GTA V Online Multiplayer Lost Characters Could be Player’s Fault

Rockstar say that some character loss is players fault.

Over the weekend the GTA V Online Multiplayer patch title updates for PS3 and Xbox 360 were made available for downloading. Despite promising that the patch would fix most common issues, there are still a number of players experiencing problems. Most noticeably the character loss problem, which Rockstar are now saying could be the player’s fault.

Since there are still server issues with the Online mode, gamers are getting increasingly frustrated at the problems encountered when they attempt to play multiplayer missions. Rockstar Games have stated on their support page that they are aware of the server problems and are working to sort them out.

But on the same page, Rockstar warns that some of the lost characters, items, and money can occur because of certain gamer actions. These are:

When players exit GTA Online, they need to pause the gameplay and then choose the single player option. This action will automatically save the game and make sure that any progress from the last autosave is saved. Purchasing items just before turning off the console or exiting via the console system menus can result in the loss of everything you just purchased.

If the error message “Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable” appears don’t use the Retry button. This action can result in the loss of all your character data. If you get this message, exit to the GTA V Story Mode and attempt to re-enter GTA Online via the Story Mode’s pause menu. Rockstar have said that they are attempting to release another title update that will fix this issue.

If the Rockstar Cloud Server is not available, when players take the option to play online with the disc content, instead of R* Cloud content, they are asked to confirm that they wish to play a temporary character. This character will not be saved and if you choose the temporary option, your old characters will not be available for that session. If players want to save characters that they have created they must not enter GTA Online when the R* servers are not available. If the servers come back up during gameplay; when you end the session the character will be lost. To keep your temporary character go back to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online and you can load your old – not temporary – characters and go back to GTA Online; you can then save your progress.

There are still a large number of players who cannot access the Online mode and others are complaining of lost game progress, money and property, on top of characters being deleted. The news that Rockstar have said that the lost character issue experienced on GTA V Online Multiplayer mode could be the players fault may cause even more gamer dissatisfaction with the game.

Rockstar said on October 6, that they are attempting to determine why this is happening and they are trying to minimize the damage while they find a “permanent fix.” The support page also relayed that they had not forgotten about the requests to restore lost items, characters, and levels. The company have explained that they are working on options to fix the issues still being experienced by players.

The last update on the support page stated that further update information would be posted when it was available. Since the issue of the GTA V Online Multiplayer characters is ongoing, they attempted to explain how some players could be at fault and how to avoid the problem. A large number of players are becoming disenchanted with the game because of all the online gaming problems.

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Source

Source 1

61 Responses to "GTA V Online Multiplayer Lost Characters Could be Player’s Fault"

1. Greenfield18   February 7, 2014 at 5:05 pm

This really suck I was on level 51 then came back wasn’t there had start rank 1 again please fix it it’s crap

2. Young   October 20, 2013 at 3:27 pm

It is soooo annoying i’ve been saving my character through the start menu(PS3) and quiting the GTA V ONLINE it even said “Progress will be automatically saved”. when i got back my character wasn’t there on SLOT 1, so i tried to do it again , the tutorial (The Race, the Drug dealing mission, buy clothes, Hold up a store, got Insurance for my car & Have 1 deathmatch) This honestly took me a while and so i wanted to play with my friend so i Quit GTA V ONLINE using the Start menu, and Got back online pressing the “Invite only Session” and when it went to the Character screen MY CHARACTER WASN’T THERE, So I DID THE TUTORIAL AGAIN!!!!……….. Its been my 11th time doing the Tutorial & i have to say “i hate this game!”

But if you guys have any solutions please let me know i will keep trying to make it work
    P.S. I do not get any errors like “Could not connect to Rockstar blah blah blah” never received that error ever!. Yeah so i’m pretty pissed off

• Young   October 20, 2013 at 11:29 pm

I FIXED IT, When you finish all the tutorials go to join a new session. and you should be able to load it in a new session

• Xboxlivepsycho@hotmail.com   February 22, 2014 at 11:40 am

Are u sure ?

3. Atrin   October 20, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Ok so i was level 19 i got tired i changed to story mode and saved the game and now that i loaded the game and i was level 15 and i lost my guns money and my cloth wtf??!!!please fix this it sucks.

4. DALE MILES   October 17, 2013 at 5:22 am

The game is a joke twice I have had my character deleted. ROCKSTAR NEED TO FIX UP

5. Mitchell Haskell   October 13, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Ya i was lvl 43 and my xbox got disconnected and i lost everything wtf????!!!???

6. Slappedthechief   October 9, 2013 at 2:49 am

Okay, So the game crashes after finishing an online mission for over 30 minutes, I turn off my console come back on and my character has been lost, and that is my fault? I only spent a few hours but I dont get much time to play and was level 10. I’ve created a new character in the same spot and now won’t get it back? I personally like the game but its online gameplay is frustrating.

7. GamerBob   October 8, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Players fault? come on, that’s a load of BS. if they don’t want you to hit the “retry” button, then why put it in. That makes no sense. The game is a pure abortion, lost several characters due to the game being trash, not my fault. Single player campaign was reset to the first mission after many hours of play. Im guessing that was my fault too, because I turned on my XBOX and the game loads by itself, but im sure that’s somehow my fault. The game is a complete failure, im not going to ivest anymore time in the game because it will more than likely fail again. I will NEVER buy another Rockstar game again, I would have got more for my money if I would have flushed it down the toilet instead of purchasing an untested game.

8. John Gilbert   October 8, 2013 at 2:27 pm

It’s not the player’s fault that Rockstar doesn’t have a product that’s doing what it supposed to do. Also, because we press retry, we lose our data, that’s not our fault the damn retry deletes your stuff, I already lost my character twice, first was lvl 11, 2nd was lvl 32. Blaming the consumer using options that are readily available but do not work correctly is absolutely ridiculous. Whoever wrote this article needs to actually think and know something about the subject before writing. Go do reviews on kid’s books, it seems more like something up your alley.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login