The impressive line of Nokia Lumia phones and tablets continue to produce dominating specs that seem to fall behind the spotlight of Apple and Samsung. The partnership between Nokia and Microsoft rose to a merger that has developed quality items with tech specs that continue to impress. To steal a piece of the Apple spotlight is a mighty feat, but Nokia is a doing an excellent job of making its presence known. For the Q3 sales, Nokia reported “at least eight million” Windows phones were sold, surpassing their Q2 sales of $7.4 million. The company is doing amazing things. Curious about the specs for their most popular items? Check out the snapshot of specs below.
Nokia Lumia 1320
Launching today in China, the 1320 is a scaled down and more affordable version of the 1520. Its expected to expand into the Asian markets over the next few weeks and additional countries. The specs are pretty impressive and include:
- 6-inch IPS, LCD display, resolution is 1280 x 720 245ppi.
- Sports the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor, dual-core 1.7GHz.
- 1GB of RAM with 8GB of memory and can expand memory up to 64GB.
- Microsoft is offering 7GB of free cloud storage, an excellent benefit.
- Windows 8 OS.
- Up to 21 hours of active talk time.
- Rear facing camera is 5-megapixels. It handles the stellar, newer features of Storyteller and Creative Studio. Secondary VGA camera.
- It is slightly heavier than the 1520 but sports an impressive spec list.
- This business inspired smartphone is stated to cost an impressively low $339 off contract.
The 1320 is a welcoming choice overseas and many customers in the Asian and European markets are looking to embrace the Windows infused phone.
Nokia Lumia 2520 tablet
- With a stunning 10.1-inch IPS, LCD display, Nokia delivered a quality device.
- It houses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip and quad-core 2.2GHz processor.
- 6.7-megapixel camera sensor with a front facing 1.2-megapixel and it shoots a sharp 1080P video. Even in low lights, the 2520 did an impressive job.
- 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
- 1.36 pounds of weight does make it heavier than the iPad Air, but remains relatively light in comparison to other tablet models.
- The 2520 does allow for an expandable memory card.
- Windows RT OS
- Available in a multiple array of colors like Cyan and Red.
- Polycarbonate plastic that is sleek to the touch.
- Up to 10 hours of active use.
- $499 off contract
Nokia Lumia 1520
Reviews of the 1520 have been stellar compared to its predecessors. This recent release since the merge of Windows and Nokia shows a dominating factor that may finally budge iPhone and Galaxy customers.
- Stunning 6-inch display with a 1080 x 1920 336ppi resolution.
- 20-megapixel rear facing camera and a front facing 1.2-megapixels camera. Loads of camera features such as Optical Image Stabilization, Exposure compensation and Burst Mode.
- Up to 27 hours of avid talk time and an impressive 32 days of standby time.
- 32GB raw storage and permits memory card expansion up to 64GB.
- Housed within is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, quad-core 2200GHz processor.
- The phone at 8.7mm is slimmer than competitor HTC One Max. The curved sides allows manageability to hold the device.
- Color profile management allows users to change the temperature and saturation of the phone to boost visual appeal.
- Windows 8 OS
- While the Windows app store remains sparse, it still allows access to the most popular apps featured on the Apple app store and the Google Play store.
- Up to $629 for the unlocked no contract version, the Lumia 1520 is priced to sell.
Nokia Lumia Wrap-up
Nokia continues to develop quality devices, embedded with stellar camera features and infused with Windows exemplary software. The technology, in the midst of Samsung and Apple, is still a work in progress, but the company is on the right track. Nokia has developed a dedicated following of customers with their expansive phone selections and ever growing tablets. Thoughts on the Nokia line? Have a favorite device? Share in the comments.