President Clinton’s Uranium Deal with Yeltsin and the Dead Bodies that Followed


Mykhaylo (Mike) Kryzhanovsky is a former KGB agent who came to the United States and was granted asylum in 1958. He has worked for five different Secret Services. This is the second of a series of articles detailing some of the information Mike has uncovered in his line of work, and its subjects will be Mike’s recruitment, his initial activities as CIA agent, and the Clinton/Gore/Yeltsin deal for enriched uranium from Russia over a twenty-year time span.

Mykhaylo was recruited at the Hilton in NYC on September 1, 1995. He refers to it as “Millenium Hilton.” His CIA code name was “Filament.” Besides the two CIA agents who were in the room with him, “Bill” and “Joe,” Mike also met with a man called Frank from the FBI National Security Division, so Mike ended up working for both the CIA and the FBI.

According to Mike, the CIA has the continuation of its own existence very much as its top priority. Though they are involved in international affairs to an extent, the CIA also has the desire and possibly need to control the Congress and the White House, in order to ensure its own continuation as an organization.

One of Mike’s initial tasks was to spy on the U.S. Congress. He worked with Congressional Librarian James Billington, who thought that Kryzhanovsky was a political scientist working through his Moscow office. In that capacity, Billington could then introduce Mike to Senators and U.S. Representatives.

Mike relates that he met James Billington actually through Irene Steckler. She promised Mike to help him meet James Billington.

Library card-1


Kryzhanovsky’s initial job was to penetrate the Congress and White House under the guise of being a political scientist. He would, according to Mike: “… supply the  White House staff, Senators and Representatives with new political ideas, promote the CIA influence on top politicians, become the ‘tool’ helping to make big political plans and decisions, make private contacts with law makers.” He also checked out the security system of the White House and Congress.

Mike  understood that the CIA/FBI top priority was not national security, but to have control over the White House and the U.S. Congress.

Who was the CIA Director at the time?

The CIA Director was John Deutch. Deutch was born in Belgium to a Russian father and he was the only Russian CIA Director.

Before John Deutch became the CIA Director, he first was employed in other jobs that allowed him to have access to top secret information. The list of jobs Deutch has had follows:

1977-1980 The US Department of Energy: Director of Energy Research
Acting Assistant Secretary for Energy Technology
Under Secretary
1980-1981 President’s Nuclear Safety Oversight Commission
1983 President’s Commission on Strategic Forces
1985-1989 The White House Science Council
1990-1993 The President’s Intelligence Advisory Board
1993-1994 Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology
Deputy Defense Secretary
1995-1996 Director of Central Intelligence
1996 The President’s Commission on Aviation Safety and Security
1998-1999 Chairman of the Commission to Assess the Organization of the Federal Government to Combat the Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction

Deutch was appointed by President Clinton and stayed in Langley from 1995-1996. According to Mike, John Deutch personally ordered his recruitment, and he was a Russian “mole.” He’s safe from being prosecuted because  Bill  Clinton  pardoned this “enemy of the state (Mike’s opinion of him)” in 2001.

What are the threesigns to triangulate a “mole”?
1. Two days after Deutch retired from the CIA, on December 16, 1996, technical personnel discovered at his house highly classified information stored on his unclassified computer, loaded from his agency computer. He refused to explain why he violated strict security rules.

Why would he have such information on his personal computer? Deutch would have had to have known that doing so constituted a huge breach of security. Besides that, according to Kryzhanovsky, the Director of Central Intelligence has no need to “have highly classified data on his home computer, because he is a bureaucrat, not an analyst.”

Also, Deutch would have had to have known that the Internet-connected computer is accessible to anyone with some technical knowledge. You don’t have to send any information —  Russians will quite easily read secret information right from your home computer.

2. In 1997 the CIA began a formal security investigation. It was determined that Deutch’s computer was often connected to the Internet with no security, and that Deutch was known to leave memory cards with classified data lying in his car. Deutch used his influence to stop any further  investigation and the CIA took no action until 1999, when it suspended his security clearances. He admitted finally to the security breach and he apologized but refused to explain his communication via Internet with some Russian chemist.

3. In 1999 the Defense Department started its own investigation, and it appeared that in 1993 Deutch, as Defense Undersecretary, used unsecured computers at home and his America Online (!) account to access classified defense information. As Deputy Defense Secretary, he declined departmental requests in 1994 to allow security systems to be installed in his residence.

In 2000 Senator Charles Grassley asked the Justice Department to look into the case. There was no investigation.

Then, in 2001, President Clinton pardoned Deutch. Since 2000 Deutch has been a MIT Professor and Director for Citigroup.

How did the uranium deal between the Russians and Bill Clinton go down?

In 1993 Vice President Gore and Russian Prime Minister Chernomyrdin signed a 20-year $12 billion deal under which Russia would ship its weapons-grade uranium to the United States.

Why, and under what circumstances did the deal occur?

In his over 1,000-page memoir My Life (2004), Bill Clinton didn’t come right out and say anything directly  about this “deal of a century.”

Instead, Clinton writes:

In the afternoon [April, 3, 1993] we [Clinton and Russian President Yeltsin] agreed on a way to institutionalize cooperation, with a commission headed by Vice President Gore and Russian Prime Minister Victor Chernomyrdin.

“The idea was developed by Strobe [Talbott] and Georgi Mamedov, the Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, and it worked better than any of us could have imagined, thanks largely to the consistent and concentrated efforts made over the years by Al Gore and his Russian counterparts in working through a host of difficult, contentious problems [p. 507].”

Later on the following year, Clinton adds:

On January 30 [1996], Prime Minister Victor Chernomyrdin of Russia came to the White House for his sixth meeting with Al Gore. After they finished their commission business, Chernomyrdin came to see me to brief me on events in Russia and Yeltsin’s prospects for reelection [p. 697].”

What was the idea that was “developed” by Talbot? What extremely secret commission was “headed by Gore and Chernomyrdin”? Why was Clinton so happy that “it worked better than any of us could have imagined”? What “commission business” did Al Gore and his partner finish on January 30, 1996?

The U.S.–Russian Joint Commission on Economic and Technological Cooperation was created at President Clinton and President Yeltsin’s summit meeting in Vancouver, in April 1993.

Since then the commission has become known as the Gore–Chernomyrdin Commission (GCC), after its co-chairmen US Vice President Al Gore and Russian Prime Minister Victor Chernomyrdin.

The Commission’s original mandate was to support cooperation between the United States and Russia in the areas of space, energy and high technology.

This “mandate,” according to Mike, was a ruse to mask work on a non-proliferation agreement to convert highly enriched uranium (HEU) taken from dismantled Russian nuclear warheads into low-enriched uranium (LEU) fuel to be sold to customers in the USA and worldwide through the USEC (United States Enrichment Company). USEC was created in 1993 as a government corporation with the mission to restructure the US government’s uranium enrichment operation and to prepare it for sale to the private sector.

Doc. 20 Cover. MK-2

It was on April 26, 1996 that Bill Clinton signed into law the USEC Privatization Act.

The HEU Agreement required the United States to purchase through USEC 500 metric tons, $12 billion worth, of HEU.

How many deaths have resulted because of this business arrangement for uranium? 

Three Russian statesmen tried to investigate the Clinton- Yeltsin deal – Ruvim Nureyev, Lev Rokhlin, Yuri Shchekotchikhin. All of them are dead.

1. Ruvim Nureyev. The Russia Chief Inspector for Nuclear and Radiation Safety, who strongly opposed the deal, was found dead on the railroad tracks in June 1996. The incident was described as a suicide.

2. Lev Rokhlin. The Russian State Duma Deputy Lieutenant General Lev Rokhlin was a politician of rare honesty and bravery. In 1998 Rokhlin started his own official investigation into the Clinton-Yeltsin deal. Lev Maximov, the Nuclear Technologies Institute Director, who helped Rokhlin to obtain the documents, received death threats.

What was General  Lev Roklhin’s fate?

On July 3, 1998 Rokhlin was shot three times and killed in his house while he was sleeping. His wife, Tamara Rokhlina, was arrested and testified that she killed him “for reasons of personal enmity.”

She later recanted her testimony, saying she incriminated herself under threat. Rokhlin’s bodyguard, who was there that night, testified that he heard no gunshots (the killers used a silencer).

Within days three more dead bodies were found in the vicinity of the Rokhlin household and were cremated before they could be identified. In November 2000, Rokhlina was convicted of murder and sentenced to 8 years in prison, but the Supreme Court overturned the verdict and ordered a new trial.

On October 2, 1998 the US Congress, taking into account that Lev Rokhlin was a former Russian State Duma Defense Committee Chairman, asked President Clinton to “urge the Russia Government to promptly and thoroughly investigate” the case. Of course, Bill Clinton was smart enough not to dig his own grave, and just ignored this request.

How did Lev Rokhlin get involved in the deal at all?

First, Lev Rokhlin assumed the chairmanship of the Defense Committee of the Duma and, in doing so, he became the highest-ranking elected official in the Duma working on Defense issues.

Then, Lev Rokhlin became involved in the investigation of illegal arms from Russia to Armenia and other nations.

Beginning in October 1997, Lev Rokhlin advocated the resignation of President Yeltsyn. Following that, attempts were made for 6 months to remove Lev Rokhlin from his Committee chairmanship.

On July 3,1998, Lev Rokhlin was stripped of the chairmanship of the Defense Committee, but maintained his position as a member of Duma.

Then, on July 3,1998, Lev Rokhlin was shot in the head three times and killed.

Members of Lev Rokhlin’s family have stated that Rokhlin’s wife, Tamara Pavlovna Rokhlina, was physically abused and was threatened with death unless she accepted responsibility for Lev Rokhlin’s murder.

Lev Rokhlin’s bodyguard, who was in the home the night of the murder, claimed that he heard no gunshots.

Three bodies were cremated by the Moscow government authorities before they could be identified.

After Rokhlin was murdered in 1998, the famous Russian reporter Yuri Shchekotchikhin continued his investigation and concentrated his efforts in two directions.

First, he tried to obtain the first Gore–Chernomyrdin Agreement (September 2, 1993), but President Yeltsin and then  President Putin denied the requests.

Second, he started a full-scale investigation into the Atomic Ministry corruption and — against Atomic Minister Adamov in person.

On June 16, 2003, Yuri lost consciousness and was taken to the Central (Kremlin) Hospital. He was pronounced dead after lying still unconscious for 12 days. (The official diagnosis — a flu). All medical records are still classified, but experts insist he was poisoned by thallium or cadmium.

Professor Eugene Adamov was in 1986-1998 a Director of the NIKIET (a secret Research and Development Institute of Power Engineering).

He was secretly involved in the Gore–Chernomyrdin deal as the chief expert on the Russian side (even Russian Defense Minister Rodionov knew nothing about it). In 1994 he opened the consulting and management company “Omeka, Ltd.” registered in Pennsylvania (by the end of 1999 the company had assets valued of $5,080,000) by his wife.

In 1996 he signed a forged contract between NIKIET and “Omeka,” and opened other companies and banking accounts in Monaco, Switzerland and France to start money laundering the stolen funds the US Department of Energy provided Russia to improve safety at Russian nuclear facilities.

On May 2, 2005 Adamov was arrested in Bern, Switzerland, and was charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States and to transfer stolen money and securities ($9 million), money laundering and tax evasion. US prosecutors demanded his extradition to the United States, but Russia did the same, asking to send Adamov back home where he would be faced a trial.

Swiss authorities asked Adamov if he was willing to accept simplified extradition to the United States. He rejected that and Washington had to file a formal extradition request. The battle began.

The money laundering scheme blew up into an international scandal. The American government’s insistence on extraditing Adamov looked strange until Bill Clinton appeared on the stage on October 5, 2005 to save Adamov from 60 years in jail. Actually, someone hired a lawyer for Adamov, Lanny Breuer, a nice young fellow from the Washington, DC based “Covington & Burling.”

Breuer had worked as a special Counsel to President Clinton in 1997-1999 and represented him in the presidential impeachment hearings and trial.

This was not a battle between Russia and USA – it was a battle between the Republicans and Democrats for the Oval Office in 2008. Russians and their asset (Mike’s description of Clinton) Bill Clinton had to win this struggle no matter what — if Adamov was extradited to America, he would “sing” about everything the Clinton-Yeltsin deal and share his federal cell with Bill Clinton.

Meanwhile President Bush, a Republican, needed victory to remove the Clintons from the political arena forever.

Clinton won – then, on December 18, 2005, the Swiss Supreme Court overturned a previous ruling by the Justice Ministry, which had said that Adamov must first face the US courts.

On December 30, 2005 Adamov was extradited from Switzerland to Russia, thus opening the door to the Big Presidential Game  for Hillary Clinton. She lost in 2008. Mike wonders “What price will the Russians ask Hillary Clinton to pay for Adamov’s silence, if she’s elected the US President in 2016?”

The third article in the series of revelations that Mykhaylo (Mike) Kryzhanovsky has related to me is full of even more information that might change how you look at the world forever.

Written by: Douglas Cobb

4 Responses to "President Clinton’s Uranium Deal with Yeltsin and the Dead Bodies that Followed"