Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare Releases Biggest Update Yet

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare Legends of the Lawn

The wacky third-person shooter take on the Plants vs Zombies series just released a huge update that is free for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC. The Legends of the Lawn update gives all players a new game mode, seven new characters, and a lot more customization items. This update is free and currently available for download.

Popcap Games promised that Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare would pump out free updates and they have kept good on that promise. Not including the Cheetos Pack, (in which gamers could get two different Chester Cheetah character outfits from specially marked Cheetos bags) this is the fifth free downloadable update and it is available for all systems. Part of the reason why this pack is so big is because of all the new characters, some of which were made with the capture the flag game mode in mind.

This new update adds a new game type that is a one-sided version of Capture the Flag, called Taco Bandit. In this new mode the zombies attempt to steal precious tacos from Crazy Dave and the plants. In order for the zombies to win, they need to steal three tacos, if they fail, then the plants win.

“This is what capture the flag could look like”

New additions to both sides help to balance the battlefield. The plant side can fortify their defenses and can even set-up potted turrets for the first time. In a similar fashion the zombie team has the ability to summon additional A.I zombies from the grave to build an army and overwhelm the plants. Such an increase in numbers really takes Plants vs Zombies back to its roots.

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare Legends of the Lawn Plasma Pea

The zombie team gets four new characters: Sanitation Expert, Centurion, Paleontologist, and Golf Star. The Sanitation Expert is a toxic-based engineer that works best with a group by his side. The Centurion is a Roman-inspired soldier with a fire-powered crossbow with solid range. The Paleontologist shoots molten magma that burns enemies over time. The Golf Star has surprisingly good range when zoomed and can deal massive damage in a short amount of time.

The plants have three new characters: Chomp Thing, Jade Cactus, and Alien Flower. Chomp thing is more nasty than normal chompers because he shoots bugs and has a faster regeneration. Jade Cactus is the tank character due to decreased speed and increased HP. The Alien Flower shoots spores that explode and linger which can be used to damage and direct zombies.

Plants vs Zombies:Garden Warfare has extra emphasis on sets in this update. A set makes for a neat uniform look however, each specific piece can be worn individually for tons of customization options. All of the different options make playing online feel even more individualistic than before.

Popcap Games set out to make a big change with a beloved series and is doing a very solid job of keeping the fans happy, as free content usually does. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Legends of the Lawn update is now free on all platforms.

By Garrett Jutte
Sources
Joystiq
Destructoid
Gamespot

8 Responses to "Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare Releases Biggest Update Yet"

1. Julio Mcgilvery   March 17, 2019 at 11:55 am

Sorry for the large critique, yet I’m definitely loving the refreshing Zune, and anticipate this, as perfectly as the Wonderful critiques some other people in america contain written, will aid you make a decision if it really is the right determination for by yourself.

2. bs player tamindir   March 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I in finding this topic to be actually one thing which I believe I’d by no means understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I’m taking a look ahead for your subsequent put up, I will try to get the hang of it!

3. cartoon wars   February 28, 2019 at 12:21 pm

At this time it sounds like Expression Engine is the preferred blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

4. long term loans no credit check   February 25, 2019 at 4:08 pm

This is super informative! I’m glad I found your post as it’s an improvement on similar blogs I’ve seen from most people on this subject. Can I ask you to expand this? Perhaps give an additional example? Thank you!

5. Dragon Nest M Hack – Get Diamonds Gold    February 25, 2019 at 10:45 am

I think this is one of the such a lot important info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. However want to statement on some normal issues, The site style is ideal, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Excellent process, cheers

6. Instagram Hack Learn to hack ANY Instagram Account   February 25, 2019 at 10:25 am

you have a terrific weblog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my blog?

7. internet download manager 6.32   February 21, 2019 at 12:32 am

I wanted to compose you one little observation to be able to thank you the moment again for those superb opinions you’ve shown on this site. This has been quite surprisingly generous with people like you to supply easily what exactly a number of us would have supplied as an electronic book to earn some money for themselves, specifically now that you might well have done it if you ever desired. These creative ideas also acted to provide a easy way to know that the rest have a similar interest similar to mine to realize a great deal more regarding this condition. I think there are thousands of more pleasurable times up front for people who see your blog.

8. GCAnds   December 21, 2014 at 8:49 pm

That plasma shooter looks awesome!!! The update is cool too. ugh. Wish I could play it soon. do you guys have other zombie games to suggest? that’d be great!