The 68th annual Emmy Awards aired Sept. 18, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. According to ABC, Jimmy Kimmel is hosting this evening’s events from the Microsoft Theater that is in Los Angeles, California. The Emmy nominations went to programs that aired between June 1, 2015, and May 31, 2016.
Nominees for Actor In a Drama Series Are:
- FX Network – “The Americans,” Matthew Rhys as Phillip Jennings
- Sony Pictures – “Better Call Saul,” Bob Odenkirk as Jimmy McGill
- Sony Pictures – “Bloodline,” Kyle Chandler as John Rayburn
- Netflix – “House of Cards,” Kevin Spacey as Francis Underwood
- USA Network – “Mr. Robot,” Rami Malek as Elliot
- Showtime – “Ray Donovan,” Liev Schreiber as Ray Donovan
The excitement built as the audience waited for Allison Janney to announce the recipient of the Emmy Award. The winner of Lead Actor in a Drama Series is Rami Malek won for his role in “Mr. Robot.”
Nominees were announced on July 14, 2016, in a ceremony hosted by the Television Academy Chairman and CEO, Bruce Rosenblum and Anthony Anderson, from the ABC television show “Black-ish.” Also, Lauren Graham, from “Parenthood and the revival of the new “Gilmore Girls,” show on Netflix, alongside Rosenblum and Anderson.
Written by Tracy Blake
Edited by Cathy Milne
Emmys.com: 68th Emmy Awards Nominations
ABC Live Television: The 68th Emmy Awards
Image Courtesy of Gage Skidmore’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License