Harry Styles Upset Over Bandmates Marijuana Video

Harry styles
Harry Styles is reportedly upset over his One Direction bandmates appearing in a video while smoking and discussing marijuana. The bandmates in question were Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik. Remaining band members Niall Horan and Liam Payne were not involved in the incident.

The five minute video, filmed by Tomlinson, portrays Malik smoking what appears to be a marijuana joint, while the two of them discuss the subject. One of the two men riding in the front of the vehicle was asking if they were allowed to discuss contraband in the vehicle. Tomlinson is heard asking Malik how the alleged marijuana joint tastes.

Styles is allegedly furious with the pair, feeling that they put the band’s North America leg of their current tour in jeopardy. The five boys are set to kick off in Toronto on August 1, 2014. Styles holds fear that what he calls Tomlinson and Malik’s reckless actions may possibly cost them the entire North American tour altogether. He is concerned that North American immigration authorities may block the boys from having entry into the continent in order to make an example of them and put a stop to the current trend of drug using celebrities crossing the border.

The 20 year-old Worcestershire born heartthrob is not the only one who is upset over his bandmates filming the marijuana video. Tomlinson’s father has reportedly expressed his deep disappointment in his son’s actions, expressing his view that fame and fortune has changed him, and not for the better. The father believes that achieving such a large level of international status at such a young age has warped his son’s view on what acceptable behavior is, and that Tomlinson needs a serious talking to concerning the incident. Tomlinson had allegedly made previous vows never to use drugs or get a tattoo (of which the singer has around 28 of so far).

The reaction among One Direction fans is mixed, although the consequences of Tomlinson and Malik’s actions can so far be classified as severe. Many young fans have conveyed disgust and shame for the boy’s actions, even going so far as to burn their tickets to the aforementioned North American leg of the Where We Are tour. On the other hand, the copycat effect that parents dread occurring to their impressionable young has reportedly already started to occur. One Direction fans as young as 11 have already taken to social media to express their desire to begin smoking cannabis due to Malik looking attractive while doing so, one of them claiming that it was “the hottest thing to ever exist”.

Concerned parents also have their work cut out for them in terms of shielding their children from the reality of Tomlinson and Malik’s video of alleged drug use. The concept of having to explain to their children that using drugs is not acceptable (and for some parents of younger One Direction fans, having to explain what drugs are to begin with), is not one that is easily accepted by most parents. They, too, are angry with the two boys for exposing this way of life to the youth who idolized them to no end, who were convinced the five boys could do no wrong. The band’s squeaky clean image has been tarnished for parents, and in a way that is not easily rectifiable.

There is also the possibility that this recent incident will cause a rift in the band, possibly resulting in separation. The rumors that the band is splitting up have been circulating for months, beginning when Styles expressed his intent to record a solo album. However, there are reports that the band is under contract for two more albums, although it is unclear how recent events will affect this. The manager of the Best Song Ever chart-toppers, legendary producer and former American Idol judge Simon Cowell, has yet to respond to the matter.

Although Harry Styles is undoubtedly upset over his bandmates marijuana video, it is unclear how the clip will affect their upcoming North American tour. It is clear, however, that the decision the two boys made is not sitting well with the public.

By Rebecca Grace

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Metro

25 Responses to "Harry Styles Upset Over Bandmates Marijuana Video"

1. Jacqueline   April 25, 2015 at 2:47 am

You are right. We all love one direction — I guess its just youth and inexperience is the reason behind their lack of wisdom in making sound judgments. We should all listen to our elders: after all, they have been around longer and us and they probably know more than us.

2. Jacqueline   April 25, 2015 at 2:44 am

I love Harry Styles the most, and you are right. They are ignoring wisdom and sound judgment, two attributes which the Lord GOD honors and loves. “Wisdom is the principle thing, therefore get wisdom, and with all thine getting get understanding.” ~The Holy Bible. Unfortunately GOD will hold accountable those who display themselves as bad examples.

3. Jazzy   September 3, 2014 at 7:19 am

Please never do this again! Your fans love u. I love u. Smoking can only lead to bad things. We all know you just want to have fun and have that rush feeling, but this isn’t the way to get it. Go skydiving, bungyjumping, something else besides smoking. Just please stop smoking. If you wont do it for yourself, do it for your directioners. Do it for me.

4. Maron   June 2, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I am really surprised AND upset about the matter. When I first heard and saw the video,I was really confused because 1. I thought Zayn quit smoking and 2 I really never expected Louis to do such a thing like this. They’ve been in North America before, so they should know that marihuana is ILLEGAL in North America. I’m really sad and disappointed in them. Maybe the fame got to their head,but I still look at the positive things as well. I supported them still,but Louis and Zayn should really be cautious about things like this.

5. jodi   June 2, 2014 at 9:55 am

im a directioner and i will support them we as directioners should show them that they are not in this alone only our love can help them even if we tweet them a million times to show that us tru directioners will never fail to stop loving them

6. jodi   June 1, 2014 at 3:11 am

yessy i did surport jb he was my first celeb crush and today i still surport him on hes bad behavier and i still love him no matter what he does in life GO BIELIEBERS im a directioner as well so i will do what ever it takes

• Michaela   June 7, 2014 at 1:36 am

So you support them because they are hot and are your ‘celeb crush’?! Really?! What kind of 12 year old carp is that? What they did was illegal and morally wrong. I like one direction because of their MUSIC not because they are good looking. Which by the way is why they get frustrated because so many people want to ask questions like who are you dating, what do you like in a girl, would you ever date a fan?. They never ask questions about the music which is what they are about, not what they want in a girlfriend. I could understand that part of it and how they are tired of being portrayed as teeny bopper boy banders and who keeps getting treated like they should act like 15 year olds at 22. However, this is just not right. Like it or not your fan base is 10-12 year old girls who would do anything to please you even if it meant smoking pot. It’s sad to say but the truth is most of the time the love and awe of the fans start to wear off and all the pop stars think is ‘Ugh this is such a burden I never have any privacy!’. Sad but true. I am honestly not surprised by this though to be honest because I already knew they were smoking pot. All the signs were there. Red blotchy eyes, really high strung, sunk in features, breakouts, not caring about appearance. The only thing I am surprised at though was that it was just weed and not cocaine.

7. Yessy   May 31, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I’m sorry but when was this kind of support when Justin smoked once? People were saying he did not deserve a second chance yet some people are willing to let go of this issue?

8. jodi   May 31, 2014 at 9:51 am

@randtayfour i agree we as diretioners should show them that we are in this all together even if we have tweet them a million times to show that they are not alone couse only our love can help them im not sure if you are awake or asleep couse im acually from south africa

9. jodi   May 31, 2014 at 9:33 am

harry has every right to be furious with loui and zayn but we all people deserve a second chance in life we as directioners should try with all our love for them and help them even if we have to send zayn and loui a million tweets a day to get it in there heads

10. Huelleh   May 31, 2014 at 7:44 am

Well im a directioner and this is bad but we must remember that zayn used to smoke so its not all that surprising

11. forlovee   May 31, 2014 at 4:49 am

I totally understand why harry is upset we all are! Yes they made a mistake. A big one infact but that does not mean that you should rip or burn your tickets, it doesnt make them different people the are still the boys we all fell in love with. And parents should be the ones to teach their children what to do and not let them to only be under the influence of celebs!! All those who say that they arent fans because of this anymore were never directioners. Cuz us directioners will always stay with the boys for better or for worst. ✌

12. rand   May 31, 2014 at 4:42 am

But people remember that if someone you love fell you need to hold them up but not pulling them deeper .this message is for all who cares plz help me pull up awarness for people and help louis and zain .follow me on my twitter to make a trend @randtayfour

13. Kimmie (@Stylin_4ever)   May 31, 2014 at 2:37 am

I feel sorry for the fact Louis and Zayn cant have ANYTHING PRIVATE and as a mother of three its not up to One Direction to teach your kids whats right and whats wrong or to be an individual and not someone who follows what celebs do.just my opinion and no I DONT smoke not even cigarettes it should be about the music.

14. Jade xo   May 31, 2014 at 12:12 am

I agree 100% about this comment!!!
    Louis, Zayn please please realise that what you have done was not good or funny and try turn things around!

15. musicislifeonedirection   May 30, 2014 at 11:59 pm

I understand why Harry is upset. Louis and Zayn should know that smoking is horrible for you. 1D fans ripped and burned there tickets because of this. I’m still a directioner, i’m not leaving because they were smoking marijuana. We already kne e that Zayn, Louis and Liam smoked.

16. laraye   May 30, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I just can’t believe this I love 1d plz stop this think about what your fans will say a girl ripped up her 1d tickets just because of this

17. Shamajalai Figaro   May 30, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I’m really upset about the video and I feel bad for the fans and for Niall, Harry,and Liam.It’s hard because you love One Direction so much.The only advice I can give is to stay strong for everyone.Maybe Louis and Zayn will finally man up and apologized for their ”stupid and reckless” behavior.

18. Breanna   May 30, 2014 at 6:54 pm

the reason why I loved you guys so much was becouse I thought you were gentlemen, but I guess not even 1D is different . thank god their is still Harry, Niall and Liam to look up tom

19. amanda   May 30, 2014 at 6:33 pm

It was all a joke though everyone was raving about it on tumblr then the next day it was explained at louis and zayn ranking them ot wasnt marijuana it was rolled cigarettes I dontknow if its true or not but from the exposure to this time of thing in my own school I can tell thats not what a blunt looks like unless your cheap cause I have literally walked around a corner at school and saw kids rolling blunts and smoking but I do know very well what rolled cigarettes look like too cause my sister smokers them but oh well it could be either one you never know u ntill one of the two come out with a statement on weather or not ir s true.
    I still dont get why people obsess over famous people doing it when thes thousands maybe more people who do this every day alot of them are medical marijuana users too. Dont you think that if was actually as bad as they say then they wouldent use it as a medicine?
    But still if your gonna worry with famous people doing it why not worry boutbpeople like little Wayne and other rappers that not only smoke it but sing songs about it which also influences the minds of children yet you let them listen to it? I have never heard one song by one direction even mention a drug or any type of smokeing in general.
    and yes zayn did try to stop smoking but its not as easy as people think once you start somethong its quite hard to quit it.
    just think about the thousands of people across America using, growing, or selling the drug be for you give them hell about it.

20. Alana   May 30, 2014 at 6:19 pm

this is why everyone loves Harry Niall and Liam there’s a good ones. they actually know the difference between good and bad in there some of the youngest. Beside Liam

21. Jo   May 30, 2014 at 5:44 pm

Thank you Harry! I am very disappointed. 3 yrs ago the whole band was quirky and fun innocent, and it has only been 3 yrs why all of a sudden want to mature so fast. Drugs are no fun. Stop it! Luvs to you Harry for sticking up for your mates.

22. Alison   May 30, 2014 at 5:28 pm

WOW… LOUISSS! ZAYNNN! I STILL LOVE ONE DIRECTION AS MUCH AS I USED TO AND STILL WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER IN A GROUP!!! BUT I THOUGHT ZAYN SAID HE WILL STOP SMOKING OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT…IDK. IM SAD THAT THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE I NEVER EXPECTED IT! I STILL LOVE THEM ALOT AND DON’T WANT THEIR TOUR TO BE RUINED. I STILL LOVE 1D NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. NOTHING CAN CHANGE MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THEMMMM!!! I BARELY LISTEN TO ANY OTHER SONG! I ONLY LISTEN TO 1D SONGS IDK WHY.. IF ONE DIRECTION ENDS, IM GOING TO CRY FOREVERRRR!! I DONT WANT 1D TO LOOSE THEIR FANS AND PARENTS TO HATE THEM. I STILL BELIEVE IN THEM! ~ Alison

23. lucy ronald   May 30, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Im really shocked by the two lads I mean they must have at least resect for there “clean” reputation and pretty proud that harry has got in and manybe try to convince the guys that fame isn’t a game

24. megan 1wq   May 30, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Harry i thank you for not approving of zayn and louis. Actions really i’m proud there is still three in the group to belive in i lost a lot of respect for zayn and louis and i’m very disappointed in them