Don't like to read?
About the crime:
This alert gives notice to businesses in the 25th District of a pattern of small retail store robberies. There have been three incidents where an offender enters a business establishment, displays a knife, and demands money.
Incident times and locations:
· 2300 block of N. Avers on 06 March 2015, at 11:58 a.m.
· 4400 block of W. Belmont on 11 March 15, at 5:38 p.m.
· 3700 block of W. Armitage on 15 March 15, at 7:58 p.m.
About the offender:
· The offender is described as a male Hispanic, 20-30 years of age, 5’04” – 5’06”, 130-150lbs. In two incidents, the offender was wearing a black ski mask and a black hooded sweatshirt.
· In the incident on Belmont the offender fled in a blue colored vehicle with temporary license plates.
What you can do:
• Be aware of this crime and alert other businesses in the area.
• Be aware of areas that have had such incidents in the past.
• Employees should call 911 to report any suspicious person(s) that resemble the depicted offender or any person(s) who appear to be casing the business.
• Business owners should ensure that their business equipped with a working video surveillance system and hold up alarm.
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North (312) 744-8263