The 68th annual Emmy Awards aired Sept. 18, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. According to ABC, Jimmy Kimmel is hosting this evening’s events from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California. The awards were given to programs that aired between June 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016.
The excitement built as the audience waited for Taraji J. Henson to announce tonight’s award. The winner of Supporting Actor in a Drama Series was Ben Mendelsohn for his role in “Bloodline.” This was his first Emmy.
Nominees for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
- AMC – “Better Call Saul,” Johnathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut
- Netflix – “Bloodline,” Ben Mendelsohn as Danny Rayburn
- HBO – “Game of Thrones,” Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister
- HBO – “Game of Thrones,” Kit Harington as Jon Snow
- Netflix – “House of Cards,” Michael Kelly as Doug Stamper
- Showtime – “Ray Donovan,” Jon Voight as Mickey Donovan
Nominees were announced on July 14, 2016, in a ceremony hosted by the Television Academy Chairman and CEO Bruce Rosenblum and Anthony Anderson from the ABC television show black-ish. Lauren Graham from Parenthood and the revival of the new Gilmore Girls show on Netflix.
Written by Tracy Blake
Edited by Cathy Milne
Emmys.com: 68th Emmy Awards Nominations
ABC Live Television: The 68th Emmy Awards
Image Courtesy of Eva Rinaldi’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License