Florida Republicans Voting for Hillary Clinton


On November 1, 2016, early voting polls in Florida indicate more than one-quarter of registered Republicans have cast their ballots for Hillary Clinton. Two states that the Democratic presidential nominee must win are North Carolina and Florida, which her campaign describes as checkmate states. She must carry the swing states to ensure the accumulation of electoral votes needed to be elected to the presidency.

The CNN polls in October indicated that Clinton had an 18 point lead over Donald Trump among early voters.

CBS reports the percentages of Florida’s Republicans who cast early votes break down as follows; 11 percent registered since 2012, 83 percent voted in the last presidential election, and six percent did not vote four years ago. Among registered Democrats the numbers were similar.

Early voting, in person or by mail, is underway in 37 states. Experts predict that more than 46 million people will have voted before next Tuesday, November 8.

As of November 2, at 12:56 a.m. EDT, The New York Times daily prediction is that Clinton has an 88 percent chance over Trump’s 12 percent to win. Hers are down 1 percent and his are up 1. from the day before.

However, the paper indicates that  the ROP candidate could win, although it is as unlikely as a professional football kicker missing a 35-yard field goal.

Written by Cathy Milne


The New York Times: Election Forecast; Who Will Be President?
760 AM Radio: Early voting: More good signs for Clinton in key states
Twitter Feed CNN: 17% of early GOP Voters Chose Clinton

Image Courtesy of WEBN-TV’s Flickr Page – Creative Commons License

2 Responses to "Florida Republicans Voting for Hillary Clinton"

  1. Taren Goodnight   March 18, 2019 at 8:34 pm

    This excellent article seems to be have considerable website visitors. Exactly how support it? It all provides cool extraordinary take on the subject of problems. My partner and i possessing items legitimate or perhaps a great offer specifics of is central to the item.

  2. Jeannie Stacy   March 11, 2019 at 5:18 am

    Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Kudos


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.