Titanfall Receives Its First Patch on Xbox One (Smart Pistol Changes)

Xbox One Titanfall first Patch

In case you missed it, Titanfall developers Respawn Entertainment released their first patch this weekend (3/21/14). The patch comes to both the Xbox One and the PC servers. The Xbox 360 version of the game was delayed and as such will not be coming out until April 8. This patch fixes some bugs messing with gamers as well as some balance updates, check it out.

Titanfall is a monster of a game that has been blowing folks out of the water, but even the best games have some problems. The beta provided feedback that helped to propel the game to the height it is at now, but it can still get better. This is only the first patch to attempt to make Titanfall the leader of the Xbox One.

Let’s start with the real problems, the bugs. Here are some of the bugs that should give you no more trouble after the patch:

• Titan getting stuck upon landing
  • Mega Turret consoles not allowing for hacking
  • Some servers bringing matches back to lobby
  • Ejecting from Titan issues
  • Double XP burn card failing to properly give double XP
  • Pilots entering odd parts of Smuggler’s Cove
  • Burn Card re-use glitch fixed

Now onto the changes meant to help balance the game more:

• Dead Man’s explosives now give a warning sound and have slight delay
  • Electric Smoke damage indicator more noticeable
  • Fewer points awarded for flag returns and flag carrier kills
  • Score limit in Attrition has been increased
  • In Attrition matches Minions will now spawn until Epilogue starts
  • Smart Pistol does less damage when not locked on and its hip-fire accuracy has decreased

More changes are on the way and according to the Titanfall website renaming custom classes is on the top of their to-do list. This first patch is a nice start but Titanfall is still missing some things that are very standard common multiplayer shooters. So far Titanfall does not have a leaderboard, private matchmaking, or even the option to choose or vote on what maps to play on. To see everything that comes in this new patch check for the link at the bottom.

Are these changes what the gamers want? Some seem to be unhappy with the decrease in points for flag kills and returns as well as Smart Pistol reductions. In truth, the Smart Pistol retains its strength when used correctly, the damage reductions work to force players to use the Smart Pistol as it is intended and not the way you would any other weapon. Such a change strengthens the difference between Titanfall and other multiplayer shooters. Yes, you can play other shooters like Call of Duty where the selection of weapons is huge but in Titanfall the weapon selection isn’t the greatest yet each weapon is more individualistic and now such patches are making them even more so.

Xbox One Titanfall Patches changes the Smart Pistol

It wasn’t long before Titanfall on the Xbox One got a patch luckily. Currently it is not known when the next patch will be. If these changes are to your liking posting under the Titanfall link is a good way to get your voice heard from the makers.

By Garrett Jutte
Sources
Titanfall – Full Patch Details
Cinema Blend
Gamespot
IGN

8 Responses to "Titanfall Receives Its First Patch on Xbox One (Smart Pistol Changes)"

1. Scott bartram   March 25, 2014 at 2:14 am

I don’t see how titanfall can be frustrating it’s the most chilled out fps game I’ve ever seen …. 5.kd all together n 2 point kd against humans even when my mother came over (she plays xbox but hates fps because she can’t do them) even she was doing well … No one rage quiting no one raging in the lobbies every one who has a mic just talks positively about the game I never thought i would see anything like it after playing cod for so many years if u don’t want to much of a challange m rage play titanfall

2. Shawn   March 24, 2014 at 3:03 pm

To the person above me, I’ve never encountered any of that, and your problem seems to be with your internet speed rather than your Xbox One. I’ve put a lot of hours into the game so far and haven’t encounter the slightest bit of lag or bugs.

3. Steven Gray   March 24, 2014 at 3:30 am

Forgot to mention, over the last few days (not sure if this is as a result of latest patch) spectres/grunts and auto-titans seem to be a lot more accurate and determined lately, therefore more lethal. And I am not talking about level 49 players titans who have the upgrade to make their auto-titan more effective.

• Tim   March 24, 2014 at 8:12 am

I know… To be honest, I was rather taken aback when a spectre took me out yesterday… I has become quite used to them just standing there waiting to add to my score.

• Steve   March 24, 2014 at 8:41 am

What I really noticed was the little critters trying to take my Titan down. They seem much more aggressive and firing all sorts of weaponry at me. I also have fell victim to an ignored spectre/grunt taking me out with a melee attack.

4. Steven Gray   March 24, 2014 at 3:27 am

So many things I love about this game, so many things I am beginning to hate.

Here are a few of gripes I have so far:

1. Takes far too long to load games, or even just to connect to a lobby. I bought an Xbox One thinking it was going to be the ultimate console. Speed, graphics and content to rival anything. So far, I am yet to see anything that I don’t think my Xbox 360 could have already done. I was duped into thinking that Titanfall was Xbox One only, but I have since learned it is also being released on Xbox 360. I imagine they wont have to change much as it already seems to me like nothing so out of this world that my 360 couldn’t have already handled.

2. Lag compensation. Terrible terrible terrible. I have never really suffered too many problems with lag compensation in previous games, but in Titanfall it is awful. I regularly empty mags into people without killing them, titan shield tactical ability is often ill timed and once I even shot a player in the back of the head with a shotgun for him only to turn round and kill me. Apparently I never shot him when I viewed the killcam back. Not even a stray pellet. I have a very fast connection and I am now considering a reduction in my contracted speeds with my ISP or some other way to balance me back up again. I consider myself a skilled FPS’er and normally my reaction speed and aim is more than good enough to outweigh any lag compensation an opponent may benefit from, but not in Titanfall. I think one of the problems behind this is lack of players, so matchmaking with similar connection players is difficult and often get bundled with players of mixed connections.

I don’t benefit from lag compensation much but I remember not so long ago spending a couple of hours teamed up with some American friends on CoD. Being from the UK my latency was quite high and I was given a lag compensation boost. I was literally immortal for the duration I was teamed up with them, but normally I wouldn’t have been matched with such players due to match making.

3. Bugs bugs bugs. Many bugs, so many to list but here are a few.

a. Sometimes cant eject.

b. Sometimes I have ejected high into the sky only to suddenly be standing on the floor and gotten crushed by enemy titan.

c. Sometimes, I have been standing underneath or next to an object or building that an enemy titan was standing on and just walking past its feet registered being stamped on despite not being the case. For instance, I apparently got stamped on when entering a building where the door height was very close to the top of the building, and an enemy Titan was standing on top of the building and because I moved near its feet I got crushed.

d. At the start of a round, got drop shipped into the arena only to find that I had been drop shipped off the edge of the map.

e. Satchel charges. Don’t know if this is intentional but when you jump in your Titan, any satchel charges you laid anywhere are gone. You do however get your satchels replenished but kinda rubbish to lay some satchels at a hardpoint you have just captured, run round in your Titan for a bit, realise that someone is capturing said hardpoint, jump out of your titan and attempt to trigger said satchels only to throw some more down on the floor where you have just got out of your Titan.

I could go on…

All in all, very good game. Don’t think it really shows off the Xbox One hardware, or if it does then not much of an improvement over 360. It can, however, be very frustrating and my 2 year old son will soon be f’ing and blinding like a trooper if I carry on swearing like I have been doing in front of him over the past couple of weeks.

Although I love the game, its possibly one of, if not THE, most frustrating games I have played to date.

• Shawn   March 24, 2014 at 3:04 pm

• Steve   March 25, 2014 at 1:30 am

I have BT fibre. 80mb down 20mb up. I dont have internet speed issues myself, persay, but I am often suffer the consequences of lag compensation when up against opponents with poor connections. Equally I am sure people on the other side of the pond have suffered the same when I have been in US lobbies etc. Its probably more down to matchmaking than anything. Or a lack of players in your own region to connect to.