Cholesterol to Receive Pardon as Heart Health Culprit?

Cholesterol to Receive Pardon as Heart Health Culprit?

Cholesterol may soon receive a pardon from the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee (DGAC) if the 2015 guidelines discontinue the long-standing warning against high cholesterol foods as a culprit in heart health, as expected. Early drafts of the guidelines leave cholesterol off the list as a “nutrient of concern,” overturning more than four decades of caution and […]

Cholesterol: It Isn’t as Bad as You Think

Cholesterol: It Isn’t as Bad as You Think

A recent report from the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee is rethinking long-standing rules on the need to avoid high-cholesterol foods. The move to drop cautions about cholesterol in food will halt almost 40 years of government cautions about consuming cholesterol-laden foods. During the group’s last meeting five years ago, the panel stated that high-cholesterol was […]

Cholesterol Effects and Its Management

Cholesterol Effects and Its Management

The word Cholesterol brings to mind something that has several ill effects and is harmful for ones health. Cholesterol, in fact, is produced by the body itself for building cells and maintaining the organ functions. Liver significantly produces about 80% of the cholesterol and the other 20% is provided by food products such as dairy products, meat, […]