In case you missed it, Titanfall developers Respawn Entertainment released their first patch this weekend (3/21/14). The patch comes to both the Xbox One and the PC servers. The Xbox 360 version of the game was delayed and as such will not be coming out until April 8. This patch fixes some bugs messing with gamers as well as some balance updates, check it out.
Titanfall is a monster of a game that has been blowing folks out of the water, but even the best games have some problems. The beta provided feedback that helped to propel the game to the height it is at now, but it can still get better. This is only the first patch to attempt to make Titanfall the leader of the Xbox One.
Let’s start with the real problems, the bugs. Here are some of the bugs that should give you no more trouble after the patch:
- Titan getting stuck upon landing
- Mega Turret consoles not allowing for hacking
- Some servers bringing matches back to lobby
- Ejecting from Titan issues
- Double XP burn card failing to properly give double XP
- Pilots entering odd parts of Smuggler’s Cove
- Burn Card re-use glitch fixed
Now onto the changes meant to help balance the game more:
- Dead Man’s explosives now give a warning sound and have slight delay
- Electric Smoke damage indicator more noticeable
- Fewer points awarded for flag returns and flag carrier kills
- Score limit in Attrition has been increased
- In Attrition matches Minions will now spawn until Epilogue starts
- Smart Pistol does less damage when not locked on and its hip-fire accuracy has decreased
More changes are on the way and according to the Titanfall website renaming custom classes is on the top of their to-do list. This first patch is a nice start but Titanfall is still missing some things that are very standard common multiplayer shooters. So far Titanfall does not have a leaderboard, private matchmaking, or even the option to choose or vote on what maps to play on. To see everything that comes in this new patch check for the link at the bottom.
Are these changes what the gamers want? Some seem to be unhappy with the decrease in points for flag kills and returns as well as Smart Pistol reductions. In truth, the Smart Pistol retains its strength when used correctly, the damage reductions work to force players to use the Smart Pistol as it is intended and not the way you would any other weapon. Such a change strengthens the difference between Titanfall and other multiplayer shooters. Yes, you can play other shooters like Call of Duty where the selection of weapons is huge but in Titanfall the weapon selection isn’t the greatest yet each weapon is more individualistic and now such patches are making them even more so.
It wasn’t long before Titanfall on the Xbox One got a patch luckily. Currently it is not known when the next patch will be. If these changes are to your liking posting under the Titanfall link is a good way to get your voice heard from the makers.