Breathing Through Transplanted Beliefs

My heart-felt response to cystic fibrosis article feedback...

TruthDeclaration
Do you know how powerful you are? Do you?  This article goes out to every person, every man, woman and child of every race every color every creed. This article addresses all people suffering – physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually of any affliction, any burden, any ailment.  I am writing this as an inspiration piece based on the enormously stirred up feedback I have received on a recent article regarding cystic fibrosis, in which I have suggested that lung transplants may not be the best option.  Many who have responded have either received transplants or have watched others die from not receiving one.  Others are themselves struggling with the discomfort and pain caused by such a brutal condition.  To you and every cancer patient, every person suffering with mental illness, arthritis, MS, heart disease, diabetes, IBS, stress, addictions, pain, to every person feeling less than whole and perfect – I address you now – please breathe with me now, through what may be old, transplanted beliefs.

My intention, as a writer and as a human being living on this planet, is to cause a great questioning within every person, to look at what you have been told, who you have been taught to give your power to and who you believe you are and to empower every individual to know more fully, deeply and purely that they, that YOU are powerful beyond measure, that you have healing capacity as yet untapped, that your mind is the ultimate healing and regenerative machine, that you have been led to believe less than what is true about you – and that time is over.

As I ponder the responses to my suggestion of another way, other than the medical model, I am met with what feels like deep offense, as if those who are reacting feel as though I have stabbed them personally for saying such things.  To me this only tells me that I am doing my job, that the buttons are being pushed and the old way, which has so long been the ‘norm’ is being challenged in this very moment. Let us begin breathing now through beliefs that have been perhaps transplanted into our human understanding. All that was ever accepted as a new model of reality was always first ridiculed before it was embraced.  It is not my wish to even be embraced at this point, for I openly opt to stand at the doorway of a new world, one that seems ‘strange’, ‘crazy’ and even unacceptable to many of you – yet holds the possibility of a new tomorrow, one that is not wrought with illness and dis-ease, but rather one where every sovereign citizen knows who he or she truly is and can act in the world with empowerment on behalf of themselves and the world.

We have gone far too long letting the medical community, the government, the IRS, the department of security, our teachers, our neighbors, our religious leaders tell us what to do and how to live, what we are capable of and how long we will live.  We are divine beings here on a divine mission.  Whether you believe in a higher power or not, you must feel somewhere in your being that this level at which we are all expressing is not our fullest potential playing out.  You must feel somewhere deep inside that you are capable of more, that you are worthy of more, that you can do more. Don’t you?

We have been busy labeling ourselves with every kind of qualifier we can think of, and labeling each other as well, that we have covered up the truth behind false lies and misleading interpretations of yesterdays truths.  It is time we shed the cloaks of what has gone before and claim a new today, a new tomorrow, fresh with possibilities, health and community.  There is nothing we cannot do when we come together, rather than tear apart, when we lift each other up, rather than tear each other down.  There is nothing another can say that can harm us unless we give them permission to do so.  There is NOTHING another person can say that can harm us, UNLESS WE give them permission to do so.  Do not give me permission to harm you by choosing to be harmed by my words or anyone else’s words.

One thing I have learned in my life is that anything that another person says or does that offends me is clearly highlighting something I need to look at within myself, or else I would not find it offensive.  So, when I feel offended, I take a step back, I thank those people, that person who has triggered me so that I may heal, so that I may find the place in me still as yet not claimed as whole – and claim it.  I hope that my words can do that for you.  I hope that if even one word I say offends you that you can use it as a magnifying glass into your own soul, into your own subconscious mind to discover what gifts lurk there to be uncovered, because those things that trigger us most will surely become our greatest assets when healed.

Everyone has a different path, thank god for that.  Everyone has a different perspective.  This is what makes us, as a unit – whole.  I appreciate and honor each persons path and opinion, and allow it to help me see more – the greatness that we all are together.  May we each honor each other this way.  Because if we do not, if we continue to rival and revolt, argue and criticize one another, we will remain blocked to our greatness still.  The day we let each person speak – and hear them, as the sound of wholeness resonating throughout the earth, echoing within our own being as ‘one way’ to perceive, not the only way -but one, then we will taste of peace.  Then we will taste of heaven.  Then we will know what lies beyond duality and judgment because we have stopped seeing through those eyes.

I am grateful for a voice, for the ability to use words to articulate the ideas and queries that come through me.  I recognize that they are not always the same ideas and same perspectives that everyone will share.  I am grateful to be unique and to share my identity with no one – knowing that on a greater level, we are all connected beyond these human musings.

In the future, I resolve to do research that allows me to tell the stories of my heart, not just the stories of the day – as told by so many others.  I promise not to be like any other journalist in the way I report and to share alternative views and methods as much as possible in order to expand consciousness, stretch the boundaries of our imagination and break old paradigms of limiting beliefs.  I hope that you will read my work, not because you hope that I will repeat what you already know, but because you know that I will present an angle you have likely not thought of and maybe have over-looked, perhaps one you disagree with and perhaps one that is wrong for you personally.  I hope you will read my stories because they speak to the part of you that has not had a voice, even the parts as yet denied by culture, medicine and religion.  And mostly, I hope you will read because you found your way to my article on a day that needed stirring, needed change and needed something out of the ordinary to occur.

I speak from my heart the truth as I see it, it will not always be the truth as you see it.  I do not intend to deceive you or offend you – though if you feel offended or deceived, I trust there is a deeper purpose being enacted through which we will both benefit. Whether you have had a transplant or not, whether you believe what I say or not, does not matter as much as all of us breathing together in harmony – honoring our differing opinions and right to live. May we all go forth this day with open minds and hearts to allow truth that is right for us to find us.  I thank you for your time and your presence to the end of this letter.  I see you as my family – known and unknown – and I care for you, knowing my work would be a simple journal entry without your eyes.  May all be blessed with health and wisdom.

Written by: Stasia Bliss

63 Responses to Breathing Through Transplanted Beliefs

1. Skeptek July 2, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Stasia Bliss,
    You write too much, and say nothing of value.
    You claim to want debate, yet you corrupt it with fallacies and evasion.
    You claim to know the truth, but you spout lies and ignore well established science.
    You claim to care about your readers, while accusing them of personal bias for complaining about factual matters.

Your beliefs are patently false, and devoid of science. You’re a liar and a coward with nothing to offer science or journalism. In fact, you’re a destructive and dangerous waste of resources. Put simply, and in the most heart-felt way I can, you’re evil.

You should know why everyone is angry with you. That’s what anger is for.

2. Addy. June 18, 2013 at 3:41 pm

if this is your brain on oregano oil…. stay away.

3. Dani June 18, 2013 at 11:15 am

Can you do us all a favor and get a new job? NOT as a writer?

4. Iwona June 18, 2013 at 9:24 am

No reason will get through the super-inflated ego of the woman who wrote this. Both pieces are totally devoid of any intelligence and reasonable thinking and what is still worse, they are full of downright lies as concerns CF. Her writing is new age like babble at its worst and stinks of sect brain-washing. I doubt whether as ignorant a person as Ms Stasia Bliss can understand that what she wrote is stupid, wrong, offensive and unacceptable but I do wonder why the article has not been taken down by her bosses. I hoped there would be some reasonable people behind this publication, but no, they seem to be thriving on the fact that the blissful ignorance of Ms Stasia Bliss gets so much attention.

5. LS June 18, 2013 at 12:11 am

let me get you a hammer and some nails while you try to nail yourself to the cross, we don’t need you or the likes of you to “push buttons” we have more educated and scientifically apt people already looking for better ways and therapies go stare at your sun… I don’t need you to empower me or to help me empower my child.

6. Addy. June 17, 2013 at 11:51 pm

you say you want to spark a debate…. but our responses aren’t being posted here or on the other article. can you explain that?

• Addy. June 18, 2013 at 3:42 pm

if this is your brain on oregano oil…. stay away.

7. terrabundance June 17, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I find it fascinating how many people would rather attack another human being than to get out of their own minds to let go of pain and suffering.
    Are you readers seriously saying after reading this, you are still angry at a journalist? I believe instead that you are just simply angry…. at way more than one journalist.
    It pains me to read so many people attacking another just because they have different opinions. Writers are a dime a dozen, people who write from their heart, are few and far between. I am grateful when someone is willing to scramble up the old views and provide an opportunity and an open invitation to look past our own stuck beliefs and shift our perspective.
    I am grateful to this journalist for opening a door to connection. I can send love out to every person reading this who is in obvious pain and can do nothing but attack another human being for having an opinion different from their own.
    I can open my heart and know peace for everyone who feels alone, and I can also know that just because you feel or think differently from me, or from Stasia (the journalist) or from ANYone, we are still a human family. Your pain inflicted upon another does not help your pain, it actually makes it deeper and worse.
    I am sad to see how many people are suffering just reading the attacks here, and I personally send you all love.

• Harlan June 17, 2013 at 5:43 pm

You seem to be laboring under the delusion that either article was “journalism.” Journalism involves more than “writing from the heart.” It involves research and accurate reporting of the facts.

• Louise June 18, 2013 at 1:03 am

Exactly, I have CF and was utterly shocked to read this. I came across it on a Tumblr written by a girl with CF she thought it was hilarious, I thought it was shocking. To write a headline such as that is so dangerous, in fact this highlights the dangers of the internet with all its misinformation and the fact anyone can write anything. Luckily though most people with CF are very well educated when it comes to understanding their disease. I really hope the author has now taken at least a little time to study this, inherited genetic disease! Yes it is a recessive genetic condition, lesson number one for you there…

Urrr no CF does not come back in the new lungs, I mean are you serious!? The new lungs are not yours genetically, what can happen is they become infected with the bacteria you once had in your old lungs as well as problems with rejection. This is what you weigh up when deciding whether it is for you and also why you do not go on the list until your life expectancy is under 5 years and a few herbs and good vibes aren’t going to help you at that point!

By all means carry on writing but please god do your research as this is appalling. This article should be removed.

• Addy. June 17, 2013 at 8:03 pm

it’s kind of you to defend your friend, but i think your heart’s in the wrong place.

• terrabundance June 18, 2013 at 12:46 pm

What I wrote was not in defense of my friend, it was a question that still bears repeating.
        She is a human being. Would you attack a friend if they walked up to you and offered an opinion different from yours? Of course not. You would have a conversation with them.
        Attack just shows weakness, and that is what every single person who has attacked this writer is doing, showing weakness. I understand you are in pain. There is no need to take it out on another human being.
        You don’t know her, and you don’t know me.
        There is nothing that keeps you and me from being friends but your pain.
        Know that I still send you peace and I know for your family healing and love.

• Lauren June 18, 2013 at 1:32 pm

We are responding to her article because as people directly affected by CF (or parents of children with CF) a lot of us spend our lives raising awareness of CF and educating others to raise funds for essential research into CF so that maybe one day we will have a cure. Then this blithering idiot writes this steaming pile of crap and undoes all our hard work. It’s clear she has not researched the topic at all. What’s more terrifying is that her article is being called ‘health’, not ‘opinion’ and therefore someone might think something she wrote is in some way beneficial to those with CF. people get on the transplant list because they have no more options. They get a transplant or they die. There’s no two ways about it.

• Ichthyic June 22, 2013 at 11:52 pm

“Why must you attack someone simply because they think or write something you don’t agree with?”

because when someone spews misinformation that is literally DANGEROUS in nature, it should be roundly criticized. Nobody SHOULD care if it causes the speaker to tear up, there simply is no way the “pain” of criticizing such an inane and dangerous bit of misinformation can compare the pain someone with this disease would end up with, as well as their families and friends, if they followed the “advice”.

for shame. There simply IS NO DEFENSE.

• CFdad June 17, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Substantially flawed and dangerously inaccurate statements based on lack of knowledge and understanding are not “personal truth’s!” this author is wrong factually and entirely off-base.

This article only challenges the serenity of any reader who understands living with CF. If she truly believes her own perspective she would make it right.

Remove the story and apologize for the lack of understanding. The original article and the rambling response indicate she has little knowledge of the topic and doesn’t know herself. If she did…I doubt either would have been written.

There is no defense for the article nor her response…

• Philip M June 18, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Cystic Fibrosis tratement is not something one can write from the heart about , it’s not an opinion piece however even if some uneducated hippie did write an opinion piece on it, it should have been listed under opinion not health. My god where is this papers editor.

• terrabundance June 18, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I’m curious, why is CF not something to write about the heart from? That statement does not make any sense to me. Isn’t everything capable of being heart felt or open for conversation? Why is CF any different than cancer, or heart disease, or any disease for that matter…?

• Philip M June 18, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Her opinion that people who are about to die should not have lung transplants simply because she with no doesn’t think they should have them or because she thinks oregano and yoga will do the trick is not an opinion she should share no. CF is no different than any other disease in that regard. She has a freedom of expression and oh how she does express it. opinions that are mot worth sharing are those that go against science. for example gravity is an illusion stupid opinion and not worth sharing. An opinion worth sharing is that Ms Bliss is mot a good writer and did not do appropriate research before writing her article. yet another is that you modem hippes are truly terrible people. This is not a cause you should be fighting. Love won’t fix CF, cancer or mental illness nor will herbs and yoga. It really disgusts me that you and her think you are doing a service by telling us all how we have given our loved ones unnecessary surgery. If only we had listened to the bad writer with no medical degree. Why oh why did we listen to someone who has studied the disease all their life. What fools we were to not listen to the opinions of someone who feels they knew the healing power of herbs and yoga.

• Philip M June 18, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Spelling and grammer apologies for above! (Sent from phone)

• Ichthyic June 22, 2013 at 11:55 pm

” Why is CF any different than cancer, or heart disease, or any disease for that matter…?”

that’s the point, it’s not. And like those other diseases, they require real information in order to arrive at the best treatment, not made up platitudes and outright lies.

if you still don’t get this, you really need to go think on it some, because you’re not doing anyone any favors by defending lies here.

8. This is a name. June 17, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Please do not call yourself a writer when you write articles like this. Not only does it lack research, have terrible grammar (I have never read such awful runon sentences), but it also says words have no power. A writer knows that words have more power than you can imagine. If words did not have power, writers would not exist.

You are not a writer. You are a conspiracy theorist who somehow gets their crackpot theories published on the internet. You are a potential murderer encouraging people to disregard their health. You are a bad person, pretending to understand how other people suffer. That is not a writer. You are everything a writer isn’t.

9. NR June 17, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Seriously? Oh my heck. THIS was your response? I agree with Catherine, just another self absorbed article. I think this is just, if not more, offending than the original one that you posted!
    I am so angry with both of these articles and I can’t believe they are still posted, especially with the amount of backlash that you’ve received!! I sit here thinking, once again, what on earth did I just read?! You are completely ignorant to cystic fibrosis, transplants, genetics, and everything that was said in those comments on your other article.
    You very obviously have no interest in investing a little time and research into the disease and treatment that you are writing about, even after so many people have called you out on how WRONG the information is that you presented with only one credible source (which you turned around and posted misinformation about anyway). Cystic fibrosis is a very, very serious illness and it isn’t as simple to treat as you seem to think it is. The information you post is very misleading and can cause very serious and deadly consequences if one decided to follow your suggestions. Holistic approaches can supplement airway clearance, nebulizers, and medications, but it CAN NOT and should not completely replace these things that are VITAL to a CF patients survival.
    Educate YOURSELF. It doesn’t take that long to make a phone call to a CF center and get the FACTS. It doesn’t take that long to go to http://www.cff.org and educate yourself on CF and transplants… heck just CF in general.

Very disappointed and angered that this was your response.

• Addy. June 17, 2013 at 9:52 pm

this.

10. Angelique Sanborn June 17, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I’m not sure which article was more insulting.

11. JEM June 17, 2013 at 1:20 am

Utter crap. Shut up. You do not deserve to be posting on the World Wide Web. Your rediculious rant is like listening to loonies on their soap box in hide park or state libraries. You are nuttier than those human billboarders who suggest the end of the world is here. It seems no one cares to hear any more from you so please stop. You’re making a fool of yourself.

12. breathe on this June 17, 2013 at 12:06 am

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on the first article but nope you proved it. You really are an insufferable cunt. And I don’t say that lightly.

• Tonnya Marisse June 17, 2013 at 2:23 am

you have no right to slander a Guardian Express writer or verbally abuse her in such a way, simply because you disagree with her. I don’t say this lightly, but anyone who goes around using the C word to describe a woman is an insufferable misogynist with mommy issues.

• breath on this June 17, 2013 at 8:12 am

Fine, she is an insufferable windbag who has no grasp on reality.

• Philip June 18, 2013 at 12:49 pm

You may be correct that such insults were not necessary after the first article but after the second I can think of much worse things to call this woman. Also please do not speak of the guardian express as though it demands some level of respect. This paper clearly ( at least in these instances) took no care in what it posted as a “medical article” It has yet to clarify that this is an opinion piece and does not belong in the health section nor to state that these opinions do not represent the views of the Guardian Express.

• terrabundance June 18, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Name calling only makes you look weak. Honestly, at least have an opinion that isn’t an insult.

• Addy. June 18, 2013 at 7:59 pm

would you prefer insults in latin? ’cause i’m sure one of us CFers, used to learning it to understand the medical language, would happily oblige?

• Ichthyic June 22, 2013 at 11:57 pm

ignorance makes you look weak.

seriously.

it’s the only thing that matters here. You can fix it yourself, or you can whinge from your fainting couch. I would recommend curing your ignorance though.

13. Philip M June 16, 2013 at 11:39 pm

You are the worst kind of crack pot. You are not practicing responsible journalism, and I guess that is because you are not a journalist forgive people for thinking otherwise. I won’t speak for others my anger is that you are couching these crackpot opinions as journalism when there is no science to back that up. You are questioning medical science in the USA, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Canada to name a few countries leading the fight, with no basis to back up what your saying. We have seen what happens when we don’t practice these treatments, people die and die young. Most newspapers require some sort of fact checking does yours or is the Guardian Express your own personal blog? Sometimes just sometimes there isn’t a hippy cause to fight. There are people devoting their life to curing this illness, others have died from it, others have watched love ones die and yet others still are testing new treatments and meds to help further the cause. What do you do? You make the world a worse place with your ignorance. You insult and continue to insult all those people while you ” do your job”. You should be ashamed by this article and the one it was a response to. To your bosses: higher real staff , good writers, and actual journalists.

14. Lauren June 16, 2013 at 11:27 pm

How. Dare. You.
    You are a disgusting person. You fail to see your error. This is even worse than your original article.

Please, please stop. You know nothing on this subject. Please retract your article, offer an apology–a REAL one, and get back to writing about meditation or other hippie fluff.

15. Cystic Gal June 16, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I don’t know you personally, but based purely on these two articles – you are truly ignorant and taking advantage of vulnerable families who may grasp at your idiot-straws. I am 32 w/ CF and post transplant. I did yoga for 15 years including the weeks after my surgery. I practiced some of the other alternative remedies, and yet, I needed a transplant because I WAS DYING. How can you describe yoga, for example, as CURATIVE? You do not even know the meanings of basic non-medical words you use, and yet, you dole out medical advice. I pray for the people that read this bs and believe it. Get a clue, and then revise your article.

16. catherine June 16, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Your response has absolutely nothing to do with the original article and the fact that you gave misinformation. This should be an apology, however, it was just another self absorbed article. Sad.

17. Jodi June 16, 2013 at 3:34 pm

That old adage “garbage in, garbage out” makes me ponder what toxic waste you’re ingesting to produce such sludge.Th

18. Dani June 16, 2013 at 2:13 pm

You still don’t get it, do you?

19. Talana June 16, 2013 at 11:50 am

Wonder what essential oil you can use for a severe case of verbal diarrhea?

• Addy. June 17, 2013 at 9:56 pm

i think she must have taken it. it’s the only thing that can explain the “heart-felt response”.
      coffee gets the bowels moving. maybe it was that… oral or enema? it can dehydrate, so it’s all down to the individual bowel. ;-)

20. Linda bobinger June 16, 2013 at 11:48 am

Well another media person who can slant things however they wish and some people will believe it because they saw it in print. It is a shame that she didn’t research all sides instead if the off the wall side. Yes you can ind one or two medical people who would say she may have a point but not in someone who us dying in their teens or twenties. This is why the media is so looked down upon. The people that actually use their brains and research thoroughly realize what the media has done and continues to do because many do not want to do their own thinking and reading both sides. Lady stick to whatever topics you know because you certainly know nothing about transplants.

21. Doris June 16, 2013 at 11:34 am

As a transplant recipient words fail me. This so called article and the previous one is an insult to all those who have received transplants, to the surgeons that carry out these life saving operations and most importantly to the donors that give their organs. To suggest we all just “breathe together” is the most patronising, condescending, hurtful, ignorant, uniformed, pile of nonsense I have ever read to say I’m angry is an understatement. What she fails to understand is that transplant is a last resort without it we die there is no second option, no breathing deeply, no relaxing yoga, no herbal remedies. Two year before my transplant I could barely dress myself let alone do yoga!!!! It has been proven that CF patients do better after transplant than non CF patients due the fact they have been on a regime of medication and physio their whole lives!!!!!! Please please do your research before writing such absolute drivel.

22. Amy C June 16, 2013 at 10:24 am

That was no apology, that was self gratification. Educated yourself, because ignorance is the most dangerous weapon of the population.

23. Stephanie June 16, 2013 at 10:10 am

Word of advice : when addressing people with cf, don’t say things like “breathe with me” or “let us breathe now together ” and “breathing in harmony.” It is condescending.

People are not offended because you are challenging their beliefs and what they’ve been told. We are offended because you are peddling pseudoscience as fact and have failed to research the disease you are writing about. By the way you’re not saying anything new. Whether it’s Positive attitudes and manifestation, yoga, herbs, crystals, smudging, meditation, accu-therapy or any other metaphysical, whole body approach, the very best it can be is complementary therapy. It is not medicine. Alternative or otherwise. Your conspiracy minded view of corporate oppression is fabricated, and the statements you make are dangerous. Period.

24. Jackie June 16, 2013 at 9:46 am

Heartfelt agreement! I could not say this better so wholey endorse your statement Ros

25. Michael June 16, 2013 at 9:01 am

As soon as a rectum transplant becomes available I suggest you have yours removed from under your nose and put back where it belongs!!!!

Taking a few herbs and thinking happy happy thoughts is not going to put an end to CF!!!!

26. Lynn Griffith June 16, 2013 at 8:51 am

I read the first 3 paragraphs and stopped! She’s a Crackpot!

27. CF in Boston June 16, 2013 at 8:44 am

You know..take your line of thinking about how we were meant to read this article and be hurt by it from some all-powerful source. You believe that? Really? Think now, before you say yes. Let’s take this idea to the most extreme conclusion possible. It looks like you’re in the company of Richard Mourdock, who famously claimed that pregnancies from rape are something God intended to happen.

28. Ros June 16, 2013 at 7:51 am

I think this may make even less sense than your original article… Whilst you’ve clearly been made aware of the negative response to the first article you clearly have not realised how much hurt, offence and anger you have caused to people who are already dealing with this hideous diseas either in person or through someone they love. You make absolutely no apology for any of this, instead you ask us to ‘breathe with you’. Another patronising suggestion. Whilst you are entitled to your opinion you might want to think about how it can effect others when it is published in the public domain…

• Addy. June 18, 2013 at 12:01 am

there’s something sociopathic about it, really.

• Terra Bundance June 18, 2013 at 12:21 am

Pointing fingers and calling names actually makes you look like the people with issues. Please find peace so you don’t have to blame and attack others for your pain. Peace is a choice.

• Addy. June 18, 2013 at 12:43 am

well… if she wants to be a proper journalist, she has to be aware of criticism, doesn’t she? there’s no peacefulness in writing articles if she’s afraid of being told she’s actually wrong.
          i’m not blaming her for being sociopathic. it’s clear she can’t help it, if she responds to people’s pain by writing THIS.
          peace IS a choice. so is writing drivel, claiming to be a journalist/researcher, and posting as a journo in an online website newspaper about a multi-system illness that a giraffe knows more about.

thing is, i don’t feel sorry for her. she wrote it, she posted it, she deserves every inch of criticism she gets for it. that’s the risk of being a writer. as another replier said, you get what you give. she reduced people’s pain to condescending misconceptions, and people are giving it all back in turn.

29. DrE June 16, 2013 at 7:42 am

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Science and medicine isn’t just something you can pick up and do. There’s a reason we have people with medical degrees and PhDs working on this sort of stuff.

30. Jayne June 16, 2013 at 3:53 am

You disgust me. None of what you have written can be justified.

31. Addy. June 16, 2013 at 3:12 am

so… you’re NOT actually interested in learning more about CF, how it works, and what it’s really like from CFers and their parents?

fair enough. you could have just said that and saved all the paragraphs, you know.
    or said, “I’m sorry if I offended you, but these are my opinions. I clearly didn’t research them, but I still stand by them.”

sometimes less is more.

i would have liked to have used that lovely turn of phrase: “Words are wind,” since it’s appropriate to those paragraphs full of air above, but it would only work if they’re said aloud. (and this follow-up never will be).

32. V June 16, 2013 at 2:01 am

Can I just say the fact that you said you want this to be an inspirational piece just shows you for what you are. Inspiration happens naturally, not when someone dictates it. I couldn’t even read the full piece because your views are just silly!! I don’t know you or what you’ve been through but do you have a life threatening illness? Take my suggestion and read up a little on actual people with CF. I have a blog, go back to the begining and read it all maybe you’ll learn something but from what you write I see you’re stuck with your views and think everyone should be at one with you!

33. Kyle June 16, 2013 at 1:51 am

“I’m all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters” – Frank Lloyd Wright.

In your case never a truer word spoken

34. CFer, Lung transplant recipient, DISGUSTED June 16, 2013 at 1:07 am

Your ‘heart-felt response’ is only digging you further into your hole.
    Your article did not ‘suggest’ transplant is not the best option, you STATED, as if fact.
    In future please try to do proper research so you are better informed yourself before putting your misinformed opinion out to the public.
    Holistic, natural and spiritual treatments etc definitely have their place in this world, and as you said they have done great things, but their place is not with CF, and laughable you say as a curative, THERE IS NO CURE YET.
    You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, as we all are, it seems (as shown by comments on the original article) your opinion is offensive and highly likely to be damaging to someone new to learning about CF and transplant who finds your ‘article’ and does not know better yet. You are not helping put good information into the world.
    Even after amendments, it is still offensive and FULL of misinformation.

• Michelle Lincoln June 16, 2013 at 7:32 am

U really R talking about a subject U have no knowledge or interest in! Ur pointless words R written here like U feel U R giving us important information, however both ur articles only highlight ur ignorance and how ludicrous ur quackery claims r! To CF’ers like myself ur words R dangerous as they imply we r only ill due to some wrong doing/thinking on our part!!! I personally hope ur editor sacks u when they c all the replies u have rec’vd as ur r not a doctor with a CF specialty, so frankly ur view r heinous and seriously ill informed!

35. Julie Borkowski June 15, 2013 at 11:48 pm

you are dangerous especially to children who are suffering from diseases. Just like the radical religions who do not believe in traditional medicine to treat their children. They are dangerous. Please stop and consider the children.

• AnnaSJ June 16, 2013 at 2:33 am

and blah blah blah. You are a disgrace to journalism. Are you TRYING to put off would-be organ donors? There are few enough of them as it is, and ignorant articles by yourself about a disease you clearly have researched via Wikipedia certainly do not help. Love does not cure CF.

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Retiring From Acting April 16, 2014
    Note: This contains spoilers for those who have not seen April 13’s episode of Game of Thrones. Do not read if you do not want to be spoiled! One of the Game of Thrones actors has decided it is time to retire from acting. It likely is not anybody most would expect, either. And it […]
    Alexandria Ingham
  • Airplane Passengers Tackle Man Trying to Open Exit Door Mid-flight April 16, 2014
    Southwest Airlines Flight 722 passengers performed a heroic act on April 14, when they stopped a man from opening an exit door on the airplane mid-flight from Chicago Midway International Airport to Sacramento International Airport. Witnesses say the man appeared to be intoxicated and was attempting to jump from the airplane. Some passengers noticed that […]
    Christina.T
  • Stanley Cup Playoffs Preview: Dallas Stars April 16, 2014
    The Dallas Stars are likely the most overlooked team in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. The reasoning behind it is simple: It took the team until the final weekend of the season to clinch a playoff spot. They are the underdog of underdogs heading into playoffs, but as the saying goes: Every dog has its day. […]
    Jonathan Gardner
  • Conjoined Twins Separated and Finally Leaving Hospital April 16, 2014
    Conjoined twins, Owen and Emmett Ezell, born July 2013 and separated in August at six weeks old, will finally leave the Dallas hospital, where they have been gradually improving since the surgery. They will not be going home quite yet, their move this week, will be to a rehabilitation center to continue to recover and […]
    Twanna Harps
  • Lindsay Lohan Relapses and No One Is Surprised April 16, 2014
    Lindsay Lohan has relapsed and no one is surprised. According to Radar Online, the troubled star was seen drinking a vodka soda while at Coachella earlier this week. It is the same news for the star, as she has been down this path five times already. The 27-year-old actress recently completed her sixth stint in […]
    Alexandria Ingham