Kitchen Nightmares Revisited Amy’s Baking Company

Kitchen Nightmares Amy's Baking CompanyFriday night marked the season six premiere of Gordon Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares, and what better way for Ramsay to kick off a new season of his hit show than by paying some old friends a visit, right? While Ramsay chose to forego the festivities, he did send a Kitchen Nightmares representative, who revisited the infamous Amy’s Baking Company, and got the scoop on how the business has been doing since his last visit.

Ramsay originally visited Amy’s Baking Company last year during season five, episode 16. While he was eager to help the owners, Amy and Samy Bouzaglo turn their failing restaurant around; he was met with stout opposition because Amy simply could do no wrong and she could not take any criticism at all.

Ramsay tried to work with the couple, pointing out obvious flaws and areas the business could improve in such as cooking food properly, using fresh ingredients instead of frozen, treating their customers properly, and letting the waitresses have their tips instead of Samy pocketing them. However, Amy and Samy would not hear of it; they refused to see the error of their ways and left Ramsay no other choice than to leave Amy’s Baking Company in the same mess he found it in and to let them figure it out for themselves.

Following the episode’s airing last May, fans of the show came out in droves to slam Amy’s Baking Company on Facebook, Yelp, and Reddit, and it did not take long for the insanity to spread like wildfire. The story went viral and the couple and their business became an internet sensation, but not in a good way. Some people even went as far as threatening the owners, but it did not faze Amy and Samy.

For every negative comment they received, they lashed out and gave one in return. At one point, Samy even threatened legal action saying he was keeping a record of all the names on Facebook who were running their mouths to them. However, Amy’s Baking Company did not pursue legal action; instead, they turned the negative attention into a way to make money. They started selling tee shirts and hats that said, “I am Gangster,” “I Speak Feline, Meow,” and “Here’s Your Pizza, Go F**k Yourself.”

A year has passed and Kitchen Nightmares wanted to revisit Amy’s Baking Company to see how the business was doing. A representative for the show sat down with Amy and Samy who were quick to hurl insults toward Ramsay and all the fans that had left them comments. Among other things, Amy called Ramsay a “pale face pansy-a** willow,” and Samy said he “could go f*** himself.” Samy went on to say he did not believe Gordon had any balls and, in fact, was “jealous” of his balls.

There simply was no end to their ranting. Maybe they will do better in the tee shirt business than they have done in the restaurant business. Time will tell! One thing is for sure. It does not sound like too much has changed in the last year. Amy and Samy are still just as arrogant, belligerent, and crazy as ever. Kitchen Nightmares revisited Amy’s Baking Company to see how the business was doing since they appeared on the show, and immediately, it was obvious that nothing had changed. Amy and Samy are as deluded as they ever were!

Opinion By Donna W. Martin

BuzzFeed
Huffington Post
Phoenix New Times

9 Responses to "Kitchen Nightmares Revisited Amy’s Baking Company"

1. nada   June 18, 2014 at 10:37 am

Suck my dick Amy

2. Pete   April 29, 2014 at 4:17 pm

That dirty old Arab is obsessed with Amy so keeps blowing smoke up her arse.
    That’s the problem.

3. Diane Bujold   April 18, 2014 at 11:20 am

OMG!!! I just watched the show and could not believe how much this woman, Amy, looks and sound like the slave driver I worked for at a horse farm last summer! I can’t help but compare the both, so indulge me for a second while I vent. The woman in Kitchen Nightmares, Amy – and her lap dog husband – is in complete denial about, not only her crappy food, but also her belligerent holier-than-thou attitude, insulting and condescending ways, and mean spirited nature. And they keep their hard working staff’s tips on top of that! Wow! Really sounds like this creepy woman I slaved for from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm without as much as a morsel of food for compensation last summer. This ‘whack job’ not only took complete advantage of me and made me work like her personal slave, but also completely went against our initial arrangement and never let me ride her horse even once but instead I had to work hard labor all day for no pay, no food, and her constant complaint that she had to pick me up at the train station. And on top of it all, she stole my brand new gear that I had bought to ride at her farm and had the nerve to admit giving it away to someone else, blamed me for it not being in my possession, and totally refused to pay me back for it. Gees! These two weirdoes should be sisters! Is this a special breed of witches or what??? lol

4. Barbara   April 16, 2014 at 10:58 pm

These people are completely nuts. They keep calling everyone names but get mad when they are called names. She wont stop talking 90 miles per hour. I would never go to their restaurant Even on Dr. Phil they were very defensive and don’t think they are wrong so will never change. Not very nice people. I really feel bad for the young kids who work for them.

5. bebe   April 14, 2014 at 10:16 pm

THEY ARE 2 SAD PEOPLE THAT DO NOT NEED TO BE WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC. WORSE IS THE FACT THAT THEY TRULY BELIEVE THEY ARE RIGHT. REGARDLESS OF WHAT IS SAID. BESIDES IF HE GETS DEPORTED WHAT WILL SHE DO THEN? SEEMS TO ME NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THE DOORS SHOULD CLOSE PERMANETLY. I HAVE LOTS MORE RESPECT FOR GORDAN FOR STANDING UP TO THEM, AND NOT GOING TO THE RESTAURANT HIMSELF. HE IS A VERY BRAVE MAN TO PUT UP WITH THAT CRAP FROM ANYONE. BLESS HIM FOR TRYING TO HELP THOSE SAD FOLKS.

6. karla   April 14, 2014 at 10:51 am

The best way for them to completely go out of business is for people to not even go there. Amy stated that people come in just to look around and then leave. Why?? Boycott the place entirely and see where they are in another year. They obviously have not changed, nor will they. They are crazed and arrogant individuals who would be better off not owning any business where customer service was performed or expected.

7. mike J   April 13, 2014 at 11:46 am

From what I’ve seen is their inability to cook, listen, take direction and listen to one of the top chef’s inthe world. If her husband has enough money to keep the restaurant going then they are not profitable they are ignorant to how to run a business. It is costing them money to run a sinking business. Sad truly sad.

8. Kathy   April 13, 2014 at 2:03 am

If it is so bad and they are so hated, why are they still in business? Restaurants go out of business from online reviews alone. They had horrible publicity all over and they are still in business. Is this foreal

• tani   April 13, 2014 at 9:46 am

Samy said that he had enough money to keep the business afloat