Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Called it Quits or Have They

DeGeneresThe rumor mill is in full swing as always but you can’t believe everything you hear. According to recent reports, the latest celebrity couple at the center of the gossip ring is Ellen DeGeneres, 56 and wife Portia de Rossi, 41, and the word is that the two lovebirds have called it quits; or have they?

Several sources say DeGeneres and de Rossi, who tied the knot in August 2008, have tried everything including counseling to save their nearly six-year marriage but nothing has worked and as a result, the once happy couple is headed for divorce, and a tangled one at that, involving assets in excess of $220 million. But are the rumors true? That’s the burning question.

Earlier this month, before DeGeneres hosted the Academy Awards, she made an appearance on the Jimmy Kimmel Show where, in true Ellen style, she openly discussed the rumors about her impending divorce. “I read that we’re getting divorced,” she quipped. “I went and told de Rossi, and she was sad. We both were so sad. I couldn’t believe that we’re getting divorced, so I guess we are.”

DeGeneres went on to set the record straight dispelling the rumors as nothing more than random gossip saying it is not true and is downright ridiculous. “There’s not one ounce of truth to any of it,” she said. “I’m very happily married.” DeGeneres went on to promise fans that in the event anything were to ever happen between her and de Rossi such as them calling it quits, or if there was something they needed to know about her life, personal or otherwise, they could rest assured they would hear it from her first.

So what happened that caused rumors to start swirling about DeGeneres and de Rossi getting a divorce in the first place? While there have been numerous rumors and gossip surrounding the couple, one report says the inevitable breakup was due to de Rossi’s struggles with alcohol and anorexia. And another says DeGeneres is ready to move on to someone younger and edgier, maybe in their 20’s, because de Rossi is starting to look old and dated like a Beverly Hills housewife. “Portia will try any new trick to retain her looks and keep Ellen attracted to her. She spends thousands on luxury facial creams and beauty products.”

And then there’s the rumor that a photographer snapped a picture of de Rossi while she wasn’t wearing her wedding ring and immediately made the assumption that there was trouble in paradise. However, de Rossi easily explains the reason for the missing wedding ring saying, “I didn’t wear it because when I ride horses and I’m holding the reins, it gives me a blister!”

All marriages have their ups and downs but DeGeneres says, “The only thing we argue about is who loves who more.” Not something to divorce over, huh? Despite all the outlandish rumors and gossip, let this finally put your mind at ease, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have not called it quits and are not getting a divorce; in fact, they are more in love than ever.

Opinion By Donna W. Martin

E Online
Huffington Post
Classicalite

11 Responses to "Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Called it Quits or Have They"

1. jami sue   June 9, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I am so very happy to hear ELLEN say that if anything happens SHE WILL BE 1ST to TELL US . HAPPY TO KNOW THIS

2. Eva   May 2, 2014 at 8:13 am

LOL,Ellen would definitely get me into homosexual! She is such a incredibly amazing person.

To be serious,
    they love each other so much, there’s no question! Have you seen how they look at each other? THIS IS LOVE. Amen.

3. sonya   April 6, 2014 at 9:23 am

Mr.Lewis you need to go back to 1901! Stop insulting such a sweet couple. im sure you are just frustrated and jealous of them. why dont u mind your own bussiness if u cant say anything good about anybody. im sure you are an oldie! Cuz people from this generation dont have a mentality like that!. What matters is feelings not gender! Maybe for u its JUST about sex so u cant see beyond it. Get a life babe im sure people would laugh at u cuz u r not fit to exist in this generation! if u continue this way im sure ud get beaten up someday!

4. May   March 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm

I just have to add to the discussion. I’m annoyed at this point with all the hate surrounding them lately. They’re good people, they’ve nothing wrong and never hurted anyone. Their relationship is still going strong and I don’t want to hear any more religious or metaphorical remarks and made-up rumors. Have a little respect for yourself and others. Just leave them alone and mind your own business if you’ve got nothing nice to say.

5. Lewis   March 22, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Portia is definitely heterosexual.Im pretty sure ellen took advantage of her when she was going through a rough patch in her life and some how got her into a homosexual relationship.

6. Lewis   March 22, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Lol u all seem so disheartened by the idea of them splitting.IMO its bound to happend.Im talking not just about ellen and portia but all unconventional relationships.Its simple analogy.A screw fits into a nut and vice versa but and screw cannot fit into another screw.Even if its made to be by some unconventional means (glue) it wont stay together for long..My point is you cant go against nature and pretend everything is normal.

• Power Trip   March 23, 2014 at 6:04 am

I’m sorry but have you not seen the droves on heterosexual marriages failing left and right. It’s not about what the gender is of the people married it’s about people not being able to go the long haul anymore. Getting married so fast that they don’t even really know who they’re marrying until they’ve already done it. Then they want out. People are so misinformed you definitely added to the list.

7. BeKind2OneAnother   March 21, 2014 at 11:52 am

It is absolutely disgusting to see the press and fake fans take advantage of such a beautiful couple just because they are famous and because their relationship is not always as out there as some other celebs! Stop starting and spreading false information! You all wonder what would make their relationship even better? If you all stop the rumors and give them the privacy and respect they deserve to have as human beings!

8. Vitality   March 21, 2014 at 11:14 am

If Portia spoke out then the tabloids would say she was forced. If she says nothing then she’s hiding something. If they are seen apart, that is a problem. If they are seen together it is staged. If they aren’t cuddled up then obviously that means they hate each other. When they show PDA then it’s just a show for the paps. The press will not let them win no matter what they do or say. I think the Valentine’s Day photos were all anybody needs to see. Portia pointing to her ring and both of them being very flippant to the paps as if to show them not the ring finger but another finger completely. And good for them! Enough is enough. Look at the body language in every single photo snapped at the Oscars and after parties. Not just the ones that were set up, but the side shots when they weren’t posing. Look at the exchange of looks, look at the placement of hands. Look at the secret little grin at the edge of their lips as they look at each other. All that can’t be faked. You can pose for the cameras, but keeping it up continuously is impossible. As far as the previous poster, look around at these articles and you will see the same ‘Anne Heche said it so it must be true’ nonsense. Their close friends (Ryan Seacrest and Jennifer Anniston to name just two) have mentioned what a loving and “inspiring” relationship they have. So I guess they put on a show for absolutely everybody and only some insider who seems to have a listening device in their bedroom knows the real truth. I say we will see these ladies into their old age. Will it last until death parts them? Who knows what the years would bring, but I’d put a bet on it.

• Crystal Starr   March 22, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Vitality, I very much respect your opinion but I see it differently; when I look at photographs of them together they seem strained. All I meant regarding Anne is that it was eerie that approximately ten years earlier almost the exact same description was used to explain her relationship with Ellen as is now the case and I don’t think they looked at Anne’s book to get that. When I look for instance at the way Brad and Angie look at each other they seem more mutually into it. That’s just the way it feels to me but everybody is entitled to their own opinion and again, really only time will tell. I still think it would be a good idea if the rumors are not true for Portia herself to dispel them in a genuine way.

9. Crystal Starr   March 21, 2014 at 10:34 am

It seemed from your article that while at the end you say there’s no problem whatsoever, you also seem not to know them personally and to just be guessing. Isn’t speculation IN EITHER DIRECTION YOU GO still simply speculation? Also you clearly made point of Ellen insisting everything is fine between them yet no word from Portia? If you read Call Me Crazy by Anne Heche and think what you will about her (I personally think she’s great) when she describes the relationship between her and Ellen she said Ellen was insanely jealous and extremely controlling and I hear the exact same thing ten years later or so of sources regarding what Portia thinks. There is really no such thing as a coincidence so as time is always the true teller of truth; remember this. On air Johnny Carson vehemently denied having trouble with his wife and told his nighttime audience he would not bother suing The National Enquirer. Good thing, too, because turns out soon afterward he got a divorce and a nasty one, too. If the rumors are not true the best would be to hear from Portia. I feel badly for her because I read her book and her struggles. She should speak up and stand strong no matter what is really happening. Her silence is telling.