Bernie Sanders appears to have Communist red flags in his history. When he was at the University of Chicago in 1964, he joined the Young People’s Socialist League. Sanders also organized the United Packinghouse Workers Union while they were under investigation by the House Committee on Un-American Activities. Some believed it was a communist front.
Sanders graduated with a degree in political science and moved to Vermont. According to the New York Post (NY Post), he headed up the American People’s History Society, which the newspaper claims was an outlet for Marxist propaganda. He wrote and produced a documentary on Eugene Debs, a socialist revolutionary who was imprisoned for espionage during the Red Scare. The Bolsheviks also hailed Debs as, “America’s greatest Marxist.”
However, in 1963, a House of Representatives document entitled, Communist Goals for Taking Over America, was put together. These goals were written on Thursday, Jan. 10, 1963, by Hon. Albert Sydney Herlong, Jr., the Speaker of the House, Patricia Nordman of De Land, Florida, who opposed communism and had published the De Land Courier, which was used to alert the public of the dangers of communism. However, at her request and with a unanimous vote, the “Current Communist Goals” were written or rather repeated from The Naked Communist by Cleon Skousen.
Naked Communist List
- Co-existence was the only way to avoid atomic war.
- It is better to give in than to engage in nuclear war.
- Create the false belief that if the U.S. reduced its weaponry, this would demonstrate moral strength.
- There would be free trade between all nations whether or not they were Communist and even if the items may be used for war.
- Long-term loans would be extended to Russia and Soviet satellites (countries).
- Give aid to all nations whether or not they were Communist.
- Recognize Red China and admit them to the United Nations.
- Divide East and West Germany, regardless, of Khrushchev’s 1955 promise to have the U.N. supervise free elections for all of Germany.
- While negotiations are in progress, nuclear testing would be suspended.
- Give Soviet satellites each representation in the U.N.
- Support the stance the U.N. is the only hope for the world. If the charter is rewritten, demand a one-world government with independent military forces. There are people who believe the U.N. could take over the world, as easily as Moscow.
- Do not prohibit the Communist Party.
- There would no longer be oaths of loyalty.
- Continue Russia’s access to the U.S. Patent Office.
- Take over one or more U.S. political parties.
- Manipulate the court’s judgments to convince the American people their civil rights are being violated.
- Gain jurisdiction over the school systems. Use the school systems to control what teachers are teaching their students, including socialism and communism.
- Take over school newspapers.
- Manipulate student riots to encourage protesting organizations under Communist attack.
- Permeate the media to control book reviews, editorials, and decisions concerning creating policies.
- Control television, radio, and movies.
- Discredit the culture of America by demeaning artistic expression. A cell on American Communists was told to, “eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward, and meaningless forms.”
- Restrict art critics and museum directors to show repulsive art that has no meaning.
- Refer to laws which govern obscenities as censorship, a violation of free press, and free speech.
- Destroy moral standards with pornography and vulgar language in advertising, movies, books, radio, magazines, and television.
- Encourage the acceptance of deviant lifestyles.
- Push social religion, discredit the Bible, and convince people they need to essentially grow up and not use religion as a crutch or a substitute for intelligence and maturity.
- Take prayer and the religious voice out of the school systems because it goes against “separation of church and state.”
- Refer to the Constitution as insufficient, archaic, unable to meet the modern needs of the people, and it would be a barrier between nations.
- Refer to the Founding Fathers as privileged people who were only thinking of themselves.
- American history was only a small part of the “big picture” and emphasize Russian history after Communism came into play.
- Encourage socialist movements to give concentrated control over social agencies, culture, welfare programs, education, mental health clinics, etc.
- Remove any laws in place that hinders the operation of the Communist structure.
- Remove the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
- Defame and dismantle the FBI.
- Penetrate unions to take control.
- Infiltrate and control big business.
- Move some abilities to make an arrest to social agencies. Treat any behavioral problems as a psychiatric disorder that only psychiatrists can treat and understand.
- Gain the power of the psychiatric profession to enable the government to use laws concerning mental health to violently control anyone who is opposed to Communist goals.
- No longer regard family as an institution, instead, advocate divorce and promiscuity.
- Gain influence over the younger generation by placing the blame for the children’s behavior on their parents.
- Lead people to believe insurgency and violence are valid in the American tradition. Special interest groups and students should mutiny in order to solve the county’s political, social, and economic problems.
- Overturn colonial governments before the natives create a self-government.
- Make the Panama Canal available internationally.
- Revoke the Connally reservation, preventing the United States from interfering with the World Court from forcibly taking jurisdiction over individuals and nations.
The NY Post claims that Debs was a hero to Sanders, based only on the fact he made a documentary about the Democratic traitor. Debs had stated that the Russian comrades made more sacrifices, went through more suffering and bloodshed than any number of people on earth. He believed they created the foundation for the first actual democracy to bring life into this world.
In 1918, Debs gave a speech in Canton, Ohio, that confirmed his support of the leadership of Lenin and Trotsky. However, he was not the only one. The Bolshevik Revolution in Russia was financed by the U.S., Germany, and Britain. Jacob Schiff, head of Kuhn, Loeb & and Co., in New York was a primary supporter of the Bolshevik Revolution. Schiff also financed Trotsky’s trip from New York to Russia.
Supporters outside Russia printed Marxist propaganda pamphlets and delivered them to the prison camps. Russians were trained in New York and the handed out pamphlets to prisoners. The plan was to teach them to rise up against their government.
Sanders helped found the Liberty Union Party in the early 1970s. The party wanted to nationalize U.S. banks and support private utility companies owned by the public. Then, in 1981, he was elected the mayor of Burlington, Vermont. While mayor, Sanders limited the property rights of landlords, controlled prices, and raised property taxes. The taxes paid for communal land trusts. Sanders’ history of ideas and vast experiences do not mean he supports communism. Great ideas come from everywhere. It is believed that the presidential candidate has educated himself in various aspects of many political philosophies and has built his platform on the best practices. According to the Inquisitr, he is a capitalist and believes in a democratic government.
While mayor, Sanders often went to Cuba, the USSR, and Nicaragua. According to the NY Post, communists were spreading their propaganda at that time. In 1985, he went to Managua, supposedly to celebrate the Marxist-Leninist Sandinista’s rise to power. The NY Post claims Sanders disagreed with the Reagan administration decision to support Contra rebels. He expressed these feelings in a letter to the Sandinistas, which was against anti-communism U.S. policy.
Sanders made a request to the White House asking them to stop the proxy war. He also tried to come to some sort of peace agreement. Managua was adopted as a sister city and he invited Daniel Ortega, a Sandinista leader, to the U.S. The NY Post calls these behaviors, “betrayal.”
In 1985, Sanders reported on government-access television that the Nicaraguan people support their Sandinista government more than Americans support Ronald Reagan. Sanders spent his honeymoon, with his second wife, in the USSR and had a Soviet flag in his office when Russia was threatening the U.S. with nuclear war.
In 1989, he spoke at the national conference of the U.S. Peace Council, another alleged front for Communism in the U.S., however, the NY Post failed to report on what Sanders said at this conference. The NY Post does claim that he wants to bring ideas from other countries, such as Nicaragua and Cuba, to the U.S.
Sanders supports the nationalization of healthcare and putting private insurance companies, as well as pharmaceutical companies out of business. He wants to break up big banks, control the energy industry, promote free college education, an actual “living wage,” and he wishes to guarantee that people own their homes and have jobs. This enormous public works project will cost $18 trillion. Yes, there is no argument that $18 trillion is a lot of money, however, people will have money to spend and put back into the economy. An idea that will pay for itself in the long run. Ideas he put together from what he has learned in his past and in the history of his country. It is this list that the NY Post refers to as communist?
By Jeanette Smith
Edited by Cathy Milne
Rense: The Communist Takeover Of America – 45 Declared Goals
NY Post: Don’t be fooled by Bernie Sanders — he’s a diehard communist
Wild Boar: Who financed Lenin and Trotsky?
Images Courtesy of Gage Skidmore’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License