Cody Walker as Brian O’Conner in ‘Fast and Furious 7’

Cody Walker

Rumor has it that Cody Walker has been tapped to replace big brother Paul Walker in Fast and Furious 7. Although there is no such confirmation on behalf of Universal Pictures, speculations about casting Walker are running high and fans are happy. The Fast and Furious 7 cast includes Vin Diesel, Nathalie Emmanuel, John Brotherton, Tyrese Gibson, Dwayne Johnson, Djimon Hounsou, Jason Statham, Lucas Black, Kurt Russell, and Tony Jaa. Paul Walker was supposed to play a pivotal role in Fast and Furious 7, and the younger Walker has been approached to play that role. If Walker agrees to play the role of Brian O’Connor in Fast and Furious 7, he will be shot from wider angles and from a distance so that CGI technology can be used to make him look like his brother. Fans of the Fast and Furious 7 series started posting script ideas to different social media streams.

The fans are quite happy about this decision, if this is implemented, and the internet is buzzing with positive reviews on this rumor. One tweet says, “Cody Walker, Paul Walker’s brother, will play in the new FF7 movie. Good choice.” Another tweet says, “Paul Walker’s younger brother, Cody Walker, the best of the best choices.” Not only tweets, but Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus, StumbleUpon and many such social sites has brought out the verdict of the fans. Again, these are only speculations, but it does prove the emotional connect that the older Walker had with his fans.

Fast and Furious 7 Director James Wan and Universal Pictures decided to approach Walker after much thought; Cody Walker is basically a lookalike of Paul Walker. Although Fast and Furious 7 may cast the Walker in his brother’s role, he has not yet commented regarding this issue. Fans did have a mixed bag reaction, but mainly positive reviews flowed through the media seemingly happy with the idea. Casting the younger Walker to play Brian O’Connor will also be a wise decision in keeping the spirit of the film and the sentiment of the fan followers. Vin Diesel’s character Dom Toretto also needs to be complemented on-screen, and who can do it better than Paul Walker’s own brother? It is speculated that the movie is going to garner a lot of revenue throughout the world, especially in the United States.

Cody Walker worked as a stuntman in the movie industry and appears an appropriate candidate for the role of Brian O’Connor. Fast and Furious 7 was originally scheduled for release during the summer of 2014; however, that has been postponed. The possible casting of Walker, who is 15 years younger than brother Paul, has come behind another rumor of Justin Bieber as Brian O’Connor. Fans were not happy with that idea, evidenced by viral comments like: “I’m sorry, Justin Bieber isn’t good enough,” and “Justin Bieber replacing Paul in Fast and the Furious 7 oh kill me now.” So, the Fast and Furious 7 can really garner a lot of revenue if the casting of Cody Walker is finalized to play Brian in the film, especially when the fans are happy. Agree or disagree? What do you think?

By Sunando Basu

Ibtimes

Jalopnik

Ibtimes

IMDB

Mstarz

Christian Post

69 Responses to "Cody Walker as Brian O’Conner in ‘Fast and Furious 7’"

1. Yahoo   May 22, 2016 at 7:15 am

Perfect person keep it in the family! Beiber is lucky he got famous young ,”stealing those peoples money” because otherwise he would be broke!

2. Janet Cowart Ybarbo   January 14, 2016 at 9:33 am

Agree yes Cody as Paul am watching 7 now where is it that Cody falls in as Paul? I believe after card come out of plane

3. dineshkumar   August 15, 2014 at 11:03 am

choosing Cody walker in this fast 7 is correct option.

4. Christina   August 11, 2014 at 5:57 am

Paul Walker can NEVER truly be replaced in my opinion !

5. Elzane   July 11, 2014 at 6:02 am

I think cody walker will be the perfect person playing this part I don’t want Justin bieber near fast7 cause he is no actor sorry Justin but no u won’t be used

6. jawad akbar   June 27, 2014 at 2:24 am

cody walker is best for fast and furious 7

7. danbaba suleiman   February 18, 2014 at 2:53 am

It will be more attractive if cody will eventually agree to play his late brother role, but for bieber, it does not make sence

8. marrten   February 12, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Having Cody play as Brian is a good idea… But JUSTIN BIEBER???????!?!!’!.Are you insane..?!?!!??!!?! HAVE YOU LOST YOUR GOD DAMN MIND.?

9. brent   January 14, 2014 at 8:11 am

cody walker may be 15 years younger but the world knows it already so why not just have him act and not edit him

10. arialkk   January 11, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I think its a good idea to keep fast and furious going on…it will be very nice if cody says and continue fast and furious movies… 🙂

11. tami   January 4, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I would think too if anyone was ganna step in for Paul it should be Cody, i think Paul would like that! Cody def resembled Paul a lot, esp his bone structure and his mouth, i think Cody is really good looking:)

12. Bud   January 2, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I think Cody will probally be good for the role on 7 in honor of his brother. I think universal will be to cgi him as look alike. Cody double for Paul in the movie Running scared and as an old friend of Paul’s some years ago I would like to see Cody play the role.

13. kid of god   January 1, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I guess we will all have to see if Cody is like if he is anything like his brother ,fast and furious will go on, but if he is nothing like his brother, I am sure he is, but if he is not it will end bad for the fast and furious movies, I want to send love to Paul walker family, friends, and fans the was one of the world best actors, role model, a good father. We all miss him very much and love him so good luck to Cody walker and God be with there family.

14. Courtney Butler   December 30, 2013 at 6:21 am

Glad that Fast and Furious 7 will be using Cody to play in the movie.. I think they shouldn’t replace Brian O’ Conner, because only Paul Walker can play as Brian. Cody Walker should play as Brian’s brother in the movie instead.. Where they have Brain layed to rest, there his brother shows up and no one knew him and he introduces himself as Lucas O’ Conner, or Tyler, Joey, etc. Whatever name they choose. Then he starts showing his car and racing, almost like when Toretto and Brian met.. Or have Cody play as something more suit with his personality,, something he is comfortable working with. That is my idea. But If Walker agrees to play the role of Brian O’Connor in Fast and Furious 7, he will be shot from wider angles and from a distance so that CGI technology can be used to make him look like his brother. That is a good idea, it will make it seem like Paul is here with us.. But let the fans take a vote I say… Both are good ideas for me, just don’t have Justin Bieber play his role.. I will stop watching Furious 7 and up. I think Paul would be happy to see his little brother step and play in the movie. Paul put family first, and if they choose Justin over Cody, I believe Paul wouldn’t be too happy.

• Alexandra Kranis   December 31, 2013 at 12:11 am

I understand because Justin Bieber is only 19 but after I saw Believe movie and heard the rumor he might go in as Walker’s replacement I thought in the Believe movie he kinda looked like Paul if not he looked good looking with his little facial hair, tan, and blonde hair to replace Walker but he’s lot younger and I hate you people think Justin Bieber would ruin the movie he’s a nice guy to I love Justin Bieber as his biggest fan and I’m 26 years old I don’t care if any of you have problem it’s a 7 year difference if Justin’s parents didn’t have him when they were young he might of been more of my age I think this other guy in a picture next to him looks more like Paul Walker then Cody does and Stop bad talking Justin Bieber I hate people call Justin a punk when he’s being set up to look like he does bad things and is no good

15. Tracy   December 29, 2013 at 3:01 pm

They better keep the footage that Paul was in!!!

16. robin   December 28, 2013 at 8:07 am

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEIBER.HAVE CODY PLAY BRIANS BROTHER .SEEKINGREVENGE FOR BT
    RIANS MURDER.NO TO BEIBER.H E IS A BIG JOKE IN MOVIES AND MUSIC

• Alexandra Kranis   December 31, 2013 at 1:00 am

Not true Jerk he can sing and dance good and I care about Justin Bieber I’m a big fan to

17. browncandles   December 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Yes Cody maybe able to pull it off, but does he have enough of Paul’s swagger to pull it off. Paul could adapt to many different surrounding. Place him in a room with sufferers he would be at home. Place him in a settings with thugs he could handle that. So the question would be can Cody be transparent?Could he be comfortable like Paul?

18. Conni   December 25, 2013 at 4:53 pm

NO to bieber…..that would destroy this movie…he’s a dumb kid…. And singer…. Cody should take his brothers place, it would be the best thing for this…… I don’t even know why bieber even thought he could take Paul’s place….he’s irreplaceable…but his brother is the best and closest person to take over…Race In Peace Paul you’re greatly missed

• Alexandra Kranis   December 31, 2013 at 1:19 am

Justin Bieber is 19 going on 20 March 1st and he’s not a dum kid, he writes his own songs, plays drums, other instruments, his songs are good, catchy, and he’s a good dancer I like One Direction now but at first I didn’t they can sing but they can’t dance and have lots of friends are friends with Justin Bieber young girls and young women including me love Justin he’s a good guy but none of you believe it every time I hear Justin on the radio it puts a smile on my face I saw one of his new videos yesterday night the way he touched the girl in the video was hot I was like damn um Bieber thought he could Play Walkers part cuz guess off his looks but he doesn’t have blue eyes but has nice fast cars of his own but Paul’s brother should play the role since he’s older and looks like him but I thought this guy next to Paul in a picture of Cody next to Paul was a better look alike and I miss Paul Walker he looked to good looking to be 40 and his daughter doesn’t look like him

19. Sully   December 25, 2013 at 11:48 am

Sending Justin Beiber in to do Paul’s job is sending a boy to do a mans job. Maybe disney needs him to star in cars. Cody should definitely do it. Rip Paul and condolences to friends and family.

• Alexandra Kranis   December 31, 2013 at 1:28 am

Justin is not a boy he’s 19 going on 20 and he’s a man to me he cares about sick and poor people so shut up

20. Laura   December 25, 2013 at 10:05 am

Yes! Cody should do the role of his brother !!!! No one else should

21. Amber   December 24, 2013 at 12:44 pm

RIP Paul Walker! I think his brother would be tha best choice to replace him, but I also think it will be hard for Cody to replace him because of emotions & thoughts of Paul going through his head. Although Paul is gone Cody will have a rough time filling his big brothers shoes. Good luck Cody. We will all always miss Paul Walker.

22. felicia   December 23, 2013 at 12:25 pm

PLEASE DONOT LET ALL THAT HARD MANS WORK DOWN THE DRAIN BY ALLOWING THIS INEXPIERIENCED KID TAKE A GROWN MANS PLACE PLEASE DONT pLAY PAUL LIKE ThatT!! IT WILL BE A GREAT DEPRESSING DISCRACE IF JUSTIN TAKES ANY PART AS BRIAN!!! It will be ashame!!

23. Nicholas Joel Watterson   December 23, 2013 at 9:59 am

Justin Bieber isn’t the best replacement. I may not be a fan of Fast and the Furious, but Cody Walker will be a great actor, and I’m sure he’ll make his big brother proud

24. Phill   December 22, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Cody walker 1000%….

25. Jessica   December 22, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I feel that paul walker would be proud and honored of his lil brother cody walker taken his place in fast and the furious 7. Its the perfect way to keep his memory and spirit alive. I know if it was up to me I would be happy with it. If your a true paul walker fan and of the movie you would that doing it that way is the best option. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Keep it in the family you know. Doing it any other way would destroy it. That’s how I feel. Rest in peace Paul walker I miss you always ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

26. Tania   December 22, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Cody walker would be the best option to replace his brother in the movie, Paul would probley want no one else then his own brother to finish the job he started, I think thats an awesome idea, loved all his movies f&f7 wont be the same without Paul but at least he knows that his brother was there to finish it for him and for all his fans. A big NOOO to biebier

27. AngelaWalker   December 22, 2013 at 12:09 am

I don’t think Cody should I mean he is grieving over his brother but I don’t think just should either that’s just my thought on it.

28. Dalia   December 21, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Cody Walter is the best idea , i know his brother Paul is wanting him to finish his movie for his fans, he will do a good job in memories for his big bro Paul walker

29. Kim   December 21, 2013 at 6:48 am

Still won’t be the same..use him but then end at number 7! It will go no where without Walker 🙁

30. Nabeel Mulla   December 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

Bieber!!!not a good choice….Cody is the best person to play his brothers role……Cody please accept……#Die hard fan of Paul Walker

31. roberta frazier   December 19, 2013 at 7:46 pm

cody cody do it ur bro would of wanted that look so much like him that would ease everybodys minds miss u paul lots this will bring good memories of paul thru cody cuty 2

32. Matthew E Chapman   December 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Cody Walker would be the best choice because who would know Paul better than his little brother and i have been looking at the pic’s on the internet and Cody has more favor than any one else. I believe that it should be he’s choice. If Cody decided to take the role than he would do his brother proud without a doubt. Really all i can say is that if Cody you are reading this than you have got my full support and I wish you and your family my deepest condolences for your loss. I was a big fan of your brothers and no matter what your decision is you will still make your brother proud God Bless You and Your Family. My Family is praying for you and your family.

Matthew E Chapman

33. I Hate Bieber   December 19, 2013 at 6:52 am

I think they should have cody walker play in 7,8,9,ectra because it will carry a new fresh begining to Fast and Furious Films … let’s hear from the public on what they think..

34. David Ni   December 18, 2013 at 10:45 am

Wouldnt it be better to rewrite the script and have Cody come in as Brian’s brother and fight Ian Shaw who is seeking revenge for his brother????

35. Boo   December 18, 2013 at 6:07 am

Cody walker definitely! Justin Beiber one isn’t a good enough actor, two looks nothing like Paul, three just doesn’t have what it takes. I cried when I found out Paul died. It’s not going to be the same without him but at least Cody looks like him and knew him enough to maybe act like him too. But definitely in the movies after seven Cody should be brought in as Brians secret brother who shows up at his death

36. angela   December 18, 2013 at 2:50 am

Have brian go into hiding, we lost paul tragically dont make us lose brian the same way but i love the cody idea and he should come into fast 8 as brians brother.

37. Bobbi   December 18, 2013 at 2:06 am

NO BEIBER!!!! This will chase away your long standing “Fast Fans.” I think Cody would do well to finish 7. However I think Brian’s character needs to end there. Bring in a new character that had a past with Brian that is ready to join the Toretto family and seek vengeance for Brian’s untimely death. Such as a kid he had mentored while still a cop that has a juvie record, likes to race cars and can kick a$$. (Taylor Lautner)

38. J.c   December 18, 2013 at 12:21 am

Cody walker should play fast 7 not justin fag biever ……….. R.i.p.. Pual walker

• I Hate Bieber   December 19, 2013 at 6:49 am

LOL

39. Marcel Zachary   December 18, 2013 at 12:16 am

If they need new characters to be in the franchise I”m the guy.

40. Marcel Zachary   December 18, 2013 at 12:15 am

i think that might be a good idea that the brother finishing what he left off it’s a shame that happened in the first place maybe after 7 have some new characters after Brian i like to star in 8 , 9,10,I want to be a actor i’m also a rapper to so maybe make Ludacris character have a twin brother that be awesome I’ll be the twin. I like the franchise alot grew up on it. Hopefully it will continue as long as Vin Diesel and the others guys don’t quit.

41. Rick .p   December 17, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I think cody will be the Right person 4 the part of the movie .Replace paul Walker. Great idea ..Go for it Cody ..paul Will like it…

42. Lauren   December 17, 2013 at 6:24 pm

No, don’t replace Brian with another actor! Have Mia on the phone with Dom and have Dom hear Mia saying to Brian that they have to go into hiding. That way nobody has to ‘replace Paul Walker’. Stop at Fast 7 and leave the series as a tribute to Paul Walker. Killing Brian off, especially in a similar to Paul’s death, would be hard on his family, friends, and not to mention his daughter that SAW the car after the crash. I don’t think I could continue to watch and enjoy an eighth, ninth, etc. installment to the series. It’s just not the same without Paul.

• Lauren   December 17, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Similar way, I meant. In a similar way to Paul’s death.

• Rajith Maligaspe (remiwarren)   December 17, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Don’t you get it? He’s not going to completely replace Paul Walker! Cody’s gonna act as his double! For scenes unshot, he will be used for wide scenes, and CGI will be made to make his face look like Paul Walker’s. Dont be crazy, they’d never recast his role just to finish up a few scenes left!

• Tata Bernacet   December 20, 2013 at 8:14 am

His daughter didn’t see the car crash. She was not at the charity event. That was just false rumors

43. B   December 17, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I agree with Kenneth Turney.Cody Walker is the best replacement for Brian O’Connor, not Justin bieber. Cody should finish the remaining scenes and they should close the franchise after this. It wont be the same without Paul playing Brian, and all you know ? Like its just wrong to go on like this if they choose to do so after Fast 7, that chemistry would’ve gone in the series.
    This shouldn’t be about money on the franchise anymore, Paul would’ve wanted the series to go on without him but that doesn’t make it right. Paul was excited for and confirmed a Fast 8, 9 and 10, but that’s when he was alive and excited to be in those sequels, and to go on now at this point without him..its just wrong I hope universal realizes that.
    “The show must go on” applies to when someone in the show doesn’t show up or leaves for whatever reason, not when they die. Its just selfish and wrong.

44. Rickster   December 17, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Caleb walker not Cody should do the part look him up he could really be A identical twin

45. Kenneth Turney   December 17, 2013 at 5:37 pm

He needs to fill in just to get a scene where Brian dies…. he looks alike but I can tell the difference plus I know he is not Paul so its not the same. Brian has to die in the 7th one you can’t replace him. Bring in Cody to do a death scene & that can be that then the rest of the team can do something to live out his memory. Maybe 7 is the last one needed. They have killed off a lot of people & now Brian is going to have to be killed. I think its best to just get them out of the game so they can be a family. Kill Brian off & go from there…. it only makes since.

• diabloswarrior   December 17, 2013 at 5:52 pm

What they should do is not alter the script at all and let Cody walker fill in. Depending on the reception of his performance, they can then choose to either write out brian o’connor at the beginning of fast 8, being like I’m going to take mia and our baby and leave, OR if he’s well received, cody could continue to play brian o’connor

46. Melissa Bigelow   December 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm

I think having Cody finish 7 would be good, but I do agree that the character should be killed off. Cody is not Paul and should not replace him if there is an 8.

47. Dazey   December 17, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I personally don’t think he’s brother should play the part.

48. syeda   December 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm

awww this would be such a good tribute to Paul Walker! Im sure he would have loved to have his little brother in this series.

49. celsa suan   December 17, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Cody Walker 100percent i igree…

50. Rickster   December 17, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Calib walker looks more like paul walker google him

51. cierra collins   December 17, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Justin beiber would be the most unfit decision ; he is no where near ready for something not only as big as fast 7 but being involved with the “replacement” of Paul walker. Paul walker cannot be replaced , and
    to even try to do that is still like a big slap in the face , no one can be replaced , to
    finish off the movie for the directors is hard but a movie is a movie, in reality Paul is no longer here and the fans know that. Anyway, his little brother should be part of the movie to be able to keep it going just not as Brian .. RIP <3

52. Melissa Hearn   December 17, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Yes Cody would be the best person out there he not only looks like him he knows him the best u go Cody make us all proud

53. Ashley   December 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm

hmmm may be the best as far as look-a-like, but honestly think they should add a role as “Brian O’Conner’s brother in the movie and play it out that way.. IDK we shall see???? Great tribute either way though!!!!! Will watch and see no matter what, just hope they don’t ruin it for Paul Walker, fans and the great run they have going for all the Fast and Furious movies.

54. mike   December 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

YES! Cody walker should take the role of Brian O’Connor. he can finish what his brother started! it should NOT be Justin Beiber because he looks nothing like Paul walker as his own brother does! CODY WALKER should finish fast and furious 7!

55. leo   December 17, 2013 at 12:55 pm

dude no think about paur fiamly you think they want see paur die aigan in movie I don’t think so so you cant kill him off but what can do is finsh fast 7 then keep him alive if they do fast 8 have brian die off sacne then his brother paly rule if brian brother

Lucas Black cant took paur palce dude ture fans wood not like that look at fast 3 he took over movie sucked it was canformd that way he cant took paur palce he need stay his own charater

56. jonny   December 17, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Yea i agree best solution is cody walker please dont get justin biever involved in the movie

57. rodimuz prime   December 17, 2013 at 12:11 pm

I think they should write off Walker roll have Cody come in as brians brother wanting avenge his brother. He looks like brian yeah but I feel he can put more effort to being himself and be more comfortable in his role in the film then trying to portray his Real Life brothers Brain O Connar roll.

58. Sunando Basu   December 17, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I agree with Melissa, the emotional connection should be there so that the fans of Paul Walker appreciate. That’s the challenge for junior Paul.

59. CSimmons   December 17, 2013 at 11:24 am

Cody walker will make a good fill in to help finish the film but not a complete replacement. The brian character needs to end during 7. I think the best way to do it is to have him die saving Mias life. A heros death. With Lucas Black Back he could take the lead if there is an 8. Haveing brian just dissapear likr some people want will make him look like a coward who turned his back on his friends.

60. melissa   December 17, 2013 at 10:53 am

Cody walker to replace Paul, it sounds like the best solution…..we will just have to wait and see how he acts. that’s the important part. there must be that emotional connection or it won’t be as good as the others.