On Friday, June 24, 2016, at 6:15 p.m. CDT, “The Tennessean” reported that 120 arrests were made by the Metro Police this week in connection with drugs and prostitution-related activities in Nashville, Tennessee. According to a press release issued by the authorities, the perpetrators were busted by a team of detectives from the department’s eight precincts surrounding Nashville: the Midtown Hills, South, Hermitage, West, North, Madison, East, and Central precincts. All of the detectives had been operating undercover in the area since Friday, June 17, to bring the arrests to fruition.
The breakdown of the arrests made in Nashville, along with a list of confiscated narcotic substances and weapons, as communicated by the police officials, is given below:
Midtown Hills Precinct
- Arrests – 10: Seized 167 grams of marijuana, one vehicle, one gun, and six grams of cocaine.
- Arrests – 14: Seized four grams of heroin and 39 grams of marijuana.
- Arrests – 19: Seized 2.1 grams of crack cocaine, four grams of marijuana, 4.5 grams of heroin, 65 grams of mushrooms, 254 pills, and $251.
- Arrests – 12: Seized eight grams of marijuana.
- Arrests – 11: Seized three grams of heroin, 14.5 grams of cocaine, and nine grams of marijuana.
- Arrests – 10: Seized 580 grams of marijuana, three pills, and one shotgun.
- Arrests – 19: Seized 2.3 grams of crack cocaine, 10.5 grams of marijuana, 11 Xanax pills, four Oxycodone pills, and 28 other assorted pills.
- Arrests – 25: Seized four ounces of cocaine, 9.8 grams of heroin, 27 grams of marijuana, .4 grams of crack cocaine, 35 Oxycodone pills, six Xanax pills, one pistol, one vehicle, and $11,715.
The police have asked anyone who suspects there is drug activity in their neighborhood to call the hotline and make a report. The number is (615) 244-DOPE, and all calls can remain anonymous.
Written by Bashar Saajid
Edited by Cathy Milne
The Tennessean: 120 arrested in undercover drug, prostitution operations
Image Courtesy of Cliff’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License