Recently, HGTV’s 2015 Spring/Summer schedule was announced. There is a handful of new series coming to the network, and viewers of the channel can look forward to a diverse selection when it comes to their TV watching choices over the next few months. There is also a few shows being brought back by the network, news which will make fans of these series very happy.
Log Cabin Living (premiered April 4)
– This HGTV series centers around families who leave city life behind to begin a new chapter in the woods, giving up many luxuries as a result.
Mark & Derek’s Excellent Flip (premiered April 28)
– Derek Hough and Mark Ballas, best known for their involvement in the hit ABC reality show Dancing With the Stars, are faced with the challenging of flipping an out-dated California home in only four weeks in order to make it suitable to live in.
Sale of Two Cities (premiered May 4)
– A HGTV show examining the difference in what the same pricing budget can buy in terms of a house, when the houses are situated in two extremely different cities.
Living Big Sky (premiered May 30)
– Couples decide if they want to move to Montana in order to start a new life with a brand new home, and exciting new opportunities.
Brother vs. Brother (premiered June 3)
– Two brothers, Jonathan and Drew Scott, face off in a challenge centering around being the first to flip a Las Vegas residency for the highest amount of money.
Flip or Flop Follow-Up (premiering June, date TBD)
– A look into the current status of the homes which went unsold at the end of HGTV’s Flip or Flop. A behind-the-scenes look at what exactly happened during the renovations in questions, and what followed after everything was finished and attempts were made to sell the house by Tarek and Christina El Moussa. Flip or Flop was very popular on the network, so fans will be happy to hear there is an updated version coming to HGTV’s Spring/Summer 2015 lineup.
America’s Most Desperate Kitchens (premieres July 1)
– Anthony Carrino and John Colaneri travel the country after selecting a variety of participants whose kitchens are in desperate need of a makeover. The selection process is done through said participants sending in comical videos detailing just how much of a mess they are in when it comes to their kitchens.
Beach Flip (premieres July 5)
– Another renovation competition; in this series, four teams are attempting to each be the first to renovate a slew of beach bungalows. The team who ends up boosting their property value the most receives $50,000 in the end.
Island Life (airs Sundays at 4am PST)
– Following the lives of various families as they seek the ultimate paradise of owning an island property; throughout their experience, they are shown that this does not have to mean breaking the bank and that island life can actually be quite possible if the right options are looked at.
Island Hunters (airs Sundays at 10PM)
– Families get a choice between three exotic and beautiful islands to restart their life on; this series follows them as they go through the pros and cons of each, as well as work out property value vs. quality of life on each island.
This marks the entirety of HGTV’s Spring/Summer schedule for 2015. When viewers are not outside getting their own livelihood on, they can sit back, relax and enjoy these old favorites and newcomers alike.
Press Release from scrippsnetwork
Photo Courtesy of glennia’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Photo Courtesy of Official BlackBerry Images Flickr Page – Creative Commons License