Witches of East End Will Not Get a Third Season

Witches of East End

Witches of East End will not get a third season. Lifetime confirmed that it was cancelling the supernatural program, after it failed to win over viewers in the end. It will be disappointing for those who followed it right up to the end.

The second season ended with a major cliffhanger. Dash had switched bodies with Killian after being arrested for murder, while Wendy had given up her last life to save Tommy. She was left in the Underworld and came up against a sister that viewers had only just found out about on the show.

According to the Twitter feeds of the Witches of East End cast and crew, the cancellation was a shock. They were genuinely hopeful for a renewal, and explained that a third season was needed to wrap up the storylines. Richard Hatem, executive producer for the show, took to Twitter to explain that he did not quite understand the reason for the decision.

Maggie Friedman was also shocked. She had previously said that Lifetime had to renew the show. The second season ended on a big cliffhanger, and the third season was a necessity to finish it all off. The final six episodes of season two were considered the best episodes, considering how it changed the whole story-telling. New mythologies were introduced, and viewers were surprised by the change to the plot on a weekly basis.

There will not be a third season of Witches of East End, so Friedman teased what would have happened. This was the season to find out more about “The Gatherer.” Fans will remember that Ingrid saw her and her family with various titles in a book. There was a fifth woman who had been unidentified up until this point, and it seems like it was a third Beauchamp sister.

The show was loosely based on the novels by Melissa de la Cruz. It took the characters, but told a very different story. It was similar to the way that The Vampire Diaries took the basic characters and dramatically changed them.

Witches of East End actors took to Twitter to express their thanks to the crew for making it happen. They also thanked the viewers who stood by them throughout the two-year run. It is just a shame for them that they cannot tell the final part to the story. Many will always wonder whether Freya would tell the difference between Killian and Dash, and just who the father of Ingrid’s baby is. They will also want to know who killed Frederick in the season finale.

The writing was on the cards for a while for the show. The season two premiere brought in just 1.1 million viewers, losing 42 percent of its viewership from the pilot.

The Lottery has also followed Witches of East End with a cancellation. The only scripted show returning to Lifetime will be Devious Minds, which is a comedy. However, it is picking up new scripted shows UnREAL, The Clan of the Cave Bear, and Damien, a sequel to The Omen.

Hopefully, the writers will share the plans they had for the show. It is disappointing that Witches of East End will not return for a third season when there were so many interesting stories to tell.

By Alexandria Ingham

Deadline

International Business Times

TVLine

12 Responses to "Witches of East End Will Not Get a Third Season"

1. Michelle   July 27, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Seriously, lifetime you had a goldmine on your hands, you guys will have seriously low ratings this year give this show one more season you have nothing to lose.

2. shelley   July 18, 2015 at 5:51 pm

so if Lifetime won’t pick this show up then go to Netflix and see if they will or CW or someone else and tell LifeTime to go to “””

3. gphi2011   November 9, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Well, I’m not going to say that I won’t be watching Lifetime anymore, they still have Devious Maids, but that’s the only show that they have that I’ll be watching so far. I would like to see how The Witches Of East End will end too though. PEACE!!!

4. mary clark   November 8, 2014 at 4:17 am

Please reconsider

5. lisa   November 7, 2014 at 7:27 am

I will not watch Ever Watch Lifetime again. Witches of East End was great and you ruined it. I hope Lifetime gets eliminated soon!!!! I really hope another network would pick them up!!!

6. linda law   November 7, 2014 at 6:07 am

I too, will NO lomger watch LIFETIME! They cancel a show in tne middle of a great storyline with no closure?? They are just cruel. LISTEN UP If you want good stories and movies go watch HALLMARK station. Cedar Cove is great to watch. I dont think they would leave you high and dry. If witches followers all changed over. Life Time would loose 1.1 million viewers. They dont think they need us.i

7. susan   November 7, 2014 at 5:40 am

No more lifetime for me.

8. Natalie   November 7, 2014 at 4:55 am

I will also not be watching anything Ion lifetime I mean what’s the point there just going to cancel it as soon as I like something on that note… so long life time go screw yourself I’m going to ask anybody I know to Boycott Lifetime and basically what your saying is the 1.1 million who were fans really didn’t matter to lifetime whatever I’m done with Lifetime

9. Linda   November 7, 2014 at 2:18 am

The reason they didn’t get viewers in the end was they changed witches from a beautiful wears and cool witchy love story to a smutty one with dash and the FBI agent it became a lite trashy ! I really love the plots and the story line and really want that back but cAn do without the trash y FBI as a whore!! Lifetime should learn for womenSleay
    The blue guy was just freaky that was ok
    The sleazy sex sex don’t sell but supernatural and romance with some part of that sex does ,

10. Bella Bartelt   November 6, 2014 at 11:16 pm

i know that I will never watch another program on Lifetime and neither will SEVERAL people I know; this is terribly disappointing. BOYCOTTING

11. Shelby Staudenmaier   November 6, 2014 at 9:16 pm

We have our voices and lifetime and their sponsors will feel the backlash of these choices. I hope a smart and better suited channel picks it up and gives it the press and backing it deserves, and leaves the train wreck reality shows with the network who is for women but not listening to the ones who watch…I’ve never been a neilsen person but TV is my life! Sad but true….

12. Mai Nowlin   November 6, 2014 at 10:34 am

Damn, really was getting into it…shame….