Josh Duggar Molestation: Removes Website, TLC Not Canceling Reality Show?


Josh Duggar’s official website has been closed down after his admission to having molested five minors amid his teenage years. The disgraced reality star, who has put his family to shame after his confession, is apparently attempting to separate himself from the embarrassment any way possible, beginning with the site he and Anna Duggar possessed. Duggar’s decision to remove his website following his molestation scandal comes hours after reports claimed TLC is sticking with the family and its popular reality show.

In the wake of having closed down his official site, his planned appearance at a homeschool in Sandusky, Ohio was unexpectedly canceled by its organizers earlier this week. Moreover, his guardians Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar were said to have been mindful of their child’s past, yet never felt the need to educate anyone about it — not even their children. The two acted entirely negligent of the thought that their secret could conceivably come out.

As per solid reports, TLC is holding out on what is on the horizon for one of its highest-rated shows. 19 Kids and Counting, which finished its latest series run earlier this week, has become one of the network’s biggest shows, seemingly putting execs in an awkward position to suddenly close its doors on the family. Advertisers have already begun pulling out from sponsoring the show if it was to continue. Nevertheless, according to TMZ, TLC is still interested in keeping the program moving forward without the 27-year-old, seeing that he was not a regular member of the show.

TLC is sure they can remove themselves from the outrage, particularly since they are no longer dedicated to working with the 27-year-old, individually. Duggar’s molestation scandal has seemingly been overlooked by TLC who still want to work with the family. Making headway, producers would look more into centering their consideration on Jill Duggar and Jessa Duggar, whose weddings were an enormous ratings draw for the network. TLC is happy in supporting the family by keeping the show going while seemingly pretending as if the molestation scandal never happened. Having been “deeply saddened” by the disturbing story, TLC did not give the program an immediate cancellation, despite having axed Here Comes Honey Boo Boo following a similar incident.

Mama June, who the network claimed had put her youngsters at risk when she rejoined with her alleged sex offender Mark McDaniel, is wanting to sue TLC. Her reasonings are that she was unfairly treated by TLC, who have shown to give the Duggars a much easier time, without canceling their show. June trusts that if the Duggars can beat a child molestation scandal, she, alongside her family, ought to be permitted to make a victorious return, too. Despite whether June wins the lawsuit she is sure to file, fans who consistently watch TLC, agree that 19 Kids and Counting, ought to likewise confront the ax.

“Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret,” the 27-year-old said on Thursday, following his announcement he had quit his job at the Family Research Council. “I hurt others, including my family and close friends.” It is still unclear what he anticipates in doing after his acquiescence. Several news outlets suggest that he may return home to be with his family for good backing, yet when TLC chooses to continue shooting scenes for the popular reality show, he cannot be included.

While some have been outraged by the idea of TLC keeping the show on their lineup, others believe that producers are right to stick with the Duggar family, insisting that the scandal happened over a decade ago. Regardless of how people feel about the network considering to keep the show for at least one more series, the molestation scandal has taken a whirlwind hit that has seen the family lose more than they have gained. Duggar’s site removal will not stop the molestation scandal from disappearing while fans can be rest assured TLC will not include him on the reality show.

By Maurice Cassidy


People: Josh and Anna Duggar Shut Down Website Amid Molestation Reports

The Washington Post: A timeline of the molestation allegations against Josh Duggar

TMZ: ’19 Kids and Counting’ Josh Duggar on the Chopping Block

Photo Courtesy of Tengrain’s Flickr page — Creative Commons license

2 Responses to "Josh Duggar Molestation: Removes Website, TLC Not Canceling Reality Show?"

  1. Sandy   May 25, 2015 at 8:29 am

    I say ” Let he, who is without sin…cast the first stone! What Josh Duggar did was without a doubt wrong. This was 15 years ago…he asked for forgiveness & got it…from his family & from God. So….why can’t WE forgive him? Hope I won’t be standing before those unforgiving nay sayers on judgment day or I’ll be doomed to an eternity in hell!!!!

  2. james   May 25, 2015 at 12:08 am

    he is not reading what the article states?Is he illeterate,or what?


Your Thoughts?