Jawbone® today announced European availability and a new Android™ application for UP™, its revolutionary wristband and app system that helps you learn things about yourself and your lifestyle that you never knew. UP fits effortlessly into the way you live to help you understand how you sleep, move, eat and feel, and how those activities affect one another. It delivers useful and engaging information through a smartphone application that generates personalized insights to help you make meaning of the data and achieve your goals.
“We are excited to expand the UP community by introducing support for Android, 11 new languages for
iOS, and product availability in more than 25 additional countries around the world,” said Travis Bogard, Jawbone vice president of product management and strategy. “Everyone wants to improve upon themselves; we’ve found this to be a fundamental human desire, no matter where a person is starting
from or what they want to achieve. Today marks a big step toward our commitment to help people
establish a basis for behavior change by bringing UP to everyone who wants to live better lives.”
UP Gives You a Rich Picture of Yourself
UP utilizes sensors in the wristband, the powerful phone in your pocket, and data in the cloud to deliver a narrative of your daily life:
• Sleep: UP employs a revolutionary sleep tracking system. Sophisticated motion-sensing technology tracks micro-movements of your wrist to deliver unprecedented detail including how long it took you to fall asleep, how much light vs. deep sleep you got, how long you were in bed and how many times you woke up during the night. By using the new Power Nap feature or setting the silent Smart Alarm, UP wakes you at the most optimal point in your sleep cycle so you wake up feeling refreshed and alert.
• Move: UP gives you comprehensive information about how you move throughout the day, including active vs. idle time, intensity of movement, total steps, distance, and calories burned. UP also vibrates gently to remind you to get up and move when you’ve been inactive for a specified amount of time.
• Eat: UP helps you understand more about your food choices. Simply take a photo of your food to create a visual journal, or go deeper by scanning a barcode or searching the database for more complete nutritional information.
• Mood: UP lets you keep track of how you feel throughout the day so you can correlate how your sleep, movement and eating affect your mood.
• Insights: UP analyzes your data to deliver highly personalized insights. It reveals connections between different elements of your life, shows how you compare to others, and educates with new information that’s tailored for you. The more you use UP, the more powerful the insights will become.
UP is Designed for the Way You Live
UP is a sophisticated computer wrapped comfortably around your wrist and built to withstand everyday
life. Encased in a smooth, hypoallergenic, medical-grade rubber, UP is shower- and splash-resistant so
that you can wear it all day and night. With up to ten days of battery life you rarely have to take it off to
“The UP band is powered by the patented MotionX® engine which encapsulates years of technology
development and innovation on the biomechanics of natural human motion. The accuracy and power
efficiency of MotionX has been critical in enabling UP to deliver a 24/7 product experience,” said
Philippe Kahn, CEO and founder of Fullpower, developer of the MotionX technology.
Available Beginning March 20
The UP band comes in three sizes (Small, Medium, and Large) and eight colors (Onyx, Mint Green, Light Grey, Blue, Navy Blue, Red, Orange, Hunter Green), and will be available at Jawbone.com and Apple Stores in Europe beginning today. Apple Stores in Asia and Australia will begin carrying UP next month, along with other retail locations in Europe, Asia, Australia, and The Middle East. Visit Jawbone.com/retail-partners for the most up-to-date availability.
The UP by Jawbone App for Android is available today as a free download on Google Play™. Jawbone’s
iOS app, UP by Jawbone 2.4, is available today in 11 languages as a free download from the App Store.
The UP wristband is required for the app.
For more information please visit http://www.jawbone.com/PR and follow @Jawbone on Twitter.
For more than a decade, Jawbone® has developed human-centered wearable technology and audio devices that solve everyday problems and help us live better. A 2010 IDSA Design of the Decade winner, the company is the creator of the best-selling JAMBOX™ and BIG JAMBOX™ wireless speakers, the award-winning Jawbone ERA and ICON Bluetooth® headsets, and NoiseAssassin® technology. Jawbone’s approach to lifestyle tracking is unique, with over 110 patents filed related to UP™ and its wearable technology manufacturing processes. Jawbone is privately held and headquartered in San Francisco.
Founded in 2003, by Philippe Kahn, the creator of the camera-phone, Fullpower-MotionX leads the mobile sensing revolution. With a broad IP portfolio, the MotionX technology platform powers leading solutions from companies such as Jawbone, Comcast, Pioneer, Nike, JVC and others. Fullpower sees iPhone and iPad applications as a showcase for the MotionX technology platform. MotionX applications have established leadership in Health, Fitness and Navigation.