Under the Dome Season 3 Will Premiere in June 2015

Under the DomeIn early October, CBS officially announced that Under the Dome has been renewed for season three, but the exact release date was not revealed yet. However, based on the first two seasons, the residents of Chester’s Mill are expected to return to TV screens in late June, 2015 on CBS.

Despite the fact that the show suffered great loss of viewers in the second season, compared to the first season, which brought huge ratings, Under the Dome was renewed for season three. Since it was questionable if the show will get a green light for another season, several rumours are suggesting that season three might be the show’s final season.

The performance of Under the Dome for the second season was widely criticized. However, despite the fact that it had significantly lower ratings than the first season, it still had a strong audience reach. The show was reported to be the top scripted series for summer, since its second season raked in at least 11 million viewers, 2.7 million of which belonged to the targeted 18-49 age demographic.

Also, four days after CBS had put out the episodes, the additional viewing was made available on Prime Instant Video by Amazon. Thanks to this deal, CBS reportedly earned around $900,000 for every episode.

Neal Baer, who is the Under the Dome Executive Producer, recently said that he has already come up with specific plans for the show as it progresses to the third season. According to Bear, they have great adventures ahead and the creators have set it up so that the show can keep going, because there are a lot of stories to be told.

Bear also said that things change as the show continues and that he does not really know it will end. However, Bear did reveal that the creators of Under the Dome do have some ideas about how the show will end, but the ending will most certainly be different from the book’s conclusion.

After two seasons, the residents of Chester’s Mill remain trapped under this mysterious dome. Well, they did find a way out, but Big Jim managed to destroy it and he took their only hope of ever leaving that place. However, as they go into the hole where Melanie disappeared, Barbie and the gang soon discover that there is another tunnel, which hopefully leads out.

In season two finale, everyone except Julia, Junior and Big Jim, follow Barbie through this new tunnel. And just when it looks like they are stuck, since they find themselves in front of a wall, a Monarch butterfly appears and it sits on one of the rocks. Barbie puts his hand on that rock, the wall starts shaking and it falls apart. As the wall disappears, a strong light appears and the next thing they all see is Melanie, who looks at them and she says that they should follow her because they are going home.

Since Under the Dome season two ended with some huge cliffhangers, the viewers are probably anxiously waiting for season three. And hopefully, the creators will start giving some answers, not only regarding the season two finale, but also some other questions that still remain mystery since the day that the show aired for the first time.

By: Janette Verdnik

International Business Times
IMDb
GLV

16 Responses to "Under the Dome Season 3 Will Premiere in June 2015"

1. tammy   June 23, 2015 at 7:12 am

YEAH!!! I am so ready for this to come back on love this show

2. barbara berry   May 28, 2015 at 4:45 pm

I can’t wait! It kept me at the edge of my chair! Ithink its a great show!! I surely will be watching it again!!

3. jpniteyJPN   April 19, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Without doubt the stupidest, pathetically acted, nonsensical story line ever to grace TV screens anywhere on the friggin’ planet.
    Mr King and NBC should hang their collective heads in shame at such a travesty.

4. Mary   April 6, 2015 at 7:18 pm

YEAH! I am so happy there will be season 3 of Under the Dome. That is a good start in June 2015. Keep me posted for sure when it will premier. I am so excited.

5. Cindy   March 14, 2015 at 8:21 pm

So excited that it’s going to continue for another season. I’m a big Steven King fan and even though this isn’t exactly like the book, it still has me hooked. I will continue to watch it for as long as they keep creating it.

6. anurag pathak   February 13, 2015 at 9:35 am

Really really really curious about 3 season …can’t wait.

7. Mary   January 30, 2015 at 8:51 am

I am counting down the days until Under The Dome airs. The excitement of what will be for everyone in the town of Chesters Mill. Why the dome ever came about and the secrets from the past. Will everyone come back that died or was killed by Big Jim? We as fans can not wait to find out! I will be thinking of all the fans of Under The Dome when season 3 starts. To all happy watching!

8. desiree   January 23, 2015 at 11:15 pm

I love this show

9. Richard naron   January 21, 2015 at 12:23 am

Thanks for under the dome coming back. I can’t wait for it. I never missed it. I’m so excited. Thank yall .

10. Mary Clarke   January 12, 2015 at 2:34 pm

I am so pleased Under the Dome will have season 3. I am so excited. I love Under the Dome. Thanks to the producer cast and most of all Stephan King. The show will have lasting memories for all Under the Dome Fans! LOVE you guys, THANKS!!!

11. Tom   January 11, 2015 at 9:05 pm

I’ve never seen a show this awesome. It’s fantastic!

12. MARY   December 7, 2014 at 4:58 pm

I Love Under The Dome! I too never missed an episode of season 1 or 2. Don’t leave us in another cliffhanger Stephan King! Make us happy. I wish Under The Dome can go on forever! Best regards Stephan King. Also to the cast & crew! Love you guys.

13. Dakota   November 23, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Ive seen every episode never missed one episode and I’m not planning on missing a show either I luv this

14. Dakota   November 23, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I really hope it goes on I luv under the dome

15. Cheryl   November 5, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I really hope it continues for more than 5 years i think its such a great show so much stories to share and so much love for the characters, maybe for season 3 to show more secrets in the past to excite the fans which will help the ratings and for the barbie fans would love to see more further into their relationships.

16. Joyce   November 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm

I can’t wait for season 3 never missed an episode of season 1 or 2. I even have it on dvd, can’t wait for season 2 to come out on dvd