Super Bowl LV is right around the corner. Many people have been gearing up for the game by gathering ingredients for the perfect snacktime treat. This article will give everyone a few great recipes for game time snacks.
The Best Nachos Recipe
For this snack recipe, one will need to gather the following ingredients.
Ingredients for the spice mix.
- Two tablespoons of chili powder
- One and a half teaspoons kosher salt
- One teaspoon of granulated garlic
- One teaspoon of granulated onion
- One teaspoon of ground cumin
- Half a teaspoon of dried oregano
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper
- Optional pinch of cayenne pepper
For the Nachos Snack:
- One teaspoon of vegetable oil
- One pound ground beef. 80:20 lean to fat ratio is the best.
- 16 ounces — Two cups — of refried beans. This can be from a can or homemade.
- One-fourth cup of water
- One large bag of tortilla chips
- Four ounces of grated cheddar cheese — Two cups — More will be needed for the topping
- Four ounces of grated ColbyJack cheese — Two cups — More will be needed for the topping
- One cup of pico de gallo — from the store or homemade — Additional will be needed for the topping
- One-fourth cup of chopped cilantro
- One sliced jalapeño. This can be fresh or pickled.
Additional Toppings One Can Place on Top of the Nacho Snack:
- Sour cream
- Canned black olives
- Sliced green onions
- Shredded lettuce
- Hot sauce
Now that all the ingredients have been gathered it time to make the snack. The oven will need to be preheated to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix all the ingredients for the spice mix.
Next heat up the vegetable oil on medium heat — in a frying pan — on high heat until it begins to simmer. Now add the ground beef and spice mix. As the meat begins to brown use a spoon or spatula to break the meat into crumble size.
Cook the meat for roughly eight minutes — until the meat is completely brown. Now it is time to drain the grease by using a colander.
After this has been done return the meat to the pan. Next, add the refried beans and the water. Now mix the ingredients until the beans are warm and smooth. Reduce the heat to low to keep the mixture warm as the chips are prepared.
Toast the chips on a casserole dish or sheet pan. To do this one must arrange the tortilla chips in a single layer with the chips overlapping just slightly. Once this has been done place the chips into the preheated oven for roughly five minutes. Remove the chips when the aroma begins to fill the air.
After carefully removing the pan from the oven — top with half of the shredded cheese. Allow the heat to melt the cheese a little bit. It is now time to add the meat and bean mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of this and place it back into the oven.
Bake until the cheese has been fully melted. Remove the tasty snack once again and add the pico de gallo, cilantro, jalapeño, and additional toppings. For best taste, serve the snack hot.
Stuffed Pizza Bites
The following ingredients are needed for this yummy snack.
- One tube (13.80 ounces) of refrigerated pizza crust
- One-fourth cup of chopped green pepper
- One-fourth cup of prepared ranch salad dressing
- Four cooked bacon strips that have been chopped
- Six ounces of finely chopped pepperoni
- Two teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- One cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- One-fourth cup shredded Romano cheese
- One-fourth of thinly sliced green onions
- Marinara or Alfredo sauce is optional for this snack — warmed up
To cook this snack one will need a muffin pan with 12 cups. Now the oven will need to be preheated to 350 degrees and the pan will need to be greased.
Unroll the pizza crust onto a lightly floured surface. Now spread the ranch within half an inch of the edges. Next sprinkle with cheeses, green onions, green pepper, pepperoni, bacon, and seasonings.
The next step for this snack is to roll up the topped crust into a role — jelly-roll style. Then the edges will need to be pinched closed. Afterward, the roll will need to be cut crosswise into 12 slices and placed into the greased muffin pan.
Now the snack will be placed into the oven and baked for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve the treat with the warmed up sauce of choice.
Pigs in a Blanket
For this quick and easy snack one will need the following ingredients:
- One eight-ounce tube of refrigerated crescent rolls.
- Eight hot dogs
- One lightly beaten egg
- One tablespoon of water
- The option of Caraway seeds
Once all the ingredients for this snack have been gathered — preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Now a person will need to separate the crescent dough into separate triangles. Next, place the hot dogs onto the wide ends of the crescent triangles and roll-up.
Now place them onto an ungreased baking sheet. Combine the water and egg together and brush over the rolls. A person can now sprinkle the caraway over the tops and lightly press into the rolls. Place the snack into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Serve this snack with people’s favorite condiment. For people who like cheese — this can be placed onto the triangle before the hot dogs.
These tasty snack recipes should be a hit for game day or any party.
Written by Sheena Robertson
Taste of Home: Pigs in a Blanket
Simply Recipes: The Best Nachos; by Marta Rivera
Taste of Home: Stuffed Pizza Bites
Featured Image Courtesy of Keith Walbolt’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inline Image Courtesy of Alejandro Lopez’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License
Inline Image Courtesy of Liza Lagman Sperl’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License