About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 025th District of two recent robberies to small businesses in the 025th District. In these cases, three male black teens enter the business, display a black handgun and demand money from the cash register. In one case, the offenders also took property from patrons in the store.
Incident times and locations are listed below:
• 6100 Block of W Grand Ave, on the 27th of September 2015 at 1:30 pm.
• 6300 Block of W Grand Ave, on the 4th of October 2015 at 12:20 pm.
About the Offenders:
• Male Black, 15-17 years old, 5’06 150 lbs, black hair, black hooded sweatshirt
• Male Black 15-17 years old, 5’06, 150lbs, black hair, gray hooded sweatshirt
• Male Black 15-17 years old, 5’06, 150lbs, black hair, black hooded sweatshirt with red strings
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (i.e., scars, limp, acne, teeth)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible