New Study Confirms Turmeric Can Benefit Diabetes

Turmeric DiabetesThe published Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry confirmed that Turmeric could benefit diabetes. Turmeric, an ancient spice, can alter the pathological states of type 2 diabetes linked to heart disease, a dangerous complication of diabetes.

In a new study on the reduction of formation of fatty deposits in the arteries, which is a risk for patients with type 2 diabetes it was found that curcuminoid extract can prevent this. Over a series of six months the study revealed the involvement of turmeric extract, curcumin does stop the fatty deposits forming on the inner surfaces of the arteries obstructing the blood flow.

Various tests revealed the degree of arterial stiffness and a strong connection to cardiovascular events. Marks of inflammation, insulin resistance and uric acid levels were randomly assigned to the curcumin treated group. In addition, the level of anti-inflammatory the changes in body weight, blood pressure, kidney and liver function (AST and ALT), were monitored in all participants taking the curcumin capsules. The test revealed that a significant improved liver function and the ALT was lower in the trials.

The trials results in curcumin(Turmeric) being used without any serious unwanted effects and revealed lasting benefits for diabetes patients. Turmeric is well-known for its liver healing properties Curcumin is the active ingredient that gives turmeric its orange-yellow color. Along with related chemicals, it comprises the extraction of curcuminoid.

Researchers found that Turmeric could prevent diabetes from developing. The research revealed that people with diabetes who took a curcuminoid supplement dramatically lowered their glucose level and insulin resistance. The study showed that curcuminoids the active ingredient of Turmeric have an anti diabetic impact by reducing the serum fatty acid through the possible assistance of oxidation and utilization.

Turmeric spice stems from the root of the perennial ginger family plant, Curcuma Longa, and hailed for is medicinal and culinary benefit since ancient times. The main ingredient of turmeric is curcumin. It is the curcumin that renders the dark golden color; it is slightly bitter and related to a mustard aroma. The highly acclaimed spice is used extensively in cooking especially in Indian cuisine, the taste and exotic fragrance. Turmeric is a valid coloring agent and considered scared and used in Hindu and Buddhist ceremonial practices.

The therapeutic benefits are used to treat allergies, aches, infections, heart problems, and diabetes among other more serious health issues. There are no harmful side effects, and Turmeric is considered safe for consumption. The side effects of turmeric if consumed in inappropriate quantities can cause ulcers and stomach problems.

Diabetes is better known as a group metabolic disease, which disturbs the sugar or glucose levels in the blood. The main cause is insufficient production of insulin in the body or the body’s irresponsiveness toward insulin, which resulted in Type 2 diabetes.

The remarkable curative properties of Turmeric treating diabetes found in trials connect the curcumin spice to adjust the insulin within the body. The control and stability of blood sugar prevents insulin resistance or sensitivity and boosts immunity thereby reducing infections.

The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents of curcumin help to fight the disease and strengthen the immune system of the body. The anti glycaemic properties help the body in preventing diabetes.

The pancreas is responsible for producing insulin. The anti-glycaemic power of turmeric helps to maintain the proper function of the pancreas, regulate and stabilize insulin levels. The prevention of insulin resistance in the body and lowering the blood sugar levels and treat diabetes effectively.

A risk factor for diabetes is being overweight, and curcumin can control cholesterol levels. Balance sugar/glucose levels and prevent an accumulation of fats that are harmful to the body. Thereby treating issues of obesity and unwanted weight gain and preventing the onset of diabetes.

Certain infections like the virus Coxsackie B4 can cause Type 1 diabetes in humans and the antibiotic properties of turmeric help to prevent and treat the infections. High blood sugar problems are streamlined with the use of Turmeric. The new study of treating diabetes with turmeric is hailed as a benefit for sufferers.

By Laura Oneale

Sources

Greenmedinfo

Stylecraze

Naturalnews

15 Responses to "New Study Confirms Turmeric Can Benefit Diabetes"

1. Jo Vaccaro   May 29, 2017 at 10:01 pm

I would love to try Tumeric for my type2 Diabetes. How much do I take a day?. I am on Glimperide 4mg 2 a day and Metformin 1000 mg 2 times a day. I would appreciate any info you can send me to help me control my Diabetes.. I was also on 40 units of Insulin once a day. But took myself off it was causing a weight gain.

2. Susan   May 13, 2017 at 7:08 pm

I have type 2 diabetes I range all over from 90 to 350 and I take insulin and a pill every morning and it makes me tired and I am often get angry because of my out of control blood sugar. I take alpha lipoc acid for my tingling toes it works great. Should I Try tumeric or resveratol.

3. Lupe Avery   July 31, 2015 at 9:15 pm

I’ve bee using Turmeric powder for 8+ years. I keep it in a salt shaker and whenever, whatever I cook, from oatmeal to fish, vegetable, I put in about 3-4 shakes of Tumeric along w/a shake or two of Black or White Pepper, except of course in sweet foods, like Oatmeal, cookies, etc.

One of the side effects is that it gets rid of excess water, which accumulates around injured/sick joints, due to autoimmune illnesses. So if you suffer from Arthritis, Rheumatism, etc. use it. Also, you always get some, whenever you eat and don’t have to worry about taking capsules or adding it to your food.

Another great herb is “Fenugreek,” also from India and great for stabilizing blood sugar. Check w/your Doctors.

4. LGS   March 14, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I just found out about turmeric – bought my first bottle of capsules dosage: 3 caps per day with food,

5. amarjeet   March 10, 2015 at 12:02 am

How much quantity of Turmeric should take.

6. RG   February 18, 2015 at 8:42 am

I was paying close to $500 per month on Diabetic Medicans. Since starting a Turmeric approch I have stopped usina all doctor prescribed Diabetic meds. What a savings

• Cathy Clark   July 9, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Great. I can you tell me how much to use. I have been juicingng turmeric -small piece about 1 “.is this good amount? How much daily. I am type 2
      thanks

7. mike smith   February 12, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Always the same answer. MONEY. The root of all evil.

8. knerak2461   January 13, 2015 at 9:03 am

your doctor or pharmacist don’t
    make any money when they tell you to buy a spice

9. HappyHerbivore   December 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm

Why not try the natural remedies before resorting to the man-made pharmaceuticals and likely side effects? I will never understand why modern medicine always has to come in a pill bottle.

10. Stfn   October 3, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Maybe if a combination of this 2 resveratrol and turmeric, might bring some hope in type 2 diabetes

11. Rosemarie West   May 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Does this only apply to type 2 diabetes? What about type 1 diabetes?

12. Dr Sheldon   March 8, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Transmax-resveratrol, an extract of purple grape skins, is a much more effective dietary alternatives to treat Type 2 Diabetes than Tumeric (curcumin). It, like Tumeric, can be used with drugs such as Metformin. In two recently published human clinical trials done by respected medical schools it was shown that transmax had the effect of reducing blood glucose, improving insulin sensitivity, lowering blood pressure and LDL cholesterol, and even lowering body weight, at least as well as the Diabetes drugs, but without the adverse effects. The scientist who did the transmax study stated, “Resveratrol can be an effective adjunct therapy for type 2 Diabetics currently using one of the Metformin like drugs, or who are controlling their Diabetes without drugs.”

• William H. Sawyer, Ph.D.   April 22, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Please provide the reference(s) for the “two recently published human clinical trials done by respected medical schools”. I would like to learn more.
      William H. Sawyer, Ph.D.

• Scott (who is not the other Scott)   July 4, 2016 at 9:23 am

I should mention the previous citation is from the University of Texas Medical School. I know, Texas 🙂