GTA V Online Patch Multiplayer Fix for PS3

Xbox 360 Patch Promised Next

Rockstar Games releases online gaming patch for PS3

Rockstar Games announced that the GTA V online patch to fix multiplayer issues on the PS3 is now ready for downloading and that they expect the Xbox 360 patch to be ready this weekend. The title update will fix a number of problems with the online multiplayer, all of which are listed on the Rockstar Games website.

Since the release of GTA V, the game has suffered from bugs and quite a number of issues. On Friday, the game’s developers released a patch to fix the problems with the PS3 online multiplayer gameplay. Rockstar Games has promised via an post on their website that not only the PS3, but the Xbox 360 problems would be sorted.

The patch will deal with “common” issues that have been reported with the GTA V online gameplay. The companies self imposed deadline is Saturday Oct. 4. The online player mode for the popular game has been plagued with several problems, not least of which was related to server issues, after it was launched on Tuesday Oct. 1. Some players have not even been able to gain access to the online mode.

Rockstar Games announced upfront that fans of the game could expect quite a number of “growing pains” related to the launch of the online mode. Their explanation was that the issues would be caused by the open world verse of the game. It was this that would make problem’s “inevitable.”

On Thursday, Rockstar removed microtransactions from GTA V Online. The company also announced its intentions to have an online patch to fix multiplayer issues for the PS3.

The “common” issues that Rockstar have provided fixes for are:

Player’s being stuck while launching sessions before the “Mall or Nothing” race in the online mode tutorial.

Banks and cash being deleted incorrectly.

Incorrect sums of Cash dropped upon a player’s death in “Missions and Last Team Standing”

Loading problems that caused the Character Switch Wheel to disappear.

Temporary Characters overwriting main ones.

Players losing apartments and the cash they used acquiring them.

Some Story Mode missions missing.

Taking off the autosave when moving into the GTA Online from GTA V Story Mode to prevent corruption.

Improving Online stability.

Rockstar Games did warn players that the launch of the GTA V Online would contain several problems. Just before the release developers announced that fans of the game could expect crashes, “crazy bugs” as well as gameplay mode issues and gameplay mechanics that would need rebalancing.

The company is working feverishly to made the patch for the Xbox 360 available as soon as possible.

The online mode of GTA V with it’s “teething problems” is just one more addition to problems that the billion dollar game has encountered upon its release. There has been the issue of no Android application available combined with several problems attached to the iOS application.

It is clear that fans of the high-octane open-world game are not happy with the ongoing problems, but, they appear to be willing to overlook the shortcomings that have been apparent after the games launch.

Rockstar Games have released the GTA V multiplayer online patch for the PS3 which will make those players very happy. All that remains is for the company to fix the Xbox 360 issues, which has been promised for this weekend. While these “common” issues have been dealt with, the company will be, obviously, attempting to identify any further issues that detract from the multiplayer online experience.

By Michael Smith
United Kingdom

Source

Source 1

Source 2

31 Responses to "GTA V Online Patch Multiplayer Fix for PS3"

1. Jordan   December 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Hey i don’t know how to get on multiplayer please help me?

2. Garry   December 9, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Wen i am on the regular gameplay mode and try to enter gta5 online it says i need to be signed in wen i already am signed in… its not my internet ive checked already ..ive never had this problem before… m i think the problem is with rockstar clouds can someone help?

3. Ryan   November 14, 2013 at 3:01 pm

it says multiplayer hasnt even been launched for me (ps3)

4. Logan Hay   October 7, 2013 at 1:25 am

i still can’t even get past the tutorial PS3 any ideas?

5. Nivi101   October 6, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Why the F@#$, I’ve made like 4 characters already an not one of them have I played twice, so im honestly giving up on Rockstar games… and im sure im not the only person who feels like this way…Rockstar u failed a lot of people

6. M   October 6, 2013 at 8:54 am

It let me play once on online but after that it just keeps saying that it timed out and can’t find a compatible server. This is every single time I get on too. It won’t let me play at all whatsoever. Really pissing me off

7. Chad   October 5, 2013 at 6:50 pm

guess what I still cant go on (PS3) I get a message saying Cannot find a compatable server this is so irritating.

8. mike   October 5, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Finally I got online

9. Mike   October 5, 2013 at 4:45 pm

How do you get the latest update? I’ve put the game on a bunch of times and no update download option pops! So confused right now haha.

10. Tom   October 5, 2013 at 4:28 pm

My bro just logged on but his character was gone. Hope it doesn’t happen to my level 14

11. Scott Dorian Dancer   October 5, 2013 at 2:06 pm

why could they not set this up so we could save our own character information and they back it up???

12. bill mill   October 5, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Cloud servers still down 🙁 worked fine last night

13. QueenNiq Monique   October 5, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I was playing just fine yesterday and this morning my char is rank 22 then right after mission servers were no longer available. Im hoping and praying they are fixing all the bugs so everone can get on, after loosing over 10 chars and finally getting this one this high i would be very upset after so many hours of work to get on after its up to see deleted again. I plan to put money in game once the gta$ is open but not if i loose my char again.

• shane   October 5, 2013 at 1:32 pm

I was rank twenty yesterday I left, came back on about an hour later and lost all my rank, had to recreate a character, but still had my 60k and my car. games messed up

• Michael Smith   October 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Sounds like despite the attempt to fix “common” issues,that they have yet to fix the “on-going” server problems. All players who continue to have problems need to remember to contact the Rockstar Games support area. Cheers.

14. BEERCANSUPERMAN   October 5, 2013 at 1:09 pm

All I wanted to do all day was multiplayer it up. Now what?

15. Kenneth   October 5, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I would just like to know if they are busy fixing this problem that I mentioned?

16. Kenneth   October 5, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Im living in south Africa cannot play from 15;30 our time.Worked perfect in the morning ,says time out for a compatible GTA online session to join.

17. gavin   October 5, 2013 at 12:16 pm

no online content after a whole day with no issues yesterday ( ps3) what a tease you are rockstar how long must we wait until things get back up online? answers please

18. Tha one and only big homie   October 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

I played all day thurs & fri but haven’t been able to play at all today???

19. Leo   October 5, 2013 at 10:56 am

I’m also having trouble online. But it’s great when it was working.

20. genesis   October 5, 2013 at 10:54 am

Ok everyone listen my name is genesis I’m a ps3 player I moved on from the issue if you want to play online add me on ps3 L_X-Genesis-X_L. I will send you a inv and I know a way to make 250,000 dollars in less than a hour

21. mike   October 5, 2013 at 10:53 am

Same here screen fades on open tutorials and freezes

22. Ped Wells   October 5, 2013 at 10:32 am

After two ps3 updates we seem to be back to square one again e.g (session timed out) (cloud servers unavailable) etc, with the cash rockstar has made on this installment you would think this problem would have been resolved by now, complete joke!!

23. jared   October 5, 2013 at 10:29 am

I finally got online last night for the first time…now I cant get online at all..1 time out of 153 tries. what a joke for a great game.

24. shane   October 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

Still can’t get on, any idea when it will be effectively running again?

25. jason   October 5, 2013 at 9:16 am

Still can’t play online after patch.

26. E   October 5, 2013 at 9:04 am

Anybody else not able to log in

27. john   October 5, 2013 at 8:52 am

patch didn’t fix anything for me
    my characters keep getting deleted and it wont let me create a new one

• Michael Smith   October 5, 2013 at 8:58 am

Have gone to the Rockstar Games website? It may be that some of the fixes haven’t addressed your issue. As they have opted to fix the “common” issues, you may be experiencing a “variation.” Hope this helps. Cheers.

28. e   October 5, 2013 at 8:43 am

Do I have to update this my self or should it auto update. I’m still not able to get online multiplayer