The 68th annual Emmy Awards aired Sept. 18, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. According to ABC, Jimmy Kimmel is hosting this evening’s events from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California.
Nominees were announced on July 14, 2016, in a ceremony hosted by the Television Academy Chairman and CEO Bruce Rosenblum and Anthony Anderson from the ABC television show “Black-ish.” Lauren Graham from “Parenthood” and the revival of the new “Gilmore Girls” show on Netflix worked the nomination ceremony alongside the hosts.
Nominees for Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie
- HBO – “All The Way,” Melissa as Lady Bird Johnson
- ABC – “American Crime,” Regina King as Terri Lacroix
- FX Network – “American Horror Story: Hotel,” Sarah Paulson as Hypodermic Sally/Billie Dean Howard
- FX Network – “American Horror Story: Hotel,” Kathy Bates as Iris
- FX Network – “Fargo,” Jean Smart as Floyd Gerhardt
- AMC – “The Night Manager,” Olivia Colman as Angela Burr
The excitement built as the audience waited for Kimmel to announce the winner of this award. Two-time Emmy Award winner, Regina King, scored the award for Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie.
Written by Tracy Blake
Emmys.com: 68th Emmy Awards Nominations
ABC Live Television: The 68th Emmy Awards
Image Courtesy of The USO’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License