Robberies 018th District (Near North)
About the Crime:
This alert gives notice to citizens living or visiting the 018th District (Near North) of an increase in robbery related incidents that have occurred during the month of January. In these incidents, Female black offenders have engaged white males near neighborhood bars in the early morning hours. In HW115465, three f/b offenders took phones, money and a coat from the victim before entering a waiting black SUV and fleeing area. In HW111107, a f/b offender lured a m/w victim into a black SUV to party, where two male black offenders then demanded that the victim empty his pockets. The victim was then ordered out of the black SUV, which left the
vicinity. 2000 Block of N. Halsted Ave. on January 06, 2013 at approximately 2:30-3:00 AM 900 Block of W. Armitage Ave. on January 13, 2013 at approximately 2:30 AM.
About the Offenders:
Offender descriptions vary, but are generally described as: 1-3 F/B/27-28 associated with 1-2 M/B/ 20-30 driving black SUV, possibly a Pontiac. No weapons displayed in either case.
What you can do:
• Always be aware of your surroundings
• Report suspicious activity immediately
• If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
• Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie; scars, limp, acne, teeth)
• Never pursue a fleeing assailant, provide the information to the police
• If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
• Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area Central (312) 747-8380 RD # HW111107, HW115465 Reference: P13-1-009