Youth Pastor of Large Church Confesses He Smokes Marijuana Every Day

Youth pastor says God loves him despite marijuana useA youth pastor of a large church made a public confession on a private sharing app called Whisper. This young man admitted that he is a stoner that smokes marijuana every day that he is not in service. He said he is in service on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays and has no doubt the Lord still loves him.

Although this may shock some folks, it does not surprise others. As more and more states make the choice to legalize marijuana believers are now being forced to examine where exactly they stand on the issue.

Many have already decided that recreational drugs are not a good idea when it comes to fulfilling their roles as it relates to winning souls for the Kingdom of God. Citing the biblical verse 1 Peter 5:8 which reads, “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour,” they simply do not see how it would be beneficial. Marijuana seems to have the opposite effect of alertness and soberness, so these believers feel it should be avoided.

Others do not believe weed has the same negative effects as other recreational drug use. In April a poll conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute in partnership with Religion News Service showed that less than 1 in 4 Americans think using marijuana is a sin; this means a mere 23 percent. The study also revealed that while older adults believe it is sinful, younger Americans tend to not see any moral issues with its use.

This unnamed youth pastor joined the likes of many when it comes to sharing secrets; he used the iPhone app called Whisper. Whisper is a secret-sharing application that allows users the freedom of posting their true thoughts, feelings and of course secrets without exposing their identity.

One of the app’s developers, Michael Heyward, said his team developed Whisper as a response to the other social networking options currently available. He said other platforms like Twitter and Facebook are great, but are not necessarily authentic. Many people use social networking platforms to show others how perfect and great they are. Whisper’s developers wanted to give people a platform which would allow them the opportunity to share in a uniquely authentic manner.

Yes there are a few uninhibited souls in the world, but most would not think of confessing secrets about their weaknesses, addictions or even sexual escapades in a tweet or as a Facebook status but are more than happy to “whisper” about them.

There are several studies which reveal many Americans smoke weed regularly; out of more than 75 million American nationwide about 14 million have admitted to regular marijuana use.

Cannabis, the formal name for pot or weed, comes from the Cannabis sativa or indica plant. It grows wild in many different parts of the world and is used for both recreational and medicinal purposes. Once ingested it gives the user a sense of relaxation, euphoria and mild pain relief. Marijuana can even create hallucinations and alter one’s mental perception.

Will smoking the third most popular recreational drug, behind tobacco and alcohol, separate a person from heaven or hell? Although doubtful that question has yet to be answered, but what is common knowledge is that mainstream rappers and pop stars get high all the time; and so do many Christians.

A youth pastor of a large church made a public confession on a private sharing app called Whisper. This young man admitted that he is a stoner who smokes marijuana every single day that he is not in service. Perhaps if the Christian community begins to operate in a little more grace he will be able to speak publicly about it to someone who can help him deal with his “silent” issues.

By: Cherese Jackson (Virginia)

Buzz EEW Magazine
Daily Texan Online
Psychology Today

9 Responses to "Youth Pastor of Large Church Confesses He Smokes Marijuana Every Day"

1. Ras Ible   July 27, 2014 at 11:27 am

Huntington, WV, is the “Church” Capital of WV, Unfortunately, many Christians are forced to remain silent about their use of cannabis, because of peer pressure from uninformed constituents, who know nothing of the plants medicinal value. One pastor admitted, he couldn’t support cannabis simply because, he didn’t want to be know as the “Pot Church.” This is the wrong attitude and it must change.

2. sincerely   June 24, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I agree with this Author.

3. Fred Delmer   April 19, 2014 at 10:03 pm

The hemp and caanabis plants are Gods gift to man. It will save the planet. More people get addicted to heroin from prescription drugs.

4. Diane Win   April 19, 2014 at 11:19 am

*SIGH* I’m so tired that the alleged gateway myth refuses to be put down like the rabid dog it is. The only thing why it has that status, so to say, is because of street dealers in the illicit black market peddling other things other than Cannabis. Take Cannabis off the black market, you take it away from the street dealers that are pushing illicit drugs. Problem solved.

• Ras Ible   July 27, 2014 at 11:34 am

Agreed!!!

5. Mark Pedersen   April 19, 2014 at 11:18 am

I became a Christian in 1979, alone, just me and God. I made that choice soberly, believing it was real and the best course for my life. In ’81, I was called to ministry; a choice that didn’t come easy for me or my family, but I knew it was right.
    Benevolence ministry is by and large a selfless work… long hours of collecting, and sometimes begging for food for those who have none; listening, counseling, praying, with what seems like an endless line of need.
    I worked 80 plus hours almost every week, back then, between my work as a power plant welder, a computer consultant, my weekly duties at the food pantry and sporadic hospital visitation. But when I became ill, my professions, my home, my life as I knew it then, ended. I thought my ministry was over as well. Severe migraines, seizures, pain, memory loss – replaced my days of service to the church.

I rediscovered cannabis in 1997 through a small blurb on a Fibromyalgia Newsgroup that said smoking cannabis could relieve Fibro pain. I had already been on what seemed like every toxic pharmaceutical known to man, many with horrific results.
    I had used cannabis over 12 years before while in school. I had no need for it, so I quit using it. I remembered a close friend who was dying of cancer and how cannabis made his struggle easier. I had little to lose in trying it.
    In the course of three weeks, my migraines dramatically reduced in intensity. The pain and neuropathy that had been a constant companion, faded. My memory began to return. My life became bearable again.
    My healing continued over the course of the last 16 years. My last migraine was in 2006. My last seizure was in 2009.

In 2006, I began traveling the country, interviewing those who have benefited from cannabinoid therapy. Over the course of the years that followed, I interviewed those with Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s, Lou Gehrig’s Disease, Ehlers-Danos Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Epilepsy, chronic pain, migraines, breast cancer, lung cancer, testicular cancer, Prostate Cancer, Acoustic Neuroma, Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, skin cancer, terminal melanoma, brain aneurism, stuttering, Crohns, Irritable Bowel, Lupus, chronic pain, neuropathy of the feet and hands, neurological pain due to paralysis and amputation, Post Traumatic Stress, depression and anxiety, other mental issues, and many more – all benefiting from cannabinoid therapy.
    I have over 180 interviews on Youtube, but I have spoken to literally thousands. I have seen the most miraculous things…like cannabis oil applied topically, killing melanoma tumors. It’s real. I’ve photographed it.

Cannabis has been a food and a medicine to mankind for many thousands of years. As a sacrament, it has been a part of every major religion the world over. It’s NON-TOXIC. Most of all, it’s saving lives. It is being given to our most critical, our most vulnerable – our children, our terminally ill – and they are recovering.

It’s been 16 years since cannabis, God’s most amazing plant, saved my life and started me down this unique path. I don’t doubt for a second that my years in ministry were only a preparation for the work that would follow with cannabis.
    Cannabis is beyond a doubt God’s gift to a sick and dying world. Its industrial use will heal our economies while its environmental remediation qualities will heal our polluted land. Its remarkable nutrition will nourish the hungry and its miraculous medicinal benefits will heal our people
    Though bigotry may have suppressed it, cannabis has never really left the faithful. It’s time the church again embraced God’s gift and allow healing to return to his people.

Mark Pedersen, CPNInstitute.org

6. james manegold   April 19, 2014 at 10:09 am

As far as the statement (“Even though many argue that weed does not hurt anyone and is completely natural it is important to also note that it has been known as the premiere drug to greater, more potent drug usage. There are a significant number of cocaine or heroin addicts which say they started off by smoking marijuana.” ) goes, the reality is that the reason those other substances were introduced to pot users is it’s illegality since they wouldn’t have been given the opportunity to try these drugs.

7. Regina Nelson   April 19, 2014 at 9:43 am

Cannabis is a plant from God–as well, each and every human being–including Christians, have an Endocannabinoid System–if we were simply educating ourselves on this issue we’d understand this youth pastor is using God’s gifts and wisdom to deal with le and the stress it entails (and possible other issues)…Want to know more: http://www.cpninstitute.org

8. Louis   April 18, 2014 at 10:22 pm

Jesus loves the little stoners, all the stoners of the world. Red and yellow black and white, they smoke weed to get high, Jesus loves the little stoners of the world.