Fibromyalgia Mystery Finally Solved!

Researchers Find Main Source of Pain in Blood Vessels

Fibromyalgia Mystery Finally Solved! Researchers Find Main Source of Pain in Blood Vessels

Researchers have found the main source of pain in Fibromyalgia patients, and contrary to what many believe, it does not stem from the brain. The findings mark the end of a decades-old mystery about the disease, which many doctors believed was conjured in patients’ imaginations. The mystery of Fibromyalgia has left millions of sufferers searching for hope in pain medications. Up until recently, many physicians thought that the disease was “imaginary” or psychological, but scientists have now revealed that the main source of pain stems from a most unlikely place- excess blood vessels in the hand.

The discovery may lead to new treatments and perhaps even a total cure in the future, bringing relief to as many as 5 million Americans thought to have the disease. To solve the Fibromyalgia mystery, researchers zeroed in on the skin from the hand of one patient who had a lack of the sensory nerve fibers, causing a reduced reaction to pain. They then took skin samples from the hands of Fibromyalgia patients and were surprised to find an extremely excessive amount of a particular type of nerve fiber called arteriole-venule (AV) shunts.

Up until this point scientists had thought that these fibers were only responsible for regulating blood flow, and did not play any role in pain sensation, but now they’ve discovered that there is a direct link between these nerves and the widespread body pain that Fibromyalgia sufferers feel.

The breakthrough also could solve the lingering question of why many sufferers have extremely painful hands as well as other “tender points” throughout the body, and why cold weather seems to aggravate the symptoms. In addition to feeling widespread deep tissue pain, many Fibromyalgia patients also suffer from debilitating fatigue.

Neuroscientist Dr. Frank L. Rice explained: “We previously thought that these nerve endings were only involved in regulating blood flow at a subconscious level, yet here we had evidences that the blood vessel endings could also contribute to our conscious sense of touch… and also pain,” Rice said. “This mismanaged blood flow could be the source of muscular pain and achiness, and the sense of fatigue which are thought to be due to a build-up of lactic acid and low levels of inflammation fibromyalgia patients. This, in turn, could contribute to the hyperactivity in the brain.”

Current treatments for the disease have not brought complete relief to the millions of sufferers. Therapies include narcotic pain medicines; anti-seizure drugs, anti-depressants and even simple advice such as “get more sleep and exercise regularly.” Now that the cause of Fibromyalgia has been pinpointed, patients are looking forward to an eventual cure. Other expressed frustration about how much they had suffered already:

“When are they ever going to figure out that things are never “all in your head?” said one commenter. “Whenever something doesn’t fit in their tiny little understanding, they belittle the patient and tell them they are crazy. People have suffered through this since they were invented. Prescribing SSRIs for everything is not the answer any more than a lobotomy or hysterectomy was.”

The announcement has the potential to unlock better future treatments and undoubtedly has patients all over the world rejoicing that the mystery of Fibromyalgia has finally been solved.

RELATED: Fibromyalgia: Proof of Physical Origins Vs. Two Danish Psychiatrists

By: Rebecca Savastio

Source: Redorbit

Source: Womenshealth.gov

Source: Yahoo News

3,052 Responses to "Fibromyalgia Mystery Finally Solved!"

1. downloader   November 2, 2017 at 12:28 pm

Thanks designed for sharing such a good idea, piece of writing is
    pleasant, thats why i have read it entirely

• Valerie Scofield   November 3, 2017 at 2:27 am

It amazes me that people are still responding to this post five years on from when this was first published.

There has been follow up to this by the writer, no mention of any more tests that have been done and no cure. Virtually a waste of time, and disgusting, since they are giving hope to all the sufferers with nothing solved!

• Viviane Paolini   November 3, 2017 at 7:07 am

Valerie, it is more than 27 years I am suffering of Fibromyalgia. I found respite with vitamins, herbs, amino acids given to me by an alternative doctor that helped me.
        Now there are new discoveries about cannabis. It is not the cannabis we usually know. Episode 1
        runs until this evening, at 9pm begins episode 2. I have seen the first series, amazing what cannabis can do. It is used in a lot of countries.
        Please look at it and listen carefully

• Valerie Scofield   November 5, 2017 at 7:54 am

Thanks for your reply Viviane. Cannabis is very good for pain relief, but that is not my main symptom, though sometimes, when bad weather is coming in, it might help. As it is, I take a couple of Paracetamol for a few days which tides me over till it is warm and sunny again. I didn’t see the programme as I only read your post today. Very busy in the garden yesterday. I am not sure if you live in S. Africa or where you live, as obviously it would have a bearing on whether the programme was being aired or not. My problems are tiredness, lack of co-ordination, extreme tiredness when standing or walking. Lots of money spent on every sort of Doctor who could possibly have helped, and specialists, even Hypnotherapy and a Bioenergist. Nothing helps. I have had it for 17 years, and am 69 years old, and worried about the future having this. If Cannabis helps you, I am very glad for you.

• Viviane Paolini   November 5, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Dear Valerie,
            I live in the US, where are you living?This program was aired even to New Zealand, just to tell you it was in the whole world. Everything you tried is useless. The only way to get much better is to strengthen your immune system. And this is what I did, going to an alternative medicine doctor. Only the vitamins, antioxidants, herbs turning into a vegetarian raccomended by my doctor I could get rid of my arthritis and everything that goes with Chronic fatigue and Fibromyalgia. I still have rheumatism that when there is bad weather I can feel it in my bones, but I go to a spa with a spring specially for rhumatism that can help me and it does.
            As for Cannabis, it should be given by a doctor who deals with it. It is not marijuana at all.
            I know what I said before and it seems that they don’t listen and do not want to try to get out of CFS. Just the will to begin.

• guy   November 11, 2017 at 8:58 am

Dr. Bauer’s treatment on his FMS site

was the only thing that helped my wife.

• guy   November 11, 2017 at 8:51 am

there is one surgean in the world, dr. johann bauer in switserland, who can help with the diagnose and surgery.

Info v-can also be found at fibromyalgie-vlaned.nl

• Valerie Scofield   November 11, 2017 at 9:47 am

Thank you for your post Guy. I have gone on a couple of sites showing You Tube videos and have saved this. I will also look for the other site you mentioned re Dr. Bauer. It is all very interesting, but it means an operation I believe, in Switzerland, and we just do not have this amount of money. Have wasted 17 years of my life with this which has caused a lot of weakness and pain at times. Did you take your wife through to Switzerland?

2. https://canho-luxgarden.info   August 31, 2017 at 11:38 am

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook
    group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Cheers

3. VanceX   August 9, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Hello blogger i see you don’t earn on your blog. You
    can earn additional bucks easily, search on youtube for: how to earn selling articles

4. PJA   June 28, 2017 at 3:01 pm

@INTiDYN
    research was published in 2013 in the journal Pain Medicine.
    It is very real. These are critical findings for anyone searching for answers.
    Clues as to the possible origin/etiology of the disorder.
    #HandTherapy

5. Cat   June 3, 2017 at 10:40 am

Right……and you all believe this load of garbage? Along with everything else online I guess…..

6. Piala Dunia   May 15, 2017 at 12:06 am

Hi, all the time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the morning, as i like to gain knowledge of more and more.

7. LILIAN AVELLINO   March 1, 2017 at 12:09 pm

I found this by accident.please tell from WHERE i canor this treatment ??? for FIBROMYALGIA: ??? ….Lilian Avellino

• Johnny Privitera   April 23, 2017 at 6:01 pm

This article has merit

• Johnny Privitera   April 23, 2017 at 6:05 pm

I experienced bleach poisoning in both hands which caused a lot of pain. I eventually developed FM. Makes me wonder

• Johnny Privitera   April 23, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I did mention this article to my doctor. She said she hadn’t heard of it.

• Johnny Privitera   April 23, 2017 at 6:11 pm

I did mention this article to my doctor.

• Johnny Privitera   April 23, 2017 at 6:12 pm

My doctor said she hadn’t heard of this article

8. Judith Hall   February 15, 2017 at 8:47 am

I am a 79-year-old lady. My FIBROMYALGIA disease appeared at the age of 74, with no hope of a cure from the hospital i looked further for an alternative treatments, a friend of mine told me about Health Herbal Clinic in Johannesburg South Africa who sell herbal treatments for diseases including FIBROMYALGIA disease, I contacted the herbal clinic via their website and purchased the fibromyalgia herbal remedy. I received the herbal remedy through DHL couriers within 8 days and i immediately commenced usage as prescribed, i used the herbal remedy for about a month and 1 week, my condition has greatly improved, all my symptoms including Chronic muscle pain, Abdominal pain, nausea, I am fibromyalgia free! contact Health Herbal Clinic via their email healthherbalclinic gmail com or visit www healthherbalclinic weebly com PLS fibromyalgia is not a death sentence, there is a cure!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login