Pastor Le’Andria Johnson Slammed for Cursing and Drinking on Periscope

Le'AndriaWinner of BET’s Sunday Best, Le’Andria Johnson, is under fire again for questionable behavior. During Labor Day weekend, the singer chose to broadcast herself drinking and cursing for nearly 10 minutes on Periscope. Many in the Christian community have slammed the pastor for this behavior while others have compared her to King David of the Bible. As Le’Andria interacted with her followers during the live recording she responded defensively to critics and admitted to drinking Patron.

As Le’Andria continued to film herself she began dancing and singing while responding to the live feed of questions and comments from those she called fans. The It’s Gonna Be Alright singer said if she was in a club drinking Patron her face would be plastered all over Media TakeOut, but she is 32-years-old and drinking in her own home which she pays $4250.00 to live in. The pastor then told her critics that instead, she decided to “turn up” in her own house and advised whoever had a problem with it to exit the broadcast. She added:

We have been controlled by this religious beast all of our lives. At the end of the day, there are real people out here with real issues, living in a real world and serving a real God. I am not hiding anything from y’all because I am not scared of y’all. I am not scared of anybody and I am who I am. God forgives me and allows me to be forgiven 70 times 7. His grace is sufficient and is enough for me… Which means, ‘Let the party began!’ The problem is Christians have been around fake people too long. ‘How can you judge me when you do the same thing just in private?’

As many would expect, the Christian community is outraged by the pastor’s behavior. Le’Andria, CEO of Imperfect People Changing Ministries (IPC), lives by the model of the non-profit religious organization she founded. At IPC the singer teaches the congregants that people live with imperfections every day, some big and others small, but at this church they are all just people of God encouraging others with love and kindness to follow Christ as they strive for perfection. Le’Andria believes she is just keeping real, however, others within the Christian community have slammed her behavior because they do not believe cursing and drinking during a live broadcast reflects someone striving to “live right.”

Le'AndriaAs unorthodox as the Jesus singer’s behavior may have been, it has caused a serious dialogue to surface among those who claim to be followers of Christ. Is there such a thing as being too real? If a person does not expose to the public everything that done privately, are they fake? Once anyone chooses to broadcast live on Periscope, is this still considered the ‘privacy’ of one’s own home? While some have paused to ponder these questions, others have jumped to the conclusion that without a doubt LeAndria’s behavior is inappropriate.

One this is certain, people who live in the spotlight are not allowed the fortune of processing life in private. Many of their struggles and issues are lived out on a platform for the whole world to see and draw their own conclusions. God does forgive, unfortunately, far too often his followers do not. Le’Andria is a “beast” on the microphone and unquestionably talented. There is a biblical verse (Romans 11:29) which reads, “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.” This means that God does not change his mind about what he has called a person to do and when a person is gifted along a certain line, God does not retract the gift.  A person’s actions can limit the opportunities to share the gift, but the gift remains.

The newest social media craze, Periscope, allows members to broadcast live 24 hours a day. While this is a dream for many in search of another platform of expression it has caused Le’Andria to be slammed by the Christian community for cursing and drinking during a live broadcast. Thousands of viewers witnessed the Season 3 Sunday Best winner for nearly 10 minutes as she blasted Drunk In Love in the background while drinking Patron and cursing. The singer admitted earlier in her career that she battled with alcoholism and depression, is this a sign that rehab is necessary or just a case of keeping it 100?

by Cherese Jackson (Virginia)

Praise 102.5: LeAndria Johnson Explains Why She Curse & Drank Online
Gospel Break: Pastor Leandria Johnson Keeping it A Little Too Real On Periscope?

Photo Credits:

Inside Images Courtesy of Facebook
Featured Image Courtesy of YouTube

29 Responses to "Pastor Le’Andria Johnson Slammed for Cursing and Drinking on Periscope"

1. Huskey   March 23, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Sin not cast first stone.

2. Jametris Adams   March 23, 2016 at 7:21 pm

It’s hard to go through things in the public eye, but there are still ways to deal with your weakness. Wrong is wrong and prayfully one day this test will be a testimony. Be a light!

• Wanda sease   March 24, 2016 at 11:59 am

Leave Leandria alone pray for her i am quite sure somebody prayed for u he who is without sin cast the first stone theres only one judge and juror God.

3. Wanda sease   March 16, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Leave Lee Andrea alone and pray for her stop worrying about what she does or doesn’t do that’s for God to judge and not you you don’t know what she is dealing with on the inside leave her alone if you can’t say anything good about her don’t say anything

4. Wanda sease   March 16, 2016 at 9:12 pm

There is only one judge and that is God instead of and I am praying for you my name is Wanda C brow beating her down you really need to pray for her you don’t know what is going on on her insides stop looking at the outside and pray for her God bless you Leandria and I am praying for you my name is Wanda Sease wanda s e a s e

5. Wanda sease   March 16, 2016 at 9:07 pm

It is not for me to judge there is only one judge and that is God I’m not excusing her behavior I’m just saying pray for her instead of talking about her

6. Nicole Myhre   February 19, 2016 at 9:19 am

I agree with Leandria – enough of the fake shallow Christianity – that’s not what Jesus preached – he preached mercy and forgiveness far above judgment and begrudgery

7. elainesewell   February 5, 2016 at 12:05 am

This is a prime example of taking the lord thou God name in vain, because if you take on his name for your own glory not his you are taking his name in vain. The bible say we are the light of the world and for us not to comform to tne world. The world suppose to be transformed by the light. Being in the public eye and a minister and a so called light she will be held accountable for justifying this behavior to some lost soul.

8. Think   February 2, 2016 at 9:41 am

Lord, I lift us ALL up to you and I asked that You reveal Yourself to us like never before, we just need to really know You!

9. Think   February 2, 2016 at 9:39 am

Wow… I’m surprised, this is my first day of hearing about LaAndria. I don’t know what to say but Jesus, Jesus, Jesus… help us all !

It’s getting tough out there so we need to look to Jesus with all of our might. I just don’t know what to say but Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!

10. Anna   January 30, 2016 at 4:47 pm

The devil ment this for bad but I believe God ment it for good, your no phoney no doubt that you love the Lord and you’re called for his purpose, and for you’re cousin If God came while you were drinking he would probably do the same thing he did the first time Turn water into wine for a bunch of already drunk people Ha Ha

11. Rae   December 21, 2015 at 1:21 am

Let The Lord deal with her. She’s justifying her drinking & C using by saying, “God forgives me and allows me to be forgiven 70 times 7. His grace is sufficient and is enough for me…”. She has reached that level yet. (Sarcasm) What if everyone thought the same way? I’m sure there are some people with worse sins. No 1 sin is greater than the other, but she’s the one that needs the support of fans to be able to pay that $4250 house payment or rent. And in order for her to have the fam base she has to perform or speak. Who wants to hear her sing or preach under the influence? I’m not judging, but stating the obvious.
    I notice now when she goes on one of her rants or is filming while sitting in bar throwing back a few, she, her “husband”, or P.R. deletes the video. I know she’s grown, but the husband seems to be just riding her coattail. ijs Another Whitney & Bobby situation. Idk. Whatever. My money stopped flowing in that direction. She was here in Orlando/Longwood and I was in the area but didn’t want to see her. I’ll continue praying that she’ll turn around.

12. Cynthia Wegmann   December 14, 2015 at 10:19 am

Leave her alone
    Let the Lord finish his work in her
    Whosoever will let them come

13. Pingback: Go home social media, I’m drunk. | The Bells and the Beat

14. Lady L   October 23, 2015 at 6:42 am

God commands us all to be ye Holy, for he is Holy. If we are going to profess to be a follower of Christ, then our behavior must say the same whether we are home or in public. Ms. Johnson has to realize that her gift is just a gift but you cannot go to heaven on the heals of a gift. Gifts cometh without repentance. Yes, we all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, but the scripture tells us we must repent in order to be forgiven by our Almighty God. Being arrogant and defensive about our sins is not the way to forgiveness. It is hard enough to keep the faith but even harder when you see those who portray themselves as a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, doing everything contrary to the scripture. There seems to be no remorse on her end and in fact, she is attempting to justify her behavior. Now we see the “Real” Le”Andria Johnson surface. God help her soul.

15. Ola   October 22, 2015 at 2:16 pm

I am sorry everyone saying pray, there is a time for everything, sometimes its better to speak truth and take action. Jesus himself said the truth shall set you free. Someone that loves her needs to speak to her truthfully. That is not condemnation, if it was then all the writers of the new testament are guilty of condemnation. A minister of the gospel is held to higher accountability that a normal christian.

16. Ola   October 22, 2015 at 2:05 pm

@ Debbie Allen, you said it all. Anyone that sins and justifies it by comparing themselves to David is not like David. When David was confronted with his sin, what was his attitude, he was remorseful and repentant. He wasn’t defensive at all. I feel sorry for God’s children today, especially those ones in America that are just coming up because of the examples they have. I pray the Holy Spirit himself will teach them in Jesus name. I pray God will touch and convict leandria and I pray she will encounter God’s spirit in Jesus name

17. Laverne   October 22, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Cousin, Cousin, Cousin……LeAndria, you know better. We were raised and taught holiness by our parents, grandparents, etc. Sin is sin whether it’s in your “expensive” home that you pay for so you say, or in a homeless shelter…. it’s still sin. Either you get in or get out. Don’t play with God. Stop trying to justify your behavior, if the Lord came while you were drinking and cussing, in “hell” you would lift your eyes. (point blank) whether you were in your home or out on the street. The Matriach’s of our family (your grandmother Julia and aunt Vanette) would be rolling in their graves if they were to have heard you. I guess no one wants to tell you that you are dead wrong but I certainly will. Wrong is wrong and you my cousin was dead wrong. It does not take you drinking and cussing to draw sinners to God. You need to turn up and turn to Jesus.

18. Shamika   September 27, 2015 at 6:25 am

Pray there are too many people speculating and not praying. To whom much is giving much is required. She needs covering in these times. Let God arise and the enemies be scattered.

19. Debbie Allen   September 22, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Leandria Johnson is loved by many and I love her as well but holiness is STILL right! Let every man be a liar and God’s Word be true. We are striving to live holy but the enemy is using her to blaspheme God and His people. She needs deliverance. There is a difference in making a mistake.. We have God’s grace but she is playing on the grace of God and that is scary when we lose the fear of God. Yes God is merciful but their is a judgement side of Him that we don’t want to experience. I pray for her mind before its too late because the enemy wants to destroy her and others as well. It’s one thing if she admits she needs deliverance but she justifies her sins. You cannot compare yourself to David..David sinned but he confessed his sin and asked God to create in him a CLEAN heart and renew the right spirit within him. Gifts and callings are without repentance. In the end we don’t God to say you prophesied in my name, cast out devils but I never knew you.

20. [email protected]   September 22, 2015 at 2:46 pm

I, am praying for this woman of God. I know God is able to heal this situation. This is an anointed vessel, it’s very apparent for when she sings you feel the holy ghost. We need to pray and ask God for her healing. Come on saints, let’s do it. Love you Le’andria, and I trust God….

21. Lynne Turner   September 21, 2015 at 7:28 am

As Clergy, we must uphold a standard of integrity. The “world” is already looking for reasons NOT to be saved, and unfortunately, too many that have been blessed with a platform where millions can be reached, are very selfish with what God has given them and it becomes more about them than it does God. Le’Andria does not represent the type of Christian I am, am I perfect? Absolutely not, none is perfect BUT God, but God has given us both to will and to do of HIS good pleasure, so the ability to do is in us, but the Word says that we cannot serve two masters. It says bitter and sweet cannot come out of the same fountain, and that we are to abstain form the very appearance of evil. If she is in the Word, she would know these things and would not try to lean to (or influence others to) her own understanding. As a “Pastor” the Word says that the blood of those lost due to them being a stumbling block, would be required at their hands (paraphrase), that is a HUGE responsibility to take so cavalier. We must pray.

22. Ms.Pam   September 18, 2015 at 10:18 am

It’s a shame we as people of God would allow Christian living to be laughed at. The truth of the matter is, God has people who are living a Christian life, not cursing, not drinking. Because they are working on there flesh. If you are not preaching the word of God, you are sending people that don’t know the truth to hell. If you want to go to hell, go on, but you get out of the pulpit and you get saved and delived.

23. Ruby   September 17, 2015 at 7:04 am

That’s a spirit controlling her she is not aware what she us saying. Keep praying for her.

24. Liberty Tabernacle   September 16, 2015 at 10:52 am

Because grace should sin much more abound the bible says God forbid

25. Chelle   September 15, 2015 at 7:19 am

This is another attempt by the enemy to make people believe that believers don’t have power over their flesh… These people are not sick they are walking in the spirit of rebellion! They need to be delivered!! U can’t counsel it out of them, nor can u preach it out.They have to want to be delivered and then they are a candidate for deliverance. I really doubt if she has ever been truly saved. She is dangerous to the body of Christ and to those who are following her. They believe that foolishness! She is doubleminded and unstable in all her ways…There is no true repentance in her radio interview.. This behavior is of someone who does not have the fear of the LORD at ALL! We do need to pray for her and those that believe what she’s preaching. Just because a person can sing gospel songs that can move a crowd doesn’t make them a woman of God…In her interview she talked about David and Paul in the bible to justify her bad behavior. Unbelievable!!! When David was caught he repented. Psalm 51 and apostle Paul the same. These men suffered great persecution for their sins. Only Christ can justify us and only when there is true repentance. People use “woman of God” to loosely….

26. Elaine Pridgen   September 14, 2015 at 9:27 pm

I pray that we saints of God near and far from her will pray for her restoration and her deliverance instead of falling also into the share of the Fowler by slamming this woman of God. Yes, she’s still Gods woman and we seem to forget so soon that we too have so short comings. This woman of God needs our help; she may need rehab for her drinking problem and this is a cry for help. The bible tells us that the same people that shouted Hosana when Jesus rode in on the donkey were the same people who shouted crucify Him and hung Him on the cross. When sister Leandre appears to be doing well people appear to love her; now when she needs us the most instead of helping her according to the Word of God that states, “if you see your sister or brother fall into sin those that are spiritual are to restore them not tear them down and put your foot on their neck. Those of us that are talking negative about her are no better off because the devil has bewitched you into sin too. I’m not in any way condoning the behavior nor am I condemning her where she fell short. If you can’t help her at least keep your mouth off of the Woman of God except to intercede on her behalf; if you really know how to pray, pray for your sister; I certainly will. God bless you.
    *Jesus loves and forgives us all when we repent. How do we you know she hasn’t done so already?

27. Elaine Robison   September 14, 2015 at 1:32 pm

This is a attack from the devil on the church, Jesus didn’t die this horrible death so that we may continue to bound in sin. He die so that we can be free from sin. So the man that doesn’t go to church but he curses, drinks and do other things is going to hell but because I go to church I can continue to sin and its ok. God forbid. So what is the purpose for going to church? Christ can to change our lives! We sing and talk about how Awesome God is and you mean He can’t keep us from sinning. We are in bad shape. The devil is lying to people making them think that they can’t live right but I beg the different, Peter let them know in Acts 2:38 what we need to do to live right in this wicked world. God is not a man that he should lie. He tells us to be holy for he is holy. Le’andria needs much prayer because she is deceiving the people. Time is to short, hell is to hot, eternal is to long and my soul is to precious to be fool by this mess. God loves us yes but he also what us to love him back by being obedient to his word.

Please tell me how she is doing this in the privacy of her own home when she’s broadcast it for all to see! The Lord is soon to come don’t be fool!

28. Pingback: Pastor Le'Andria Johnson Slammed for Cursing and Drinking on Periscope - My Retort