Don't like to read?
The 68th annual Emmy Awards aired Sept. 18, 2016, at 7:00 p.m. EDT. According to ABC, Jimmy Kimmel is hosting this evening’s events from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California.
Nominees were announced on July 14, 2016, in a ceremony hosted by the Television Academy Chairman and CEO Bruce Rosenblum and Anthony Anderson from the ABC television show “Black-ish.” Lauren Graham from Parenthood and the revival of the new Gilmore Girls show on Netflix alongside Rosenblum and Anderson.
Nominees for Comedy Series
- ABC – “Black-ish” – ABC Studios
- Netflix – “Master of None” – Universal Television, Oh Brudder Productions, Alan Yang Productions, Fremulon Productions, and 3 Arts Entertainment.
- ABC – “Modern Family” – Picador Productions and Steven Levitan Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television.
- HBO – “Silicon Valley” – HBO Entertainment in association with Judgemental Films Alec Berg and 3 Arts Entertainment.
- Netflix – “Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” – Universal Television, Little Stranger, Inc., 3 Arts Entertainment, and Bevel Gears for Netflix.
- HBO – “Veep” – HBO Entertainment.
The excitement built as the audience waited for Larry David to announce who won tonight’s award. The winner for Outstanding Comedy Series is “Veep.” Larry David told plenty of jokes as he came on stage and before he announced the winner. The entire cast and crew came onto the stage to accept the Emmy Award.
Written by Tracy Blake
Edited by Cathy Milne
Emmys.com: 68th Emmy Awards Nominations
ABC Live Television: The 68th Emmy Awards
Image Courtesy of Maryland GovPics’ Flickr Page – Creative Commons License