Edinburgh Royal Mile Suspected Shooting

Edinburgh

According to reports via Twitter from locals on the ground, there may have been a shooting in Edinburgh at the Royal Mile. Early reports indicate a heavy police presence, including at least one helicopter circling the area. Very little additional information has surfaced yet, as people on the ground are scrambling to figure out what is happening. Local police have made no announcements as yet, but the rumors coming from the crowd at the scene are that there was a shooting and police may be in pursuit of the person or persons responsible for that shooting.

By Jim Malone

Source:
Twitter
I
mage courtesy of user:kilnburn

8 Responses to "Edinburgh Royal Mile Suspected Shooting"

1. Hal La Thangue   October 26, 2014 at 3:40 am

The chopper was so loud outside that I could not hear what the storyline of Destiny was last night. This caused me to spend 3 hours on a level as I did not know what was going on…

2. David November   October 25, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I don’t really know what’s going on and I can’t really make my mind up whether to believe what they’re saying is actually happening.

3. Marais Bourbon-Leftley   October 25, 2014 at 4:15 pm

I hope they can rectify this garlic situation as mentioned below. The people of Edinburgh need their garlic on a night like this! It all getting very saucy on the royal mile by the sound of things!

• Daniel Maggs   October 26, 2014 at 3:36 am

I agree with you sir. This situation caused my chippy to lose money tonight.

• Jack Nipples   October 26, 2014 at 3:48 am

This is clearly the government trying to intervene with local chippy sales. I believe there is not enough done for the small chippys anymore.

4. Juan Matias   October 25, 2014 at 3:10 pm

I went to get a chippy and the guys in the shop told me that they don’t have garlic sauce as the Police are all over this.

5. Matt   October 25, 2014 at 2:46 pm

I live off the Royal mile. A person did in fact shoot someone, and has escaped onto the rooftops around the Cockburn Street Area. People have been advised to stay indoors as they haven’t caught them yet, hence the helicopters and police searching the area.

6. Jon Smith   October 25, 2014 at 2:34 pm