Supernatural Season 10 Winter Hiatus Bringing Back Demon Dean?

Supernatural

Demon Dean may be coming back in time for the Supernatural season 10 winter hiatus. If he does not come back, there certainly seems like there will be some hints towards it for the second half of the season. The winter hiatus will air on the CW on Tuesday December 9, and is titled The Things We Left Behind.

Fans of the show have been disappointed so far. Season 10 of Supernatural was promised to be the year of the Deanmon. The end of season nine saw Dean killed by Metatron, only to be reborn as a demon. This is not about a demon taking over Dean’s body, but about Dean actually being that demon. It took three episodes for Sam to find his brother and cure him.

While fans were disappointed, it seems that the writers never forgot about the Mark of Cain. By episode six, Dean had finally killed again, and he was certainly not himself during it. The Mark of Cain is still threatening to turn him into something he does not want to be. Or it could be that the demon inside him is still there, deep down. As a Knight of Hell, he may just repressed his demon side, rather than being cured of it.

SupernaturalThere are a number of hints that Demon Dean will be brought back some time during the Supernatural season 10 winter hiatus. The question is when it will happen. It would certainly have people intrigued if it happened right at the last second.

The question is whether fans accept the unspoken apology for it not quite being the year of the Deanmon after all. Is this too little too late for those who were so excited about seeing Demon Dean for at least half of the season?

According to the synopsis, Claire Novak is making a reappearance. She is the daughter of Castiel’s vessel, and has been in a group home. She will escape and it is up to the Winchesters to get her back on the right path. At the same time, Dean is to make a decision about the Mark of Cain. Will he decide to get rid of it, or will he decide to take it on fully? Is there even a way to get rid of it without passing it onto someone else?

Episode nine is apparently going to be an “odd” episode, according to Supernatural director Guy Norman Bee. However, that is supposed to be a good thing. Bee directed Devil May Care and Stairway to Heaven, so is known for his more memorable episodes, so it would make sense for this one to follow suit.

At the same time, the episode is expected to bring up memories of the past again. Many fans enjoy these brotherly moments, especially when they get to hear mentions of the boys’ father, John. It seems like a bittersweet moment if Dean really does give into his demonic nature. Many will be excited to hear that Demon Dean may be brought back for the Supernatural season 10 winter hiatus.

Opinion by Alexandria Ingham

Source:

Enstars

34 Responses to "Supernatural Season 10 Winter Hiatus Bringing Back Demon Dean?"

1. Darkcheif117   February 4, 2015 at 9:40 pm

I don’t really think it’s fair how the producers and the actors of the show kept teasing us about Demon Dean for this season they were making it sound like he was going to be around for awhile but no he was cured in 3 episodes, remember season 4? Sam had demon blood in him and it was for like half of the season the same thing with souless same it was for half of the season and Demon Dean only lasts 3 episodes. They could of had Deanmon last till the end of this season then have Dean deal with the Mark in season 11. Jensen even said he wanted the Deanmon arc to last longer he even said the writers wanted him to last longer but they said they only have 23 episodes in the season and they have to get going, wtf that is total bs because remember when I said souless Sam was for half of the season? He was and the writers didn’t say anything about that. They call this the Year of the Deanmon they should change it to 3 episodes of the Deanmon. I was so excited for this season mostly because of seeing Dean turn into a demon at the end of season 9 he was such a great character only to be thrown out the window and to be forgotten by the writers.

2. Potato_77   December 17, 2014 at 2:49 am

I feel like people shouldnt complain about the writers or plot of the show unless they know they can do better. Personally I think its an awesome show but it bugs me when “fans” are disappointed in it. Fan Fiction was amazingly done and I couldn’t have asked for a better 200th episode. If you don’t like it then stop watching Supernatural.

3. Εlena V. Tolia   November 24, 2014 at 11:36 pm

I WANT TO SAY…I AM A FAN SINCE 2005 FROM THE FIRST EPISODE….FOR ME SPN IS THE BAST SHOW…IT IS EPIC..!!! BUT I ACPECTED MORE FROM SEASON 10 MUCH MUCH MORE….FOR THE FIRST 3 EPISODES OF THE SEASON…I WAS SO HAPPY…SO EXCIETED…THAN…DIDN’T PLAY OUT…THE DEMON IN HIM….! ISAID…OK..LET SEE…IT’S THE BEST SHOW…THEY HAVE SURPRISES….THAN THE DISAPPOINTMENT…IN “PAPER MOON”…AND THE VERY BIG DISAPPOINTMENT IN “FAN FICTION”…THE 200TH SPN EPISODE…OHH…NO…I CRYED…I THOUGHT…NO…THEY DO THIS…ON PURPOSE…THE WANT TO “END” SPN ONCE AND FOR ALL!!! I REALLY WAS SO SAD!!! WHY??(AND…IT MEANS NOTHING TO ME TO SAY…THAT FAN FICTION WAS GREAT…SO TO BE KIND….EVEN MY 9YEARS OLD DAUGHTER….SAID..:”MAMI…THEY WANT SPN TO LOOK BAD…EVEN FOR MY AGE…THIS SO DUMM”….!!! WHO’S IDEA WAS THAT….!!! I VERY SURE…IT WASN’T THE GREAT KRIPKE…HE’S AWESOME!!! NOW…IN “ASK JEEVES”… I SAID…OK WERE “ON” AGAIN…!!NOW I HOPE…THAT…FROM HERE ON…I ENJOY OUR…GREAT…SUPERNATURAL….FOR MANY…MANY SEASONS….AS THE SHOW THATS ALWAYS WAS…HUNTING THINGS,SAVING PEOPLE..THE FAMILY BUSSINES…!!
    PLEASE….LET THE SHOW…BE AMAZING 100% AGAIN!!! YOU CAN…THE BOYS CAN…YOU ARE ALL AWESOME!!! AND WHEN YOU WRITERS SAY…IT’S THE YEAR OF DEANMON….I BELIEVE YOU…AND WAIT FOR IT!!!LOVE SPN FOREVER!!
    (SORRY…FOR MY ENGLISH….IF I HAVE SOME WRITER MYSTAKES…I’M NOT..ENGLISH..I ‘M FROM GERMANY…AND I WILL GET BETTER!! (THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!)

• Εlena V. Tolia   November 24, 2014 at 11:39 pm

sorry i wrote…the ‘BAST SHOW…’….I MEAN…”THE BEST SHOW”….OF COURSE!!! SORRY AGAIN…AND SORRY!!!

4. VOTE SPN_J2M_PCA (@reid_1982)   November 24, 2014 at 6:35 pm

First thing is that SPN is the best show ever, also the thing that is really a shame is that other fans never gave the writers the opportunity to write something about the mark of Cain before complaining, personally I am satisfied with the writers and trust what they do they haven’t let me down yet the only thing I’m wondering about is now that Sam doesn’t have his protection tattoo are they gonna touch on that since he’s not protected but i’m sure we’ll find out the writer’s are doing an amazing job and they must be doin something right since their on the tenth season and I love Dean or Deanmon whatever they decide to do will be fine by me

5. Sillie   November 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

‘Fans of the show have been disappointed so far.’

Ugh. I really wish people would stop heaping us all on a big pile. I’m a fan, and I haven’t been disappointed at all! I’m sure there are fans who are disappointed, but I know just as many fans who, just like me, are loving this season. And seriously, we’re only 6 episodes into the season. Give the writers time to unwrap the storyline! Jeez.

6. aliceincalifornialand   November 24, 2014 at 9:25 am

I agree with Kelly Updahl. I LOVE SUPERNATURAL no matter what. I, too am kicking back and enjoying the ride. I do not criticise it, I think that they are doing a bang up job. Think about how hard it must be to keep coming up with story lines after 10 years? One thing is certain, they are doing something right for the show to have lasted this long! Viva Supernatural!!!!

7. Sara   November 24, 2014 at 8:21 am

I wish someone would tweet this to the showrunner and the producers. We’re not all just fangirls who will squee in delight over the “feels”(this word should be outlawed in this fandom, at this point, IMO) they’re attempting to give us while the nuts and bolts of the writing and the storytelling are going down the drain faster than ever. I cannot fathom how they could have decided to end the DemonDean storyline so quickly. It was all the fandom was talking about all summer-same as with Purgatory. It’s like there’s some unwritten rule that they won’t allow Jensen the opportunity to shine for as long they will allow it for JP. It really does seem as if there’s some kind of bias involved in the writing room where it concerns this. The evidence is too strong after this one. First the Michael/Rigtheous Man storyline, then Purgatory and now this. Unbelievable.

8. Kelly Opdahl   November 24, 2014 at 4:04 am

I think comments like that can make or brake a series everyone is giving 100% in the show
    Just enjoy the ride :))) they know what they’re doing plus they are all away from there families just to make us happy I love SPN no matter what :))))