Extreme Weight Loss Bob September 3 (Preview)

822x (29)

On Extreme Weight Loss (ABC) this Tuesday, the episode will follow the efforts of an obese policeman from Wisconsin, Bob, as he attempts to lose weight and qualify for skin removal surgery. Bob faces major knee problems that might stand in the way of his exercise routine, and of meeting his year-long final weight loss goal.

Bob’s knee and weight issues might even end up costing him his job as a police detective, unless transformational coach and co-host of the show (along with his wife, Heidi), Chris Powell, can help him lose his excess weight without further damage to Bob’s knees.

At his initial weigh-in, Bob tips the scales at almost 450 pounds. The state of Wisconsin has implemented the requirement that all police detectives must pass a physical fitness test called “Fit for Duty” and Bob is worried that he might not be able to pass the test.

Desperate to lose weight and pass the test so he won’t lose his job, Bob turns to Chris Powell for help, hoping that Powell will accept him as a participant in the Extreme Weight Loss series.

Chris agrees to take Bob on, but a problem arises during Bob’s very first workout. Both Chris and Bob hear a loud “pop!” Unfortunately, the sound is Bob’s knee getting re-injured.

The police detective now has a decision to make. Should he continue with the program and risk permanently injuring his knees, or should he rest and try to heal up, for consideration next year?

Bob decides that he is tired of carrying around his excess weight, and he want to change himself, and also get fit enough to pass the “Fit for Duty” test, instead of waiting another year.

Using as his main fitness regimen swimming and boxing, Bob renews his dedication and commitment to lose weight.

As with the other participants of the Extreme Weight Loss series, Chris tells Bob as an extra added incentive, he will reward him if he meets his weight loss goals and milestone challenges during the year.

For example, if Bob meets his six-month goal, Chris will send him and his wife, Kelly, to Paris to renew their vows.  Also, while in France, Bob and Chris travel the final leg of the Tour de France together.

Another major obstacle arises when Bob’s other knee gets injured, and he’s taken away from his exercise regimen for an entire month. Will Bob’s injury prevent him from losing enough weight to qualify for the skin removal surgery, and pass the test so he can keep his job?

This will be the final episode of Extreme Weight Loss (ABC) season three, but, have no fear, fans of the show — it’s been renewed for another season! Until then, tune in on Tuesday, September 3, to see if Bob is able to meet his weight loss final goal, get his surgery, and pass the “Fit for Duty” test!

Written by: Douglas Cobb

10 Responses to "Extreme Weight Loss Bob September 3 (Preview)"

1. Julia   July 9, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Chris’s efforts of helping folk the achieve their goals each story is great. It was very encouraging to watch you and your sons work out together and so me and my son have made a pact that we will work out together.

2. Cheryl Shepard   September 4, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Bob:

I watched the show last night and I had bariatric surgery several years ago. Today I am only 50lbs away from where I started. It is sad to say but it is true. Watching you last night has made me realize what a waiste I have been over the last several years. I took the easy way out and now I am right back where I started, but not for long. I am going to get this weight back off and I am going to do it the right way. You are and will always be my inspiration in my journey. You and your family are awesome people. It was very encouraging to watch you and your sons work out together and so me and my son have made a pact that we will work out together. Awesome job! Keep up the great work. You are living proof that with determination and focus there is no obsticle to large to over come. Thank you for sharing your story with the world.

3. Travis   September 4, 2013 at 9:31 am

Wow, Bob, stay the course brother! You are a brave and obviously committed man to go on this program in front of the world to make your transformation a reality. I have had my own journey and found great results with Nutrition, diet plans and exercise through http://www.myshakeology.com/travisspaulding thanks for helping inspire others to want to get fit and be healthy…it’s possibly the most important task facing us today.

Travis

4. Brenda Allers   September 4, 2013 at 5:58 am

Yes!!! the best story ever. I was really encouraged to stick with my healthy lifestyle. Its not always so easy but its possible and much better to be healthy then to go down the road of short lived pleasure (junk food and the like)… I’ve enjoyed watching all of Chris’s efforts of helping folk the achieve their goals each story is great. Sir! Chris every job well done! Congrats!! to Bob and his Family. Just wonderful!!!

5. Carlos Saenz   September 3, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Bob, I am compelled to write to you.I suffer from severe Rheumatoid Arthritis and lately I have gotten to the point where I just wanted to give up.The pain I have is constant ,I dont sleep very much.I just wanted to let you know how much you have inspired me.God Bless you and Thank you for your service to the community. Sincerely Carlos Saenz.

6. Tammy   September 3, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Bob, Congratulations! I, too, struggle with my weight and you have inspired me to stop coming up with excuses and just do it! Thanks, and best wishes to you and your lovely family!

7. Claire   September 3, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Bob I am sitting here full of pride right now. My husband was a deputy chief in a fire department, an amazing husband, father, friend and mentor. He lost his battle with weight , he died suddenly in his sleep at the age of 52. I watched you and see him, stay the coarse!

8. Nancy Jalowiec   September 3, 2013 at 6:41 pm

GOOOO BOB!!! I think his determination was remarkable!!! He MUST know the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY….knowing only knowing HIM — could get him thru this time so victoriously!!! YAY LORD!!!

9. douglascobb   September 3, 2013 at 7:19 am

The surgery is simply to remove the excess skin, though the skin can weigh quite a lot, on its own.

10. Lila   September 3, 2013 at 2:21 am

ry. I think that person can themselves lose weight. Surgery can be last solution. I also had many extra pounds but with the help of good diet: http://fatlossfactorsreviews.com I’ve lost them. I advice you not to hurry up with surgery and to try to lose weight yourself. Work out, eat healthy food and keep a diet and you will see the result.