Tamar Braxton Physically Abused by Husband Vince Herbert?

Tamar Braxton Physically Abused by Husband Vince Herbert?

In the midst of the Ray Rice controversy rumors have surfaced that Tamar and Vince get physical during arguments. It is no secret the two of them have their share of disputes as we have seen on their reality show Tamar & Vince. For many of their fans it is the constant arguing that keeps them watching to see what mechanism Tamar will employ next to get under her husband’s skin.

The rumors which have floated around claim the tongue lashings are frequently followed with physical fights. During a recent interview with the Love and War singer on Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Tamar answered the questions head on. Co-host Angela Yee spoke candidly about the rumors which have said that Tamar and her husband/manager get down and physical and asked her directly to address them.

Tamar is perplexed and does not understand how people keep coming up with these types of allegations about her being in an abusive marriage. She asked, “Where do they come from?” The Hot Sugar singer said she is not that chick and does not have time for that. In her sarcastic manner, Tamar said she is booked and the two of them are not “…getting ready to just guff every day.”

Of course they argue, said the singer. She added, “There is a lot to argue about, they work together and he is her husband.” Tamar said he is also her baby’s daddy so they have things to argue about but at the end of the day Vince is her best friend and has never laid a hand on her. She said she would not be where she is if it was not for Vince.

The Breakfast Club co-host then asked Tamar how she felt about the Ray Rice controversy. Yee wanted to know if the singer would return to Vince if he was abusive to her. Tamar said she could not see going back. She added:

I have been in a really abusive relationship before, and I am not that girl who you are just going to hit on.

Tamar has never been very comfortable sharing details surrounding her past domestic violence situation but she does not hesitate to make it very clear that she has been there and is glad to be free. The singer said if it were not for God she would not be here. The woman who has emerged is not the same girl from before.

The singer said she used to be shy with very low self-esteem. She credits her self-esteem issues to the abuse she suffered. She is not ashamed to say, “How the world sees Tamar today, very confident and highly opinionated, is only a few years in the making.” The way she expresses herself and speaks up about her feeling was non-existent in her past relationships. Tamar has now gotten over the hangovers which resulted from being abused and feeling powerless in her relationships.

When speaking of her current husband, Vincent Herbert, the Braxton Family Values star said there is no truth to the domestic abuse or divorce rumors. Vince has helped her deal with what she went through and caused her to emerge better than ever. He has never abused her and is the reason she is as strong as she is today. Tamar said there is no doubt she loves and appreciates Vince more every day.

By: Cherese Jackson (Virginia)

Madamenoire
Centric TV

12 Responses to "Tamar Braxton Physically Abused by Husband Vince Herbert?"

1. Gerri Ford (@Snoooty)   October 11, 2015 at 7:02 pm

Don’t believe a word of it. Vince can’t catch Tamar, (Isn’t Logan the cutest baby. Logan & Riley Curry, cute kids).

2. keekee   November 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I think Vincent put he down a lot in his own way like the dog thing .He loves his baby but dang I don’t feel he loves her but we only see what TV allows be blessed wish yall well.

3. Audra Roland   November 22, 2014 at 11:19 am

Its funny how she says in this article that she wouldn’t be where she was if it wasn’t for Vince, but when her sister said on the show that she wouldn’t be where she was if it wasn’t for Toni, she became very defensive and said “I wouldn’t be where I was if it wasn’t for Jesus” typical woman can’t give her own sister the credit but will hype a man up in a second…… Yes Jesus is always in the plan but trust and believe Toni paved the way, she needs to humble herself, it’s one thing to be confident but another to be cocky and arrogant, UGH!

4. Marti   November 8, 2014 at 12:29 am

I think everyone should mine their on business and leave them alone. There are no perfect relationships! In any relationship their is goin to b disagreements. If their is anyone that has a perfect relationship thats what u need to b writing about!!!!! “She got that” leave them alone! Thats Marti Fulton comment dang

5. Adrienne   October 23, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I think Vince needs to be with someone else but Logan is cute though

6. paulette   October 21, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I have to wonder why all of a sudden after all this time Toni and the mother decided to move to California. The father and Vincent had some tention (my opinion) when they went to play golf. I also remember a line in the show just before Tamar got pregnant, and the new house that had just been purchased was put back on the market to sell. I remember Vincent saying something to the effect of Tamar being “his” or something and Daddy Braxton brought it to Vincent attention that Tamar has been his and will Always be his(Daddy Braxton’s).Something about the look that crossed between them just seemed as though Daddy B. was reminding Vincent that Tamar was his child and Not Vincent’s. I Don’t want to believe that he hits her but I have a feeling that he has hit her and the hateful nasty way he talked to her on their show made her immediate family wake up. I think it shook them and showed them the real deal within that marriage. All of a sudden after the vince & Tamar show mom and Toni moved to LA. I think that’s to keep an eye on things(any type of abuse) let’s Vincent know they are watching. It’s also a Security blanket for Tamar. Her family is up close and personal now. I also think the baby was a give me a child or divorce. The baby gives Tamar 18 years of financial comfort along with whatever she makes from her career and Vincent will have to provide shelter for his child as well. The truth is playing out Slowly !!!!

7. The Truth Teller   October 14, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Why is America so gullible the entire Braxton clan is as fake as my million dollar stash. Lets take the first few red flags: Although only Tracy and Trina are mentioned several of the girls have had young pregnancies, dad cheated as rumor has it so has the mom, Tamar still has obvious self-esteem issues as they all do that comes from family matters not just ex-boyfriends, Towanda finally had her explosive moment (bravo), Trina has identity issues, all of them are gold-diggers, and if you haven’t notice a few of them have resentment towards their mom. They don’t like the DMV area because this part of the east coast calls them out on their bullsh*t. I just hope Vince has an iron clad prenup and before anyone say Tamar has her own money, research the music industry first. Tamar has a long way to go before she can afford what she has become accustom to that is provided by Vince. A lot of people are paid before she gets a dime.

• paulette   October 21, 2014 at 4:41 pm

By the way if Tamar has such great self-esteem she would Not feel the need to change her facial features/complexion and she wouldn’t feel the need to wear blond weaves/.wigs constantly. All while reminding viewers that Vincent loves blondes. Sometimes when a person has been abused badly in a relationship previously, they Don’t realize the not so obvious abuse. They accept it to be comfortable financially and because they Don’t see it for what it truly is ,or are in denial. The first abuse may have been extremely obvious and with no financial rewards behind it. This time its Not as abusive or as obvious but with a solid financial reward. The person may reason that they can deal with this one on the level it is. Some people do actually believe that they have to put up with some things to be comfortable. Tamar didnt bond with her baby at first . Maybe because she felt forced to have a baby. I think she has come to love her baby a lot now,they have bonded well. I think Vincent is controlling too, and Tamar is unsure on her business decisions without him. Her self esteem is still Low. Vincent wants to keep up with what comes our of Tamar’s montg to her family. Notice the sister’s call him Velcro. They made comments about him always being right there ,always around when they just want to be with Tamar. They even asked “What’s up with that’? They also made a comment saying “Now they know why he is like Velcro. Just always around”. Make me go Hmmm?

8. teresa bellamy   October 1, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Tamar is beautiful and her husband Vince is awesome so you too stay happy and raise your Handsome baby boy!!

9. lee   September 21, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I don’t think he’s doing toni right down the road.and her
    Mother there as well I think she would see something not
    Rite with her daughter .I hope. If so she has a show I seen know
    Abuse on her

10. Love   September 15, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Whaaaat? In my Tamar voice!

11. GP   September 11, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Vince Herbert need a older lady like me I would treat him right…