The royals and specifically Kate Middleton’s recent embarrassment, which resulted from the publication of the Duchess in topless nude photos are getting a little help from one of the owners of the “Irish Daily Star,” Richard Desmond.
Reportedly, Desmond has begun immediate steps to close down his joint venture with the “Star.”
That said, the Italian magazine which plans to publish more topless pictures of the Duchess of Cambridge has some 200 images of the future queen sunbathing naked, it has emerged.
Chi announced it is preparing a 26-page special edition tomorrow featuring 50 intimate photographs of Kate Middleton on holiday in France.
It comes as a furious Prince William revealed he wants those responsible for taking and printing the pictures of his wife to be jailed.
But the defiant editor of Chi has Tweeted that ‘not even a direct call from the Queen’ would stop him from publishing the pictures.
Former Latin teacher-turned-journalist Signorini, 48, posted the message online after being posed the question by one of his followers on Twitter.
Mr Signorini said he was not afraid of any legal action in Italy because as far he was concerned the pictures were taken in a public place and there had been no invasion of privacy.
He added: ‘I am convinced by this scoop that Chi will be publishing on Monday because that is what we are talking about. These pictures are not offensive or in poor taste, they are not morbid and they do not damage the dignity of anyone.
‘Instead the pictures that were published in Britain of Prince Harry were exactly that – if I didn’t recognize the journalistic value of what I had then if I did not publish them I would be better off in a market selling artichokes.
‘These pictures were taken while the couple was on a terrace and they were taken from a public place so there is no suggestion of an invasion of privacy.’
The royal couple is trying to halt the publication of the photographs in Chi, owned by former Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, and are struggling to prevent them being printed elsewhere around the world.
Lawyers for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will appear in court in Paris tomorrow to try to prevent further publication of topless photographs of Kate. They will also be seeking legal damages against French Closer magazine.
Publications in America and Germany are believed to be considering using them.
Meanwhile, a photographer who filmed the Duchess of Cambridge sunbathing at the French chateau was last night revealed as a woman whose name is pronounced ‘sewer.’
Valerie Suau took pictures of Kate in her swimsuit, but not, she says, topless. She described her pictures, published in France’s La Provence regional newspaper, as ‘all decent.’
The duke and duchess looked happy as they ventured into the Borneo jungle yesterday – just hours after The Irish Daily Star followed French magazine Closer by printing the naked pictures in an edition in the Republic of Ireland.
A spokesman for St James’s Palace said the decision by the Irish Daily Star was ‘motivated by greed.’
Media baron Richard Desmond, whose company Northern & Shell co-owns the Irish Daily Star with the Dublin-based Independent News & Media, has reacted furiously and vowed to shut the newspaper down.
He said: ‘I am very angry at the decision to publish these photographs and am taking immediate steps to close down the joint venture.
‘The decision to publish these pictures has no justification whatever and Northern & Shell condemns it in the strongest possible terms.’
The newspaper’s editor, Mike O’Kane, had earlier defended the publication.
He said: ‘The Duchess would be no different to any other celeb pics we would get in, for example Rihanna or Lady Gaga.
‘She’s not the future queen of Ireland so really the only place this is causing fury seems to be in the UK, and they are very very tasteful pictures.’
Despite their obvious strains, the duke and duchess appeared relaxed as they began the next leg of their Diamond Jubilee tour today after flying from Malaysia to the remote South Pacific nation of the Solomon Islands.
The royal couple arrived in the capital Honiara where they were given a traditional welcome complete with garlands of flowers and warriors in traditional dress.
The Queen’s official representative on the Solomon Islands, Governor-General Sir Frank Kabui, and his wife Lady Grace Kabui greeted the pair along with Prime Minister Gordon Darcy Lilo.
William and Kate then rode on an open-topped vehicle, shaped as a traditional canoe with a leaf roof canopy, to St Barnabas Cathedral where they were due to attend a Jubilee thanksgiving service for the Queen.
Royal aides have drawn parallels between the late Princess of Wales’ most upsetting encounters with certain elements of the press and the ‘unthinkable’ actions of Closer, which left Kate and William feeling ‘anger and disbelief.’
Last night, the palace announced that lawyers would be pursuing the matter through the French courts.
It is understood that the royal couple’s aim is to prevent further use of the images and to seek damages.
But it has now emerged Prince William is keen to take criminal action and has vowed to give evidence at a trial.
In a short statement issued yesterday, the palace said: ‘St James’s Palace confirms that legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge against the publishers of Closer Magazine France.’
The royal couple have the sympathy of Downing Street, with a source close to David Cameron saying that Number 10 ‘echoes the sadness of the palace’ over the publication of the pictures.
The decision by both Chi, and the Irish Daily Star, comes despite St James’s Palace describing the publication of the photos of Kate in French magazine Closer yesterday as a ‘grotesque and totally unjustifiable’ invasion of privacy.
Kate and William were staying at the Chateau d’Autet, deep in the Provence countryside east of Avignon, when the pictures were taken from a public road less than half-a-mile from the former hunting lodge, close to the medieval village of Viens.