Supernatural Season 10 Winter Hiatus Bringing Back Demon Dean?

Supernatural

Demon Dean may be coming back in time for the Supernatural season 10 winter hiatus. If he does not come back, there certainly seems like there will be some hints towards it for the second half of the season. The winter hiatus will air on the CW on Tuesday December 9, and is titled The Things We Left Behind.

Fans of the show have been disappointed so far. Season 10 of Supernatural was promised to be the year of the Deanmon. The end of season nine saw Dean killed by Metatron, only to be reborn as a demon. This is not about a demon taking over Dean’s body, but about Dean actually being that demon. It took three episodes for Sam to find his brother and cure him.

While fans were disappointed, it seems that the writers never forgot about the Mark of Cain. By episode six, Dean had finally killed again, and he was certainly not himself during it. The Mark of Cain is still threatening to turn him into something he does not want to be. Or it could be that the demon inside him is still there, deep down. As a Knight of Hell, he may just repressed his demon side, rather than being cured of it.

SupernaturalThere are a number of hints that Demon Dean will be brought back some time during the Supernatural season 10 winter hiatus. The question is when it will happen. It would certainly have people intrigued if it happened right at the last second.

The question is whether fans accept the unspoken apology for it not quite being the year of the Deanmon after all. Is this too little too late for those who were so excited about seeing Demon Dean for at least half of the season?

According to the synopsis, Claire Novak is making a reappearance. She is the daughter of Castiel’s vessel, and has been in a group home. She will escape and it is up to the Winchesters to get her back on the right path. At the same time, Dean is to make a decision about the Mark of Cain. Will he decide to get rid of it, or will he decide to take it on fully? Is there even a way to get rid of it without passing it onto someone else?

Episode nine is apparently going to be an “odd” episode, according to Supernatural director Guy Norman Bee. However, that is supposed to be a good thing. Bee directed Devil May Care and Stairway to Heaven, so is known for his more memorable episodes, so it would make sense for this one to follow suit.

At the same time, the episode is expected to bring up memories of the past again. Many fans enjoy these brotherly moments, especially when they get to hear mentions of the boys’ father, John. It seems like a bittersweet moment if Dean really does give into his demonic nature. Many will be excited to hear that Demon Dean may be brought back for the Supernatural season 10 winter hiatus.

Opinion by Alexandria Ingham

Source:

Enstars

34 Responses to "Supernatural Season 10 Winter Hiatus Bringing Back Demon Dean?"

1. Darkcheif117   February 4, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I don’t really think it’s fair how the producers and the actors of the show kept teasing us about Demon Dean for this season they were making it sound like he was going to be around for awhile but no he was cured in 3 episodes, remember season 4? Sam had demon blood in him and it was for like half of the season the same thing with souless same it was for half of the season and Demon Dean only lasts 3 episodes. They could of had Deanmon last till the end of this season then have Dean deal with the Mark in season 11. Jensen even said he wanted the Deanmon arc to last longer he even said the writers wanted him to last longer but they said they only have 23 episodes in the season and they have to get going, wtf that is total bs because remember when I said souless Sam was for half of the season? He was and the writers didn’t say anything about that. They call this the Year of the Deanmon they should change it to 3 episodes of the Deanmon. I was so excited for this season mostly because of seeing Dean turn into a demon at the end of season 9 he was such a great character only to be thrown out the window and to be forgotten by the writers.

2. Potato_77   December 17, 2014 at 2:49 am

I feel like people shouldnt complain about the writers or plot of the show unless they know they can do better. Personally I think its an awesome show but it bugs me when “fans” are disappointed in it. Fan Fiction was amazingly done and I couldn’t have asked for a better 200th episode. If you don’t like it then stop watching Supernatural.

3. Εlena V. Tolia   November 24, 2014 at 11:36 pm

I WANT TO SAY…I AM A FAN SINCE 2005 FROM THE FIRST EPISODE….FOR ME SPN IS THE BAST SHOW…IT IS EPIC..!!! BUT I ACPECTED MORE FROM SEASON 10 MUCH MUCH MORE….FOR THE FIRST 3 EPISODES OF THE SEASON…I WAS SO HAPPY…SO EXCIETED…THAN…DIDN’T PLAY OUT…THE DEMON IN HIM….! ISAID…OK..LET SEE…IT’S THE BEST SHOW…THEY HAVE SURPRISES….THAN THE DISAPPOINTMENT…IN “PAPER MOON”…AND THE VERY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT IN “FAN FICTION”…THE 200TH SPN EPISODE…OHH…NO…I CRYED…I THOUGHT…NO…THEY DO THIS…ON PURPOSE…THE WANT TO “END” SPN ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! I REALLY WAS SO SAD!!! WHY??(AND…IT MEANS NOTHING TO ME TO SAY…THAT FAN FICTION WAS GREAT…SO TO BE KIND….EVEN MY 9YEARS OLD DAUGHTER….SAID..:”MAMI…THEY WANT SPN TO LOOK BAD…EVEN FOR MY AGE…THIS SO DUMM”….!!! WHO’S IDEA WAS THAT….!!! I VERY SURE…IT WASN’T THE GREAT KRIPKE…HE’S AWESOME!!! NOW…IN “ASK JEEVES”… I SAID…OK WERE “ON” AGAIN…!!NOW I HOPE…THAT…FROM HERE ON…I ENJOY OUR…GREAT…SUPERNATURAL….FOR MANY…MANY SEASONS….AS THE SHOW THATS ALWAYS WAS…HUNTING THINGS,SAVING PEOPLE..THE FAMILY BUSSINES…!!
    PLEASE….LET THE SHOW…BE AMAZING 100% AGAIN!!! YOU CAN…THE BOYS CAN…YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!!! AND WHEN YOU WRITERS SAY…IT’S THE YEAR OF DEANMON….I BELIEVE YOU…AND WAIT FOR IT!!!LOVE SPN FOREVER!!
    (SORRY…FOR MY ENGLISH….IF I HAVE SOME WRITER MYSTAKES…I’M NOT..ENGLISH..I ‘M FROM GERMANY…AND I WILL GET BETTER!! (THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!)

• Εlena V. Tolia   November 24, 2014 at 11:39 pm

sorry i wrote…the ‘BAST SHOW…’….I MEAN…”THE BEST SHOW”….OF COURSE!!! SORRY AGAIN…AND SORRY!!!

4. VOTE SPN_J2M_PCA (@reid_1982)   November 24, 2014 at 6:35 pm

First thing is that SPN is the best show ever, also the thing that is really a shame is that other fans never gave the writers the opportunity to write something about the mark of Cain before complaining, personally I am satisfied with the writers and trust what they do they haven’t let me down yet the only thing I’m wondering about is now that Sam doesn’t have his protection tattoo are they gonna touch on that since he’s not protected but i’m sure we’ll find out the writer’s are doing an amazing job and they must be doin something right since their on the tenth season and I love Dean or Deanmon whatever they decide to do will be fine by me

5. Sillie   November 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

‘Fans of the show have been disappointed so far.’

Ugh. I really wish people would stop heaping us all on a big pile. I’m a fan, and I haven’t been disappointed at all! I’m sure there are fans who are disappointed, but I know just as many fans who, just like me, are loving this season. And seriously, we’re only 6 episodes into the season. Give the writers time to unwrap the storyline! Jeez.

6. aliceincalifornialand   November 24, 2014 at 9:25 am

I agree with Kelly Updahl. I LOVE SUPERNATURAL no matter what. I, too am kicking back and enjoying the ride. I do not criticise it, I think that they are doing a bang up job. Think about how hard it must be to keep coming up with story lines after 10 years? One thing is certain, they are doing something right for the show to have lasted this long! Viva Supernatural!!!!

7. Sara   November 24, 2014 at 8:21 am

I wish someone would tweet this to the showrunner and the producers. We’re not all just fangirls who will squee in delight over the “feels”(this word should be outlawed in this fandom, at this point, IMO) they’re attempting to give us while the nuts and bolts of the writing and the storytelling are going down the drain faster than ever. I cannot fathom how they could have decided to end the DemonDean storyline so quickly. It was all the fandom was talking about all summer-same as with Purgatory. It’s like there’s some unwritten rule that they won’t allow Jensen the opportunity to shine for as long they will allow it for JP. It really does seem as if there’s some kind of bias involved in the writing room where it concerns this. The evidence is too strong after this one. First the Michael/Rigtheous Man storyline, then Purgatory and now this. Unbelievable.

8. Kelly Opdahl   November 24, 2014 at 4:04 am

I think comments like that can make or brake a series everyone is giving 100% in the show
    Just enjoy the ride :))) they know what they’re doing plus they are all away from there families just to make us happy I love SPN no matter what :))))

9. Emma Sproule   November 24, 2014 at 12:51 am

dont like demon dean so the rest of season is gona be bout mark of cain very disapointin and nothin at all bout sam

10. Arline   November 23, 2014 at 8:58 pm

It’s just a shame that DemonDean was cured so fast. I suppose the problem with the Mark of Cain will be solved very fast too. Writers just don’t respect Jensen at all since they always cut his lines like this.

11. Mike   November 23, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I hope the writers not remove Cain Dean’s mark, and the supposed cure is not as fast as the DemonDean

12. Kelly Edwards   November 23, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Dear Laverne,

Why must you compare JP’s acting with JA. Did anybody asked you who is better. They are both very good actors in my opinion. Please don’t put down one for the other. Dean’s story line has nothing to do with JP’s acting. As far I know he is a wonderful actor.

13. Arthur   November 23, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I’d really love to see ore Demon Dean – Jensen did an amazing job with the few episodes they gave him, so maybe he’ll make a return. It’s great to see him getting to stretch his acting chops.

But I’ve loved the show since the beginning – it just gets better every year, as far as I’m concerned. Season four was such a turning point for me – that was the moment I went from casual viewer to fan, and I haven’t looked back. As long as Dean, Sam, and Cas are around, I’m in this for the long haul. Those three are the heart of the show for me. Can’t wait to see the emotional, personal arcs coming up for our guys.

14. nancyinjp   November 23, 2014 at 7:11 pm

More DemonDean. More Jensen Ackles storyline period. Less Robbie Thompson writing important landmark episodes like the 200th, which was horrible in my opinion.

15. coltshot   November 23, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Personally, I’m not disappointed. At. All.
    I can see where a fan looking forward to seeing Dean as a demon could have been disappointed that Jensen didn’t get to play with it more, but the storyline of Dean’s darkness is clearly not finished yet, even if we don’t get to see those black eyes anymore.
    I’m looking forward to seeing where the story goes.

Frankly, no one knows what ‘most fans’ think about any given storyline.

• Michelle Jackles   November 23, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Agreed!! I LOVED Demon Dean… I miss him…but his story isn’t over! And although they billed this as the year of the “deanmon” (lame name imo) This has always been the Mark of Cain storyline…the Demon was just a step along the way. If we see more demon Dean, then great! if it’s all about the Mark of Cain and what it’s doing to Dean…also great! And I have yet to hear anyone say they are disappointed with this season. Lack of Demon Dean, maybe, but the season has been great so far…and that’s what ‘most fans’ I know are saying.

16. Laverne McGee (@firstcoyote)   November 23, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I am really sick and tired of the fans who didn’t like Demon Dean thinking that gives them the right to speak for me. I enjoyed Demon Dean and I know I’m not the only one out here who did. Those fans talk so much about the brotherly relationship, but I notice that it was okay for the show to have countless episodes of the variations of Sam: Angel, Soulless, Demon Blood Junkie, Limp, Wall, Corrupted by Ruby, Samifer, you name it, and through the years not once did I ever see any of these self-appointed spokesfans claim that any of that was getting in the way of the “brotherly relationship.” It’s only when Dean goes dark that there’s all this hypocritical talk about such a plot turn damaging the brotherly relationship, so quick, turn him back because those fans are out of their comfort zone because Jensen is too scary acting like that.

Since they spoke for me, I’ll speak for them: those fans didn’t want something new and exciting, they wanted the same old status quo: something is wrong with Sam, and all Dean has to do is stand around and look worried and handsome. That’s pretty boring.

The show lied about the “Year of The Deanmon.” That’s the kind of stunt that has cost them viewers over the years. They really shot themselves in the foot by curing Demon Dean so early, and that “is he or isn’t he” with the Mark of Cain is really irritating. SPN DOES have a lot to apologize for. Jensen Ackles is a better actor than Jared Padalecki. JA should have been allowed to take DD as far as he could go. I hope this writer is right about Demon Dean coming back, but I’m not holding my breath.

• Alex   November 24, 2014 at 6:15 am

I agree with most you wrote.When Dean turned into a demon I was like heeeelll yeah and when Sam was about to cure him I was like nonono pls stop..I mean they are in season 10 now why can’t they stay with a new plot for a while? Remember how long Dean was in hell? And how long did it take until we had Sam with his soul back? Sam just gets the better and longer plots I’m sorry it’s just a fact…they just turned Dean back, cause of all the fangirls…And I have to say I really love Jared as actor just as much as Jensen, but it’s just unfair….they are starting to lose me as fan in this season, cause nothing is happening NOTHING! The 200th episode also was crap imho, but ok I can forgive them that..BUT why isn’t Dean allowed to be somebody/something different for a while? And what’s up with Cas he just vanishes all the time and where is the real villain? (kain’s wife maybe yea but there is like no main story so far…) And I don’t think they bring Demon Dean back and if they do it would also be sloppy writing just decide on something already…and all the mark of cain stuff ah nobody knows what’s up with that and idk the writing got worse.I was a fan from the beginning and it just hurts to see my favorite series turn into something I don’t like…I’m not giving up yet, but I’m also not far away from it…

• Mrs. Griffin, I say! (@quickreaver)   November 24, 2014 at 9:39 am

Wow, someone might need to step back a little and take a breath…

Please don’t pit Jared vs. Jensen against each other, in any way, shape or form. It’s just asking for conflict and it’s only your opinion.

Let me suggest something: maybe they cut demon!Dean’s initial run short so that the show could revisit his demonic issues as the Mark of Cain flares up again? Also, Jensen has said many that times he doesn’t enjoy it when Dean isn’t Dean; he finds it more consterning than Jared does and is more comfortable when he can nestle into Dean and explore those tighter nuances, as opposed to having to reinvent the character.

Just something to consider.

17. Sue   November 23, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I’m with the others. Demon Dean was a letdown, not having regular Dean back. I’m loving this season so far with the brothers working together again. That can’t happen if Dean is a demon or Sam is an angel or whatever other silly way they’ll find to drive a wedge between them. The writers need to stop making the boys what they aren’t and just focus on them being a team and hunting again. It’s why many of us fell in love with the show to begin with. Season 10 has reminded me a lot of the earlier seasons with the way the boys have been interacting. More of that, please.

18. sarahjay55   November 23, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Wow – we’ve had 6 of 23 episodes! Yes some fans (the emphasis on ‘some’) felt Demon!Dean was cured too soon and too easily… but maybe that’s the point?! No-one – viewers, writers or even characters – has forgotten that the Mark of Cain still needs to be dealt with…
    There are any number of fan theories out there regarding what may or may not be really going on, or may happen next.
    I don’t think there’s any need for an apology of any kind from the writers!

19. SD   November 23, 2014 at 5:51 pm

“Fans of the show have been disappointed so far”
    i was not and am not disappointed in season 10. At least say “some fans”, please instead of talking in generalisations. Not all fans feel the way your article indicates.

20. geordiegirl1967   November 23, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Please do NOT presume to speak for all fans. I was not remotely disappointed to see the back of demon Dean and many fans feel the same. There is no such thing as a consensus in this fandom, so no one is qualified to represent or speak for the fandom as a whole. Very poor journalism!

I, like many others, watch SPN for the brotherly relationship between Dean and Sam. While ever Dean was a demon I couldn’t have that. The writers have no need to apologise to me!

21. Snow   November 23, 2014 at 5:05 pm

omg. this FANDOM. They want the brothers back together (ala S1) and they want Demon!Dean and hello? You cannot have both. I love Show and I will no matter what happens. It’s been a great ride that I do not want to ever end. 😀 Go boys! Best show on tv.

22. AJ   November 23, 2014 at 2:43 pm

The way the demon Dean storyline was handled was quite disappointing so far, it ended way too fast after only three episodes, and with a very anticlimatic curing process. I feel kind of lead on as a fan since they marketed this as the “Year of the Deanmon”, which (as awkward as that phrase is) is why I am tuning in. This is clearly a storyline many fans are very interested in, and the first original storyline after years of boring angel civil war rehashing, it would make absolutely no sense to drop this storyline. Hopefully this writer has the right idea, and it will be revisited and prominently featured for the rest of the season.

23. Kara   November 23, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I was not disappointed. Demon Dean was fun and all but Soulless Sam in S6 went for half a season and was far too long for Sam not to be himself. Same thing for Dean. I love that he still has the Mark of Cain and I also love that I have him back and don’t have to miss him like I did Sam. Such valuable time taken up when they are not themselves.

24. see girl (@seegirrl)   November 23, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I hope you’re right! 3 episodes of demon Dean is NOT enough! They need to stop lying to fans. If they promised a Year of Deanmon they need to give us that! The whole season of demon Dean in all his glory!

25. david roberts   November 23, 2014 at 9:29 am

I love the show .

26. mariofanatic64   November 22, 2014 at 5:44 pm

I think that this show needs to put much more focus on a seasonal arc than the episodic monster hunts. Those kinds of episodes were fine at the beginning of the show because it was establishing the world that Sam and Dean live in, and built suspense for the genuine mystery surrounding the thing that killed Mary.

Over the years viewers have really become attached to the characters and their situations, and the monster of the week episodes are just space occupiers at this point. It’s just another episode where a random monster kills people and end up getting killed themselves. It’s too predictable.

Looking back, I think Season 5 was probably the best season. Almost every episode had some key involvement to the story arc, with most of the standard monster stuff being replaced by revelations, and every episode had it’s importance. It was a very smart season and there hasn’t been anything like it since.

Since then, we’ve been stuck with very small 5 or 6 episode seasons with about 15 random monster hunts in between.

And please, get rid of the Angel plot. Keep Cas as a friend and ally of the Winchesters, but all the other Angels are bland and uninteresting. We care about Cas. We don’t care about Heaven.

• Uhm Yeah   November 23, 2014 at 7:00 am

I really agree. Unless they can find a themeic mythology to explore MOTW is pretty uninteresting and it feels directionless (I suppose that makes sense if it’s about the road trip but the seasons with an overarching purpose (by definition) make sense, flow better and are more engaging). I think they took a wrong turn with angels at the start. The storyline was too political and that is (again, by definition) BORING. I think God needs to step in, validate Cas and give him something to believe in. Cas is the angelic equivalent of Dean in that they are both soldiers and they both need something to fight for. Both have sort of embraced despair and are fighting b/c that’s just what they do. It would be great if there was a way Sam could prove to them that there’s hope. As a character Cas’ function is to bring a different perspective to Sam, Dean and the brother unit through what he learns from them and what they learn from him. That kind of interaction would happen best if they had a shared, somewhat achievable goal. imho.

27. Lucy   November 22, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I’m so disappointed with only 3 episodes of Demon Dean and seeing another Dean’s sl being dropped too soon as ever happen, so i don’t going to hold my breath to a possible back from demon Dean. One thing i learnt with all this years seeing every Dean’s sl being dropped is to have no expectations about his stories to have equal treatment or importance as sam’s stories always have. The only thing i still hope is that spn not give MoC to sam or any other character as they did to Michael’s vessel story. It would be another slap in Dean fans faces.
    Spn never apologized to Dean fans, and how we see on 200th , they even know we exist.

28. greenamberblue   November 22, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I really hope that they don’t plan to just have the Mark of Cain as a B or C plot designed to keep the fans watching while they continue to put the main focus on the bland angels before then dumping the storyline before the season is over (and there are spoilers that indicate that possibly happening). The midseason finale is supposed to be pivotal episode and yet there is no mention in the official description of the Mark of Cain, which is supposed to a big deal this season, there has also been no mention in any of the other episode descriptions in the episodes leading to it, which makes me think the MoC is just going to remain in the background until at least after Christmas. Now if I trusted the writers more, I would think that this is because the MoC is not going anywhere and the writers are in it for the long haul with the MoC..kind of like Sam’s demon blood storyline from the earlier seasons, that wove in and out of other storylines for over 5 years, but this isn’t Sam..this is Dean-who-gets-every-damn-storyline-of-his-dropped Winchester we’re talking about, and especially after Purgatory I will always be wary of them.

• BleedTeal93   November 23, 2014 at 1:56 pm

It probably doesn’t say anything in the synopsis because they don’t want to give anything away. Like you said, the mid-season finale is supposed to be a pivotal episode. Why ruin it with a description? If we have no idea, and end up watching and seeing it, then we’ll be even more surprised and then have to wait 5 weeks.