Variety confirmed that Billy Eichner will be cast in Season 7 of “American Horror Story.” The television show airs on FX and has been renewed through Season 9.
The comedian is being cast in a recurring role in Season 7 of “American Horror Story.” Eichner will appear in over half of the episodes alongside returning vets, Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson.
Eichner, as reported by Deadline, will play a close mate to Paulson’s character. Oddly enough, he will be wearing peculiar tank tops. His part seems to be out of element for this funny man who is best known for his work in the series, “Billy on the Street.”
He also has worked on films and series like “Difficult People,” “Parks and Recreation,” and NBC’s musical, “Hairspray Live.” Eichner’s previous films seem an odd contrast to his upcoming role in “American Horror Story.”
Previous Seasons of ‘American Horror Story’
Of course, the theme of Season 7 is being kept under wraps, as always. With that said, as an anthology series, it is not necessary to binge-watch the show from the beginning.
Each season has its own theme and, for the most part, the same actors and actresses with new ones showing up to fill in vital spots. The seasons are as follows:
- Season 1 — “American Horror Story: Murder House” takes place in Los Angeles, Calif. during 2011. It centers around a family who moved into a haunted house, which is occupied by its deceased former owners.
- Season 2 — “American Horror Story: Asylum” takes place in Massachusetts, during 1964. The story follows patients and staff of an institute for the criminally insane.
- Season 3 — “American Horror Story: Coven” takes place in New Orleans, during 2013. The story follows a coven witches who face forces seeking to destroy them.
- Season 4 — “American Horror Story: Freak Show” takes place in Jupiter, Fla. during 1952. The story centers around one of the few remaining American freak shows.
- Season 5 — “American Horror Story: Hotel” takes place in Los Angeles, during 2015. The story centers around a supernatural hotel that tries to consume its guests.
- Season 6 — “American Horror Story: Roanoke” takes place in Roanoke, N.C. during 2016. The story centers around an isolated farmhouse where paranormal events occur.
How does Eichner’s character fall into place with the anthology’s new season? According to the comedian, Season 7 will be a “modern-day story.” The premise is going to be based on the 2016 presidential campaign, with the first episode starting on election night. Ryan Murphy, executive producer and creator of the series, says ideas just come to him:
It comes to me as it always comes to me. I sit up in bed and I say ‘That’s it!’ I have been mulling a couple of ideas, and I wasn’t loving it. Then I was thinking of this other thing, and I literally sat up in bed and said ‘That’s it!’ Whenever it happens it’s such a relief because it’s so much pressure.
Murphy is not giving away much more about Eichner’s character, other than his wardrobe. However, with the previous casting of Lady Gaga, in “American Horror Story: Hotel,” which earned the singer a Golden Globe award, it is sure to be a hit.
By Tracy Blake
Edited by Jeanette Smith
Variety: Billy Eichner Cast in ‘American Horror Story’ Season 7
Hello Giggles: The plot of “American Horror Story” Season 7 started out as a joke about Season 6
Popsugar: American Horror Story Season 7: The Theme, the Cast, and More Juicy Details
Featured and Top Images Courtesy of Rach’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License