Miley Cyrus Released From Hospital

CyrusPop star and party girl Miley Cyrus, 21 has been hospitalized for the past week following a serious allergic reaction; however, she is doing much better now and has been released from the hospital. While her current whereabouts have not been disclosed, she is scheduled to jet to Europe next week where she will resume her Bangerz tour.

Cyrus was hospitalized after suffering a severe allergic reaction to Cephalexin, which is an antibiotic that was given to her for a nasty sinus infection. After being admitted, Cyrus was saddened because she ended up having to cancel tour dates in seven cities, Kansas City, St. Louis, Nashville, Louisville, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and Uniondale due to her illness, and she was worried about disappointing her fans. However, she stayed active on Twitter throughout her hospital stay letting her fans know what was going. Feeling guilty for missing tour dates, Cyrus tweeted saying she was miserable and could not stop crying because all she really wanted to do was to go back on tour. As time went on, she became more upbeat and even cracked jokes.

Miley Cyrus spent approximately one week in the hospital before she was released, but her stay could have been in a lot longer. Severe allergic reactions can take up to nearly a month to recover from, but Cyrus bounced back pretty quick, most likely due to her age and overall health.

While she was hospitalized, the rumor mill started swirling making claims that she was in the hospital because of drug use and heart problems. It is easy to see how people could make such speculations. After all, Cyrus has openly made references to marijuana and other recreational drug use, and it is publicly known that she was born with a heart problem called tachycardia, which makes her heart beat faster than it would normally.

Cyrus was quick to shoot down the rumors saying her hospital stay had nothing to do with drugs or her heart. She had a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic she was given for a sinus infection, nothing more. She went on to demand that people stop spreading these lies because they were upsetting her family, friends, and fans.

One person that was upset and concerned about Cyrus’ health was her ex-fiancé, Liam Hemsworth. After hearing she had been hospitalized, he reached out, showing he still cared for her and to make sure she was doing okay.

Under the watchful eye of attentive hospital staff, Miley Cyrus was able to recover from the severe allergic reaction and has since been released from the hospital. She is ready to get back on tour where she can twerk, spit water on her fans, and do all the other crazy things she does while performing. She is expected to jet to Europe next week where she will resume her Bangerz tour. As for the missed U.S. dates, fans can still expect to see Cyrus later this year. She plans to schedule make up performances for all missed dates when she returns to the States in August.

Opinion By Donna W. Martin


US Magazine

You must be logged in to post a comment Login