, yes Jon “cheated” on Kate, but bet you didn’t know it was with her CONSENT, did you? The marriage was already over and Kate wanted to keep up the facade of the “happy family”, so Jon was put out to the garage and told he could do whatever and see whoever he wanted so long as he SHOWED UP FOR TAPING…It was during this time she was already having an affair with bodyguard Steve….You really need to read Robert Hoffman’s book that is Kates OWN words and perhaps you will have a more accurate picture of this “good” mom…

• Jennifer   July 9, 2014 at 10:35 am

Why would anyone read a book that someone has admitted to stealing the information for. How can you trust what’s written in it. If everyone hates her so much why do you spend your time writing about her. Sounds like JEALOUSY

• Michael   July 9, 2014 at 11:05 am

Like that book has any truth in it! I bet you turn to The National Enquirer or Fox News for your information.

• rubyovertherainbow*   July 9, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I think you are very afraid that it has a lot of truth. Kate has not denied the journal he got his hands on is not hers.

• Michael   July 9, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Sounds like you are obsessed with Kate. Jealousy maybe?

• rubyovertherainbow*   August 13, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Jealous of a woman who is unemployed with 8 kids, can’t even get a date, and begs for a living ? Now I know that you are afraid that this is all the truth. Looks like it’s time for you to live vicariously through someone else.

8. Nine and Fine….   July 9, 2014 at 6:09 am

I am a mom of nine, I stay home. Great for Kate that she can do this and get paid big bucks. I get paid big bucks too its just in the form of hugs and kisses. I can also tell you that on a nurses salary you can provide for your kids or a brood of kids. Although she would probably need her BSN and to do some retraining if she was to do this. I am a little resentful that her and I both “choose” to have this many children yet for Kate it seems to be a business, her way to provide for herself. I don’t have plastic surgery, I don’t have acrylic nails, or all the other “glam that goes with being Kate Plus 8”. Mu kids like to watch her show but would prefer “Yours, mine and ours” I wish her well and hopes she can find happiness one day.

9. AMAMA   July 8, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I think Kate is a very good mother. Personally I think the twins talk to her very disrespectfully and anyone with a teen can feel her pain. People that hate her are either jealous or have no kids that age. I would love it if my mom woke me up most days to fresh baked bread. I can’t see Jon doing that for his kids everyday. Mabye he would have more time if he wasn’t masturbating on tv during his ” couples counselling”. So disgusting! Talk about humiliation that is the ultimate. How do you think the kids liked hearing about that. I don’t really get why people hate her she’s just a mother who loves her kids.

• rubyovertherainbow*   July 8, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Mady talks to Kate the same way Kate talks to Mady. She is a mini me of her mother. Mady thinks it should be all about her just like Kate thinks it should be all about Kate. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

If you actually listened to Kate on that special you would hear her say she doesn’t bake bread or hot breakfast every day for the kids. That’s what she wants you to believe.

Had Kate treated Jon like a husband than she might still be married and not a wallflower that can’t get a date. Jon loves his children and shows them love. Kate can cook and do laundry but she’s emotionally bankrupt when it comes to loving those kids.

Jon would be thrilled to know that you help the ratings for his show.

• AMAMA   July 9, 2014 at 11:00 am

Mady has always talked like that. If Kate wants us to think she makes breakfast everyday why would she say she doesn’t? I would never watch any show Jon is on especially after he would do something so disgusting on tv for his kids to hear about! That’s the beauty of the internet I can just read about it. If he’s such a good dad why don’t the older girls want to go visit him? If he was any kind of man he could have grew a pair and put his foot down about their open marriage also.

• rubyovertherainbow*   July 9, 2014 at 5:54 pm

We don’t know that the kids don’t visit him “regularly.” We know they have after school activities and lots of homework and they wouldn’t be the first teens to put their own needs and friends before their Dad. They didn’t say they never saw him …… just not as much. What “open marriage” are you even talking about?

Like I said …Mady is a mini me of her mother, She talks nasty to others and is self centered just like her mama. Kate taught her well

So you are admitting that you didn’t actually listen to what Kate said on her special or are you so taken by this woman that you can’t see the forrest for the trees. She SAID she does NOT make a hot breakfast for them everyday. Earlier in the show she said she did. LOL.

10. rubyovertherainbow*   July 8, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Lets be clear on the fact that Kate and her kids did not pull off an epic birthday party for the septuplets. TLC did it all and paid for it all. If you want to see how much actual effort Kate puts into a party for her kids just look back at the years that TLC wasn’t around to foot the bill.
    As far the kids being well adjusted based on what they had to say about each is the biggest joke of all. Did anyone hear Kate rip Colin a new one for being honest about what he felt about his siblings hair? That clip of the kids speaking about one another was totally edited or Kate read them the riot act before the camera came on.

I think Kate should find a way to earn herself a living that doesn’t include her kids being humiliated on National TV.

11. action238   July 8, 2014 at 11:02 am

I can not believe the hate toward this women…some of you that wrote here sound really dumb it’s actually blowing my mind. I am not a fan either way of the show…stumbled across the special and played it…I did watch a few episodes toward the end of their career …I think she is a good Mom….and the Jean McCullough… who said no single mom has all that…your weird! your jeoulousy makes you sound foolish…as far as Jon goes…he cheated on her…no excuse he is a man with no integrity or morals. Unfortunate their family is not better off without him…people like all you who hate…may it all fall back on you…karma is a hard thing…

12. Nicholas Fredro   July 7, 2014 at 5:47 pm

I feel that any reality t.v. show is contrived…..when the camera is filming you are acting and in no way being natural. Maybe that’s what is wrong with the world today.

• rubyovertherainbow*   July 8, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I thought Kate looked very unnatural and like she was trying too hard. Kate is trying to change her image but I have to tell her that it’s not working.

13. Jean McCullough   July 7, 2014 at 4:22 pm

I think she is an insult to single mothers ! Most single moms don’t have a big house with a pool and enough money to throw a carnival party with all of the expensive things she supplied !!! She is a very rude spoiled lady and she likes the show to be about her . Poor Jon didn’t have a chance with her nagging him

14. Irene   July 7, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Nothing wrong with Kate having a media career. But even the father of their children does not want the kids filmed again. Let them have their childhood. They earned tlc millions

15. janie   July 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I would never watch her show, didn’t watch the special. This woman is evil and I can’t believe you could garner an audience. TLC is starting to be bad reality TV. I only watch The Little Couple, the rest are ridiculous.

16. Donna   July 7, 2014 at 11:18 am

I don’t think it has anything to do with her parenting, the whole concept is that it has always been about Kate, from day one, she knows she could never pull off a show of. Her own for money, so she uses the kids. I’m sorry, but those kids do not look well adjusted to me, they are doing exactly what Mommy tells them to do. I have raised teenagers and I didn’t have to buy them anything or spank them to make them listen. Or buy them anything just so I could take it away, maybe if she changed her self serving attitude and stopped thinking the world owed her a living, people wouldn’t be so hard on her. As for Mady like Mother like daughter.