GTA V Online Multiplayer Server Issues

PS3 patch not completely successful in handling issues.

GTA V Server Issues

Rockstar Games have thanked everyone for being patient with the problems encountered so far by gamers who have had issues with the GTA V Online Multiplayer mode. It now seems that as well as the common issues that the company attempted to fix with a downloadable PS3 patch, that there are server issues which are frustrating fans of the game.

The main problem quoted by most annoyed and frustrated gamers is the inability access the servers, although there are substantial a number of players who are still having money issues and character problems. Rockstar have published an article pointing out the existing problems on their game’s support website. They point out that the information provided on the site is changing “frequently” and that gamers should check it regularly to keep up to date on issues.

For PS3 GTA V Online Multiplayer participants, there was a PlayStation Network server issue that limited the number of “possible concurrent users.” This problem kept a lot of players from accessing the GTA Online arena completely. Apparently the problem was reportedly fixed 12 hours ago, but reading the comments from gamers who responded to our patch article, it has not been completely successful.

Another problem came from players not able to get through the first tutorial mission. A lot of players managed to get around this issue by multiple retries and Rockstar are attempting to solve this right now.

There is also an issue of instability across the GTA Online services that was causing problems for players who had gotten past the tutorial mission. Rockstar have said that they have identified the problems and are attempting to sort the stability issue as quickly as possible.

Due to the amount of issues experienced by players, Rockstar have disabled access to the GTA$ “cash packs” which could be bought for real money to boost the players profits. The game’s GTA$ can still be earned via gameplay by pulling off Jobs and other profit related activities in the game, but cannot be purchased separately until all issues have been resolved.

Several comments on our existing article on the PS3 patch have mentioned character’s being automatically “downgraded” on experience points and money after players leave the game and attempt to access the Online GTA again.

Rockstar Games have promised to iron out technical problems as soon as possible and that they are working tirelessly 24/7. The company have also asked that as players encounter issues to report them to the dedicated support team.

Server issues have been experienced worldwide with gamers as far afield as South Africa saying that they can access servers in the morning, but after 1530 – 3:30 pm – they cannot access GTA Online at all.

Apparently the game is so popular that the window allowed for online gaming was not large enough for all the players attempting to access it. This combined with the amount of bugs and glitches that the patch has not corrected, continues to plague fans of the game.

Players are trying to be patient with Rockstar, but the amount of time it is taking for the company to solve the many problems with the online multiplayer issues is frustrating many. Promises that an Xbox 360 patch will be ready to download this weekend cannot fill many with confidence.

So players are still waiting for all the PS3 issues to be solved after downloading the available patch and encountering server issues as well. To give Rockstar Games some credit, it looks as though they may have been unprepared for the sheer magnitude of players who would be attempting to use the system’s servers.

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Source

Source 1

20 Responses to "GTA V Online Multiplayer Server Issues"

1. Tristan Strange   October 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm

My gta v restarts it first blacks out and restarts I installed it onto my flashdruve I have 21 gbs left I moved my update and progress onto my flashdruve any suggestions?!!!!

2. tristam   October 21, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Why is my gta v restarting I have 21 gbs left after the installation I moved the update to myflashdrive and my prgress and it just blacks out and restarts some help!@

3. Hunter   October 7, 2013 at 1:06 am

Amen lol

4. darcy   October 6, 2013 at 3:41 pm

those of you who cant get online no biggy cause when u do get ina simple action as joining a friends room is next to impossible EPIC FAIL ROCK STAR EPIC……….

5. jack meoff   October 6, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I think they knew this wouldn’t work and release it any way to make millions off people they knew wouldn’t get to play it….Kinda funny that the same game is coming out on ps4 next month….

6. Hunter   October 6, 2013 at 12:54 pm

Itsrealy all bullchit. We did not knew there ganne be so muche oosters buying this game . Yea F.cking right and those miljoen s yust fall yust in your hand. They know how many copy s there where sold. I took a week of work to play bin online once. Took me 3 days to get past the first part. So F. CK this the money is in for the. Great job 5 jears of this . They better spent there money wel beceaus the next gta is ganne be a game not that many people will buy. I give this game 2 more days els bring it back. Cod ghost comes out soon F.ck you rockstar

7. Thomas Yoder   October 6, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Do I even dare try to load my GTA online.

8. Kris   October 6, 2013 at 12:08 pm

This is very frusturating, i lost all my money and guns! GTA GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER!!!

9. Lambo37   October 6, 2013 at 11:50 am

Same here it’s getting beyond a joke now I am think of bringing the game back for a refund

10. #forseeableproblems?   October 6, 2013 at 10:41 am

Rockstar should think about using some of that first week payday and maybe market something that works properly.

11. rabia   October 6, 2013 at 10:32 am

I’ve created about 5 characters already & when leave the game & come back again, My character is deleted.. this crap

12. cristian   October 6, 2013 at 10:27 am

wow… lvl 17. had my cars and a garage. guns and monet… all just gone. I take this as a huge middle finger people who nade this game

13. Rudy   October 6, 2013 at 9:27 am

im having the ” waiting for other player ” thing too tried to call rockstar sense release of online and ” all lines are busy

14. AngryFRUSTRATEDGTAVplayer   October 6, 2013 at 9:01 am

Yeah….I played all night got to 15 then got disconnected and my online data was GONE so fking PISSED….did a bunch of survivals and collected around 100k

15. Busta_nalga   October 6, 2013 at 8:21 am

Firs tutorial… WAITING FOR OTER PLAYERS -_- 15 min already….smh

16. Adam   October 6, 2013 at 7:53 am

Same problem i have no character whats going on ?

17. Kyle   October 6, 2013 at 7:38 am

I was a level 15 with 81k and I get on this morning and I don’t even have a character anymore. Please fix whatever this is

18. dionoczabruk16   October 6, 2013 at 2:02 am

I was level 17 with alot of guns upgraded and 95k now when I went on gta online Im level one with a new character and none of my guns what shall I do

• willie   October 6, 2013 at 7:40 am

same just happened to me was level 10 now level 1 got to start again R* get a grip that is crap don’t believe it gotta now do all start missions again utter crap lol but oh well

19. stephen   October 5, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Still not working man. COME ON. Important staring to hate Gta now. Iv been a great fan 4 years from the very first Gta game on ps1. Come ON lads. Fix it.