GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Issue (Poll)

GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Issue (Poll)

Ever since Rockstar Games opened up the GTA V Online Multiplayer mode fans have been in an uproar about all the issues that have plagued the gameplay. Server crashes; character deletions; items being lost; and when the server wasn’t crashing, it was not working properly. Chaos. Now, there is another “problem” with the online mode; the Bad Sport issue. If you go to the Rockstar Games support site you will find a lot of players are not happy gamers.

Some of them have threatened to boycott R* if they do not get rid of the feature.

So what is the issue? In the simplest terms possible, it is all about blowing personal cars up. It seems that players who have stuck in there waiting for the server issues to improve have now come across another issue that is rapidly becoming a major irritant. The Bad Sport penalty insures that players who don’t “play by the rules” are punished. They will be labelled a “Bad Sport” and given a duncecap so that other players can see they’ve been penalized.

That’s not all. They are banished to the GTA V version of jail and are put into a lobby or gameplay mode with all the other “Bad Sports.” These penalized players are not allowed to join their friends on missions until their penalty time is up. Reading the long list of complaints on the Rockstar support forum these banishments seem to last from two to 8 days or longer.

There are at least two petitions on the forum that demand Rockstar Games remove it or at least tweak the feature to stop it from punishing everyone who blows up a car. There are a large number of GTA V online multiplayers who do not see the Bad Sport issue as a problem. Several comments have pointed out that you do not get the penalty for blowing up one car. These players maintain that you have to blow up several cars to get the duncecap.

While this claim is, obviously, open to debate; players who have been hit with the Bad Sport label more than once or twice in the GTA V online multiplayer mode are upset. These “Bad Sports” claim that Rockstar have ruined the very idea, and the gameplay, of GTA.

They do have a point. In a game where the entire verse is set in a criminal Utopia that revolves around shooting, robbing, killing and causing rampant destruction, it does seem a little counterproductive. It also seems to be completely against the mechanics of the game. Players must save their money and rank up their characters to buy explosives. The same goes for purchasing a tank which has a pricetag of $1.5 million making this one pricey vehicular weapon.

The complaint from players maintain that it is infuriating to finally afford to buy explosives, and a tank, only to be penalized for using them. On the flip side of this argument about the tank is the idea of being penalized when other players drive their cars into your tank. When the cars explode as a result, it goes against the tank owner. On the forum comments from players who believe that the feature is fine combat players who feel it should be done away with.

Rockstar Games obviously don’t feel there is an issue as they took down the sticky note that rated this issue as a trending question. Player’s who don’t like the feature were enraged. That this is a pretty volatile issue can be seen by how many pages are dedicated to complaints, or support, for the Bad Sport feature. There are 27 pages full of comments in case you are interested.

With so many GTA V Online Multiplayer gamers are discussing, and arguing about, the Bad Sport issue, we got curious. We have included a poll below this article to see just where GTA V gamers fall on this newest “irritation” from Rockstar. There are only three choices in the poll so take a second and let us know what you think. If you don’t want to do that, just leave us a comment on your thoughts. We will do a result on how people really feel later. So what do you think? Are you mad or glad?

GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Issue
GTA V Bad Sport feature, does it make you glad or mad?

Rockstar Games

Metro

Rockstar Support

66 Responses to GTA V Online Multiplayer Bad Sport Issue (Poll)

1. Caleb March 27, 2014 at 8:57 am

Gta V’s online mode makes me so irritated it’s not even funny. I think that the bad sport option is a good idea. It just needs to be implemented in a more fair way for all players. The thing that makes me mad the most is since I’m not a very high level “17″ and everyone else on this god forsaken multiplayer is a modder who’s level 1200 and so on, they just go around in their adders with their Gatling guns and tanks killing any person they see causing the to lose all their hard earned money. Then they put a bounty on everyone that is a low level, why? Barbecue they can. They have the money to so why not. Then when you kill them they are so persistent and won’t stop killing everyone just because they’re a weak minded simpleton who have nothing better to do than ruin the game for all new comers. I feel that the game should have an option to play in a lobby with people around the same level as you. Level “1-10″, “11-20″, “21-30″ and so on. I feel that would make the game better and less irritating for the newcomers and make it fair so all the level 4 trillion cheaters can play by themselves with the rest of these arrogant pricks. That’s my opinion.

2. selvec December 7, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I wonder if rock star has learnt its lesson about multiplayer yet, and will focus on single player next game.

3. will f u up in gta December 2, 2013 at 9:50 am

Ill ruin all your weak noob crews. Noobs are the people playing this game like its co op n not multi player. i can and will make you hate the game for that half hour your stuck in my lobby and if i have a tank dont come runnin up to take my 1000-5000 bounty the 20 deaths you will rack up isnt worth it. And im immune to badsport for some reason. I tried quite hard two days ago 30+ cars wouldnt do it and neither did the 4 hour tank montage. I think bad sport just wouldnt take me back

GT: PsychoTech7

• will f u up in gta December 2, 2013 at 10:32 am

But really if ur good to me im good to you n will help you out. U see me in a lobby just shoot a friendly messege and we can cruise check out garages hunt bountys. But if u shoot me u may be in for some fun if your into intence fire fighting or car chaces.
      And yeah the rampage was real some people may notice the gamertag and say i saw it haha shot that jet right out the sky lmao. But i was just trying to gain access to bad sport to be with a freind. Cant wait to see you in los santos!

4. A+ November 26, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Throw down a bounty or mercenaries and they just leave. Those are the douchebags that need a bad sport hat.

5. Leo November 22, 2013 at 9:49 am

..Bad sport is a good thing…needs to be tweeked a bit that all…
    All you people who grief people suuuuuck…leave people alone….kill those who like to kill and vica versa…hahahaha….Random Killers/Spawn Stalkers/Campers & PIT maneuver idiots all suck & should be banned and or fined big time…sooooo ..there it is..hope you like it…or not..whatever…I dont care….

• will f u up in gta December 2, 2013 at 9:38 am

Lmao someone is on their first ever GYA game.

6. Ian November 20, 2013 at 1:51 pm

If they don’t want people blowing up personal vehicles, make them indestructible. Then everyone’s happy job done

7. Mufin November 14, 2013 at 6:47 pm

I think the bad sport rule sucks and R* should focus on things like spawn killing.also make it so that if you cant pay for a car you have a dept.

8. Jesse James November 11, 2013 at 3:11 am

I bought the tank and someone stole it so I waited and bought it again and again it was stolen and then I was in the bad sports lobby

9. CCCViper653 November 10, 2013 at 6:02 pm

I got bad sports today yet i’m one of the nicest gta players ever, i race clean, don’t attack unless provoked which takes a lot because i always run at first ( not because i’m weak, i just like having epic car chases) and if i damage your car and see you go in to fix it i give you 100 percent of whatever my last job was because i have a lot of money (lsc glitch)and i use my outrageous amounts of money to help people, i heard someone talking about how badly they wanted a sultan rs so i spent quite a while searching for one and fully customized it minus the explosives and tracker and insurance, gave it to them and they gave me a shotgun shell to the face in return ( that’s also what i get when i try to give heli rides) so any way i found a really cool group of guys taday and we went on a cop rampage, i was the only one with a tank and as soon as my partners got killed a bunch of other random people just kamikazed the hell out of my tank with their super cars, knocking me down a couple hunred thousand dollars and giving me the dunce cap. The current bad sport system targets the wrong people, if someone like me gets put in it then something way wrong. If it doesn’t get removed atleast do the prison idea, that sounds like a good idea.

10. Automatic November 8, 2013 at 11:30 am

I actually find the bad sport servers fun (I kept blowing up my friends Ruiner). People tend to fight back or run when they get a bounty on their head instead of jumping to an invite only session or hide in their garage until its over. The bad thing is you can’t play with your friends. In reality they should give you the option of what type of lobby you join: Wimpy Lobby or Chaotic Lobby (True GTA players)

• Jones Jack November 10, 2013 at 5:58 am

Exactly, R* should be punished. Perhaps a full refund to its customers.

11. J_R_i_Z_Z_Y November 8, 2013 at 3:16 am

Got Bad Sport for 1d 22h 57m, I Thought it was counting down in GTA time where 1 day is like an hour of gameplay… Thought Wrong -_-

12. Billy badazz November 7, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Bad Sport was always BS, but now that people can glitch and make ANY vehicle a personal vehicle it ruins the game. How am i supposed to know what is and what isnt ‘Fair Game’? Good News: just turn off your xbox as soon as u see the Bad Sport timer appear above the minimap… No bad sport lobby.

13. Matt Watterson November 7, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Punishing people in a Crime game for acting like Criminals. Makes sense -_-
    Seems to me that Rockstar enjoy catering to the whiners who can’t accept that this game is based around a criminal underworld, and instead believe everyone will play nicely.

14. ben funnell November 7, 2013 at 8:51 am

To all the people that are against bad sport,

You obversly have never had a car the you spent 10000s on and had it blown up in the middel of nowhere by some retard thay thinks he can get away with it come blow up my boat and pay the $600000 price, I have never been a bad sport and never will be because I dont act like a dick you kill me for no reason me and my crew will kill you repeatedly untill you find a new server but thats the price you pay if ive got a bounty ill stay still in the street untill its gone

• Philip Albert Jackway November 7, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I have never once gotten bad sport and I do see the failure that it is and if you are sitting in your car and someone wants to get the bounty that is on you it isnt actually the opposing players fault it is yours if the car you paid all that money for gets blown up, thats actually why they implemented mors so you can actually get your car back for a small fee.

• Clark W November 8, 2013 at 11:07 am

Ooooo your big bad crew will get us. Give me a break. The Bad Sport rule is pathetic, especially in a world like GTA. But now they’ve made this game a sort of social seeking exercise where you buy status symbols?? GTFO.

Why the **** would you buy a $600000 boat in this online world anyways? I’ll blow up your pathetic boat, car and whatever else I feel like and if you want to chase me down with your “crew”, go right ahead. If you want a nice safe open concept world where you can buy ridiculous crap and not get shot, go play something from Nickelodeon.

• isho18 November 9, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Thats why theres insurance smart boy. How is blowing up someones personal car that is insured and will be paid by the guy that caused it worse than killing someone?

15. OG-_-GroveStreet November 7, 2013 at 6:59 am

How the hell do i get bad sports for blowing up a tank -_- lol thats y people mod the game

16. Jake November 6, 2013 at 11:23 am

I’m in the bad sport lobby. Because me and my friend felt like being dicks. I may deserve it. But If I want to play with my friends in a private lobby f*cking let me damm*t! the separate lobby is fine. But Let us be able to do pvt lobbies with missions and such with our friends alone at least. The game is full of dickheads. Constant dickheads. If they want to be a dickhead give them the lobby to do so! But let us play private lobbies. That’s my biggest issue.

17. Javi November 6, 2013 at 10:47 am

This is BS. I shouldnt be penalized for people running into my tank on purpose to get me in the bad sport lobby. None the less, people are driving around trying to run me over “with their cars” of course im going to blow them up. It sucks not playing with friends and in my opinion this needs to be taken off. This is a violent/crime game, gamers should have expected online was going to be chaotic, if not they bought the wrong game.

18. justin November 5, 2013 at 10:00 pm

if a person destroys your car and doesn’t have cash you get stuck with the bill so having a high end sports car will screw u if they delete this feature. if you Wana play like a douche bag well sorry go play with other douche bags, simple as that, rockstars just helping u out.

19. RIKITIroo November 5, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Its going to kill rockstar if you cant play with you friendslist. My pal and myself like to destroy and blow each other up in the game …. so now you tell me i cant destroy stuff …???? Shall i go play viva piniata or tetris instead then ,, ffs CoDs new game has more damage than this oh And You Can Kill your mates . This is what gta used to be .ARE YOU LOOKING TO LOOOSE CUSTOMERS TO THE FRANCHISE OR WHAT . Maybe u betta wake up r* . We all waited for you to fix the issues then u bomb us with this BS . I cant play with my pal now cos he bombed my car a few times

Understand my frustration

20. Gamer November 4, 2013 at 11:04 am

You shouldn’t get a “Bad sport” label for blowing up a car with someone in it shooting you. If you go around blowing up peoples car for no reason thats different, you should be penalized. Yesterday I was getting ganged up on by 2 people in a heavily armored car and was hesitant to blow it up because I didn’t want to get a bad sport rating. While I’m shooting one the other killed me of course.

21. geoff November 3, 2013 at 2:20 pm

killing is a part of the game and you pay for the car you destroy so this is a stupid idea for the game

22. michael November 3, 2013 at 2:07 pm

cant you just make people pay because my friends want to play with me and they cant because im on the bad sport list and plus its not fair these people angered me so much i blew up there cars because they would just keep killing me for no reason

23. FalloutManiac2 November 3, 2013 at 9:19 am

they should remove the bad sport system, and just keep it to when you blow someone’s car up it just makes you pay for that persons car, Simple as that!

• RIKITIroo November 5, 2013 at 2:01 pm

High five to you sir i agree

24. Brian November 2, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Whenever I am a bad sport and try to join a deathmatch, it makes me a host in an empty server instead of joining one. It is like they made bad sports unable to join open jobs.

25. Jay November 2, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Douche

26. enigma November 2, 2013 at 10:35 am

I look at it this way if you go to los santos customs near vinewood there are always 3-5 players sitting there blowing up cars as they enter the garage. I agree killing is part of the game but that does not mean sitting on a location just to blow up cars. There is a difference between causing mayhem and being a dick

27. Common Sense November 2, 2013 at 6:30 am

Lololol people calling others “butt hurt” because they like the bad sport idea. I love the idea. You blow up several people’s personal vehicles on purpose then cry “wtf, this is GTA” when you get that dunce cap. And as stated before, it takes a lot more than one to get you that label. Your problem is you want to grief other players. Unsuspecting, unprovoked players, who didn’t want a fight in the first place. So have fun in a server that’s dedicated to people who will give you a fight. There, it’s completely expected so really you should have more fun. And to the ones using the tank argument, be honest, that’s a very small percentage of you. Most of the people who have them anyway just glitched to get them so it’s not like you made a big sacrifice. But yes, it does seem rather pointless using it unless your in a bad sport lobby where that’s condoned. A majority of griefers I see though getting bad sports are ones who sticky your car, drive it into the ocean, or simply shoot it to hell until it blows up. Yet they’re the ones getting “butt hurt” because they have to play with other people just like them :-( . In short, I like the idea but maybe R* should’ve lessened the time of punishment

• Tj1056 November 3, 2013 at 4:09 am

Sounds about right to me

• will f u up in gta December 2, 2013 at 10:39 am

Thats funny cause all the butthurts(yes thats you) should be in bad sport. Bad sport lobbys ive noticed to be much more peacefull and people are much more hesitent to blow up a car in fear of staying longer and majority of players in bad sport lobbys are on best behave and are trying to get out and complete award challenges along the way to speed it up

28. CyferNel November 1, 2013 at 9:59 pm

just play the offline mode GTA and if you would like to play real online games? go play mmorpg. stop ranting and whining like you always do…especially american .

29. ANDREWH November 1, 2013 at 3:40 pm

errr its gta its all about killing and robing dont see the point in it if you dont like being killed or loseing your car go play sims

30. Nathan November 1, 2013 at 1:50 pm

The bad sport idea is stupid and not needed! i was driving around in my tank and people just drove their car into me and killed themselves and i became a bad sport for doing nothing! now I have got to go with out playing with my friends for 2 days! This “bad sport” idea is stupid all that should happen is the person who blows you up has to pay for the car nothing else, it feels like i wasted my money on buying gta v.

31. chance November 1, 2013 at 12:22 pm

My wife and I play on private with our friends and we have had no problems with bad sports and I am pushing towards Lvl 100 this is the first I am hearing about it and I think you all sound like you hate the game so it would seem we were correct in sticking to the private coop style that cuts all the crap out of our experience online. One question though why can’t we sleep in the same house or bed. Seems like with all the attention to detail they skipped that one even though you can bang prostitutes. Literally where is the love.

32. Reckoning November 1, 2013 at 7:10 am

Bad Sport is wonderful. The only people being punished by this system are the same douchebags who do the following.

Boost in Halo, CoD, Battlefield, etc…..
    Use Glitches and Exploits to increase their wealth/ranking
    Intentionally Grief other players in various games.

And now these douchebags are getting punished for doing these kinds of things and they absolutely hate that they’re not being treated like the over entitled little pieces of excrement that they are.

Boo Hoo scum of the gaming world… Boo Hoo.

• Tacit_Strife November 1, 2013 at 8:01 am

you sir are an idiot, you can’t generalise everyone, how can blowing up a car that’s chasing you considered bad sportsmanship? you obviously have alot of butt hurt from the various games you mentioned cause likely you are 12 and feel that anyone who can aim better than you must be cheating. Grow up, I didn’t spend hours and hours lvling up my character so i could afford a tank and now i have to tip toe around people with it in case im labeled a bad sport, its ridiculous and i think alot of high ranking players agree with this..

• Brett November 1, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Tanks are ridiculous in this game. always some idiot who calls one up as soon as you roll him 1v1, then they are invincible, I threw 5 clusters of 5 sticky bombs on a dude’s tank outside los santos customs and it was still without a scratch. They need nerfing.

• Val_Velox November 2, 2013 at 11:58 am

that is what i thought the bad sport system would do, reckoning, however this is not the case. boosters and exploiters/glitchers are not getting put in the bad sport rooms because as of right now they have no way of proving who is the real cheaters or not. this bad sport concept is great, but needs alot of tweaking and fixing. for example, i was playing gta online and getting new clothes for myself when some idiotic player started shooting me thru the store. so, like any other sensible gta gamer i obliged him with my superior weaponry ( im a level 91 currently) over his as i noticed the player i was owning had a fully customized bugatti (the adder which is worth 1 million gta$ to start with) and this player was only a measly level 14. So, as a die hard gamer i was quickly angered and saw the oppurtunity to blow his unrighteous vehicle up and decided to act on it. then, wa laa a perfectly fitted dunce cap on my head for two days straight. but dont get me wrong, once your in a bad sport lobby you easily find the scum of the earth in the video game world. so, its a bit of a gray area subject i my opinion for something thats needs more work to be more clear cut.

• Joseph ascione November 4, 2013 at 5:57 pm

The game is all about blowing things up, drugs, money, shooting and killing. I didn’t glitch or boost anything. I blew up a couple cars. Some on purpose, some by accident. I don’t see why I can blow cars up. Absolutely ridiculous. I also think paying for them is stupid also but I guess whatever it’ll make you think twice. There is more of a bad sport in a whiny wet blanket who doesn’t want to get blown up . Maybe they should have a sissy server for you.

33. Juice November 1, 2013 at 2:43 am

in less than a year’s time, this game won’t matter anymore unfortunately.

34. Jim November 1, 2013 at 1:43 am

imo microtransactions and bad sport were the worst thing that happened to gta.

35. Knukle October 31, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Horrible idea. No more GTA for me

36. bobby is a builder October 31, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I had the same idea about bad sport tweak they should put people in prison and u can do activies like fighting but they shouldnt penalize u for blowing up cars its GTA thats why u have insurance dont want ur car blown up go to private mode

37. Jeffrey Forder October 31, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Rockstar needs to keep this feature. Maybe if the players would stop being complete jerks, they wouldn’t get bad sport. R* understands the good players and they know we hate the players who can’t play the game respectfully. The bad sport feature is supposed to pair up the crappy players with other crappy players. Those who are whining about the feature are obviously those who cannot play the game respectfully without killing players for no reason whatsoever. Go ahead and boycott. We’ll be glad you left the GTA series. Undeserving pricks.

• Tacit_Strife November 1, 2013 at 8:04 am

this sounds like butt hurt, how can you call it crappy, people can’t exactly sneak up on you, and if they use lester to do so then you probably had a bounty on your head. plus killing each other does not earn you the label of bad sport, just blowing up cars so your silly argument is redundant

• Clark W November 8, 2013 at 11:11 am

Aww, did someone blow up your personal pink barbie ride? “Play the game respectfully”??? Give me a break. Why don’t you go play the Sims online. That way, you can buy stupid crap and not worry about the PURPOSE of the game getting in the way of you achieving things you never will in real life. Idiot.

38. Cody Myers October 31, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Yeah, but what you don’t understand, Zach, is that we are customers to THEIR servers. In theory, we pay for THEIR servers with the money we spent on the game. Wouldn’t it make sense to accomodate their customers?

39. Philip Albert Jackway October 31, 2013 at 5:51 pm

the whole idea of bad sport in theory is a good idea, but its how they have done it that is the problem whats the point of ranking up and earning the cash to purchase a tank/other explosives if you are going to penalize players for using them I enjoy blowing up things in games like these, but I dont enjoy being afraid to use everything that I have access to because some little twerp has his personal car blown up and I get the blame hey I dont mind if I pay for the crime but there is a prison in the game that has no mission attached that couldve been used to contain players who were bad sports there is no reason to move players to a different lobby, all they needed to do was once you become a bad sport every time you log in you start in a Gaol cell and have to escape or do events in the prison like fight clubs arm wrestling smuggling drugs etc, hell if you escape a bounty should be placed on you straight away.

its punishment but its fun punishment.

• Jordan November 8, 2013 at 3:19 am

Love That Idea

40. Colin Matthew Christman October 31, 2013 at 11:40 am

Well, it’s a catch 22. I hate being killed and/or having my personal vehicle destroyed. (Yeah, it’s insured, but my deductible is expensive.) At the same time, I figure it’s a criminal utopia, and one should expect violence to ensue. I just play in a private session with my friends. We have about 6 of us that play together, so it’s all good.

If you don’t want to be labeled a bad sport – quit blowing up others’ vehicles. It’s that simple. I have close to $1mil (working to get the Adder for my crew.) If it weren’t for private sessions, I’d have maybe 1/6th that.

41. Keoni October 31, 2013 at 10:40 am

honestly, the lobby wait times are bad enough for me. most fail to load, your just waisting time, Nothing happens quick in the game play, much of the game landscape is missing in online mode, like animal’s. And the Fn CAMPERS!!!!!! what’s the point?

42. Notorious Teavo October 31, 2013 at 9:56 am

Bad sport?! I’m just being gangsta!!

43. Kiara Rosendalle October 31, 2013 at 8:16 am

Some goodies are in this link :) http://bit.ly/Hh40qu

44. don wonnie October 31, 2013 at 8:05 am

Its my game, i paid, now rockstar wanna tell me what 2 do! Anyting they dont want me 2 do shouldn’t be possible 2 do! Trying 2 act like my boss, rockstar r selloutz, it dont feel likw gta no more!

• Zach Orberson October 31, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Yeah, but what you don’t understand is that it’s THEIR servers, they can do as they see fit.

• Jay November 2, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Don’t be a hypocrite. You obviously have no respect for the programmers or the servers. GTA is a true game down to the true ethic. “It don’t feel like GTA no more” are you serious? Because you can not blow up another car? So you only want to explode others cars and not anything else. True moron you are.

• John November 24, 2013 at 8:01 am

I agree with Jay. All you guys want to do is be trolls. Oh let me get a tank or c4 and blow up everyone’s personal vehicle. Most of you act like ROCKSTAR doesn’t give you a warnings first. I myself have blown up 20 cars back to back with out punishment besides paying the insurance unless I was broke. Then the other player was forced to pay their own insurance. If you got bad sport then its your own fault! You were being a troll. So stop complaining and saying stupid threats like oh im not playing anymore? Wow no one cares. Because I know im not giving up on GTA for something as stupid as being a troll. When GTA 6 comes out I will buy it to! For people that said they had to blow up a car thats still no excuse because they don’t label you a bad sport after blowing up one car. You must have done it multiple times. Also bad sports get to play with other bad sports or trolls. So I don’t see how it’s unfair. You are just getting what you deserve. The wovles hang with wolves. Then you guys can blow each other up as much as you like.

We will read your comment immediately so leave a remark!

RSS Guardian Express

• South Korea Warns of Northern Plans for Nuclear Test Ahead of Obama Visit April 23, 2014
    South Korean officials have warned that the North may be planning to launch another nuclear test. This news has come ahead of the official visit by President Obama. But officials are not sure if the test is legitimate, or just a bluff on behalf of their northern counterparts. Kim Min-Seok, spokesman for the defence ministry […]
    Sara Watson
  • Mental Illness Not Strongly Associated With Criminal Behavior April 23, 2014
    Research conducted on 143 people with severe mental illness taken from a mental health court in Minneapolis has found that a relatively small number of the crimes they commit are directly related to the symptoms of their illness. The study, conducted by researchers at Normandale Community College in Bloomington, Minnesota, is the first to take […]
    Laura Prendergeist
  • Heroin Sold by Hospital Inpatient April 23, 2014
    A Pennsylvania woman has been charged with selling heroin … out of the intensive care unit (ICU), and then her hospital room while a patient at Excela Westmoreland County Hospital. The hospital is an adult inpatient mental health facility in Greensburg, a suburb of Pittsburg. After an undercover informant bought heroin from the woman, 38-year-old […]
    Fern Remedi-Brown
  • Game of Thrones Not Short on Talent with Peter Dinklage April 23, 2014
    The hot series Game of Thrones is full of action and suspense, leaving the viewer yearning for more with each passing episode.  The ongoing saga has spectators glued to their television sets, waiting and wondering what will happen next. The HBO series has captured audiences for four seasons with a dramatic fantasy story line and talent […]
    Roanne FitzGibbon
  • Teenage Stowaway Miracle Survival April 23, 2014
    A teenage stowaway has beaten the odds with his miraculous survival crossing the Pacific ocean. He was hidden in the flight wheel of a Hawaiian airlines plane. The boy, who has been taken into child services, was said to be unconscious for the entirety of the flight, which went from San Jose to Maui. The […]
    Sara Watson